forum

Dropout - Undone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Owlodh
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
-NeBu-
Insane:

00:04:064 (1) - wrongly snapped
00:06:064 (1) - ^
00:08:064 (1) - ^
00:10:064 (1) - ^ (they should be on white tick)
00:02:251 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - do stuff like this by using distance snap from right panel on the bottom or convert slider into burst (ctrl+shift+f)
00:12:751 (2,3,4,5,6) - well, if your timing is correct, then you should use only white/red ticks for circles

and it's problem through whole map, so you should fix it.

ps. offset is wrong - it should be 2049.

good luck!
Aniviuh
I can see that you are new to mapping and you seem to have a good start and general grasp of the basics. There are a few things to consider though.
- I reccomend reading the WIKI on the editor and all the tools that may be useful to you, and general basics that you are missing. For example, when mapping you need to have DISTANCE SNAPPING on, for pretty much for any type of map. This is used for keeping objects evenly spaced out or complete out of wack but still having some sort of organization (for intense songs with lots of changes in music or measurements for example). I RECOMMEND WATCHING A YOU-TUBE CHANNEL CALLED PISHIFAT he makes great tutorials on mapping. But for right now lets have some suggestions done on Normal.

- Normal -
For the beatsnap divisor try to keep it at either 1/2 or 1/4 I know the song requires a 1/8 for the begging but you should alternate. Holding ALT and scrolling up or down really speeds that up. Have Distance snap on and have real connection with each object when placing it, EVERYTHING needs to have a reason for being there.

00:02:282 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - DISTANCE SNAPPING needs be on. You know when there are higher pitched sounds happening in the song? Why not have some of those reverse sliders up higher and some down lower?
00:15:407 (8) - This slider should end on a red tick.
00:20:594 (4) - This isn't snapped correctly. It should not be on a yellow tick on the timeline.
00:28:157 (5) - This slider should end on a white tick.

But do you know what I mean? When pressing ctrl+A you can see all the objects being selected and you can see that all the objects are toward the center and not being really used the outer corners.

Don't let this discourage you from mapping, KEEP GOING!