forum

Dragonball Z - It's Over 9000!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 8:35:25 PM

Artist: Dragonball Z
Title: It's Over 9000!!!
BPM: 122
Filesize: 6074kb
Play Time: 01:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. >9000!!! (3.32 stars, 152 notes)
Download: Dragonball Z - It's Over 9000!!!
Download: Dragonball Z - It's Over 9000!!! (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey all, I need your feedback on my very first beatmap! yay!

It's based off of the youtube viral video for It's Over 9000!! (A Dragonball Z parody).

There isn't really much rhythm so this beatmap is just based off of visual playing, not so much rhythmical.

I need your feedback regard the syncronization of the beats and the overall passibility of the song.

Thanks!

EDIT: Spaced out the beats and rearranged some notes. Super pwnages sliders are still there.
EDIT: Switched out the FLV video for an AVI video. Hope that works.
EDIT: I decided that my beatmap is fine as is (after one last revision). Will submit for approval now.
fdtoonsman
The placement of the notes could use some work, but other than that, it's well-timed and playable.
Also it's not really much of a song :?
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove

fdtoonsman wrote:

The placement of the notes could use some work, but other than that, it's well-timed and playable.
Also it's not really much of a song :?
Haha, true true, but someone made a Stepmania stepfile to that "song" so I just thought, "why not port this over to osu?"

Thanks for the comments, btw.

Oh and, note placements... was that at a specific part of the song? Or overall?
kingcobra52
*looks at ranking criteria*

Hmm...doesn't say that you have to map a song. :P

BUT...

It does say that the map has to be perfectly timed, which would be near impossible for something like this, since it isn't music. It's really creative and you're definitely the first to try something like this (I think), but I doubt that this would be rankable.

I'll let someone more experienced have the final say though.
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove

kingcobra52 wrote:

*looks at ranking criteria*

Hmm...doesn't say that you have to map a song. :P

BUT...

It does say that the map has to be perfectly timed, which would be near impossible for something like this, since it isn't music. It's really creative and you're definitely the first to try something like this (I think), but I doubt that this would be rankable.

I'll let someone more experienced have the final say though.
So what would "perfectly timed" mean? Would that be like BPM or the synchronization of the notes?
kingcobra52
It would be the bpm and offset, but I was just saying that since this is dialogue and not music that has a beat, it would be really hard, if not impossible, to time it properly.

Do you know if there was ever a 9000 vid that went to music? That would definitely change things.
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove

kingcobra52 wrote:

It would be the bpm and offset, but I was just saying that since this is dialogue and not music that has a beat, it would be really hard, if not impossible, to time it properly.

Do you know if there was ever a 9000 vid that went to music? That would definitely change things.
a video? you bet, but then i'm not sure exactly how to get that into the beatmap.

I just selected the FLV video and imported it, unless you can't use FLVs. I think i'll try AVIs
DawnII
No he means an over 9000 that has music to go with it. If you can find one you can just rip the mp3 from the flv/mp4 and use it instead.
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
Graveyarded by request
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.