forum

Beginner's GFXB #1: Freestyle/Anything Goes [Voting]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Affiliiated with Artem Familia

Welcome to Beginner's GFX Bimonthy, a GFX competition made for beginners! It's the junior division equivalent of Signature of the Week, a weekly competition where participants submit their stuff and vote and is also heavily inspired by GFX Resource's own Beginner's Signature of the Week!

Remember the following if you want to participate:

1. Your entry must follow the theme and GFX type.
  2. Your entry must be within size limits.
  3. Work must be submitted before midnight GMT of the due date.
  4. Plagiarism is absolutely, most definitely, and highly not allowed. You will be disqualified if you are found using or editting someone else's work and banned from future Bimonthlies.
  5. All submissions have to be anonymous. If you're participating, you can leave a post here saying that you're participating, but it's not required. You can also leave comments about your entry, but don't outright post what it looks like.
  6. As such, please PM Reunilu or any other person hosting the with the form below. DMing via Discord is allowed.
  7. Because this is all anonymous, if you have a watermark that includes your name, please use a different watermark.
Rules Specific to Beginners GFXB

1. Those who have already participated in regular GFX Bimonthy cannot participate in Beginner's.
  2. Those who have won Beginner's at first place four times times must move on to regular.
  3. People can move onto regular anytime before winning first four times.

Theme: Freestyle/Anything Goes
GFX Type: Any
Max Size: None

Form and Example:

[insert entry here]
[insert forum code for image here]
Proof:

[img]http://orig06.deviantart.net/f6f2/f/2014/158/a/4/a4abacda5735b72780f54392e700b5ff-d7lfc7o.png[/img]
Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hianexample

Due Date: May 13th

Banlist

• Kamikazy - Plagiarism. Cannot participate 'til hell freezes over.
Topic Starter
Reunilu
I'm lazy and feeling week, the short version is that I'm feeling sort of sick and I need to post this early before this gets any worse. Rules should stay the same as with regular.

JayM3_
Ok ok damn all these G-evex look amazing! Its trully wonderful to see all these so called "beginners" make something this amazing! Huh beginners huh... some are even better than me
Imma start off with a evaluation on all artworks
NARCISSISTIC JAZZ:
Damn... This just asks you to look at it; there are so much going on that it makes you want to look for more! But not in a way that it is messy far from it actually. The techniques used are very well executed! Text placement is good but text texture can be added for added detail, maybe metallic texture. Color scheme is quite on a minimalistic side and thus creating a image that that is calming and not popping out since there are tons of added details. Overall a 8/10

BRING IT ON:
Oh shit that loli is cute asf... Lemme start off with the color scheme, it really is good the blackness of the render makes it pop more than the rest of the image. The image somehow lacks some details in comparison of the first entry but that is really dependent on your style. The font style is ok but it can be changed to something really cursive or something that is thinner and rounder. Some placements are kinda off and really random but that can be learned by experience in the future. Overall 6/10

All that i am:
This one is really well blended, so nearly perfect that it makes me wanna lick my screen and taste where the edges are. For me this one tells a story, these kind of styles are very delicate. If you overlook a spot it will be gameover... Since this one is quite good on the color and blended quite nicely it is totally amazing. Nothing to say more. A 8/10

Youjou Senki - Tanya:
This one is from my apprentice aka slave or bitch. But im proud by what he has done on his first finished gfx! Literally this is his first... The color scheme os quite good but i think that the green should be more on the darker side(can be done by changing the lightness on hue settings) and that lens flare on the top left is also really random. If you are doing lens flare lighting, you should have a logical idea where to put where and thus making a effective lighting... The render can be clipped better making it look more natural and some lightings can be more adjusted. The same C4D's are also used many times making it look kinda unnatural but i really like those red particles on the center going to the left it added some type of dynamics to it.
So some points to clear for next time:
-DEPTH
-LIGHTING
-BLENDING
Ill give ya a 7/10 good job leo!

My vote will be NARCISSISTIC JAZZ
Akito
My vote goes to "all that i am".
Everything fits the theme and works well together, the one thing that triggers me is that everything is lowercase. I would have preferred if the first "a" and the "i" were capitalized. Other than that it's really nice and I have nothing to criticize. GJ c:

Also, sorry to hear you're sick Reu, hope you get better soon ;w;
- K a t h -
My vote goes to All that I am
I agree with JM though, all of these are really good. Really good.

Narcissistic Jazz

Everything about this is amazing. Placement of the render, distorted effect on the background supported the foreground, text complements the piece, and great coloring. The render might be over-sharpened on the edges though, but nonetheless, it's a great piece. ♥

Bring it on

I like the idea and theme the artist is going for here. It would have been better if the color scheme focused more on the black though since it's more dominant than the pink. As for the background, maybe textures would have been better than solid colors, but them circles tho. I like the Bring it on part of the text, maybe a different font for the rest? Also, I like the hearts omfg, creative af.

all that i am

aaaaa how do I start strangles self
This is perfection. Great use of textures, especially those text textures, o m g. Background really supported the render, and gave emphasis to it. And that text, just ♥. This piece looks simple but clearly used a lot of techniques. I would actually want to see a version without the line/vector on the side but I understand why that was added.

Youjou Senki - Tanya:

C4D skills are on point. Placement, lightings, flares, fractals, everything is on fvcking point. The blending could have been better though, but daaaaamn, you got skills boi. Anyways, I'm fangirling rn, gib me skills Leo.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Beginner is a bit of an understatement. >_>

My vote goes to 'all that i am'
The minimal use of colours really adds impact; it brings out the overall theme of the image. A perfect use of such a technique.
The positioning is good enough that it captures the moment well. It could be moved slightly more to the left, just to position both the cat and the person to the centre. (It's slightly offset, could just be me though.)
The implementation of both the vectors and the text are good as well, they're subtly implemented and are balanced well. Although a minor gripe for me is the plant element; it just feels out of place a little bit.
The dust texture brings out more of the atmosphere. The overlay pattern is also quite nice. Both add more character to the picture.
Kurochiie
"Beginner" //chokes

My vote goes to all that I am.

This kind of style is terrific! Meravigliosa! Subarashii! Bravo! Magaling! //chokes
Okay. So I agree with Kath. The background really supported the render. Everything looks perfect except for that line. I know what the artist wanted to do but it didn't go as planned and that's okay. Really amazing. -pats the artist-

These guys surprised me. A lot. :'> Keep pushing forward.
Topic Starter
Reunilu
"Beginners" indeed.

Voting has been extended to another 24 hours (midnight of the 21st GMT).
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Beginner's is delayed until later this week or until I can find someone/get ahold of someone who is able to host it in place of me.
1st Place

notkesh - All That I Am

2nd Place

Janpai - Narcisstic Jazz