forum

Streaming.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX
Hey guys,
I am practicing streams at the moment and I noticed that my hand tenses up and my ring and pinky are stiffen in a really wierd way.
Is it better/possible to stream with a relaxed hand and if yes how do I avoid tensing up my hand/fingers?
Braixen-Desu
It's usually better to do it with a relaxed hand so you have more control over your speed. How I avoid tensing up my fingers is by raising my wrist.
vinnicci
Blitzfrog
It's because it's something that's new to you, at least at the speed you're streaming at.

Anytime you're learning a new skill, your body naturally tense up due to the heavy reliance on conscious effort. But with enough practise, it becomes "muscle memory" and your subconscious does the job, which makes you more relaxed. So in short, just keep practising and you will become "loose". And yes, relaxed is better
ManuelOsuPlayer

ShinyUAX wrote:

Hey guys,
I am practicing streams at the moment and I noticed that my hand tenses up and my ring and pinky are stiffen in a really wierd way.
Is it better/possible to stream with a relaxed hand and if yes how do I avoid tensing up my hand/fingers?
Take a 2 days break without touch more than 10 mins the gane. Then play <4* streams for a while until your muscles can adapt to streams without force them. Then slowly up what your muscles can handle without spam streams or hard maps.
If it's boring play under 4* for you try alternate all the maps if you're used to singletap. Or singletap If you're used to alternate. You will win more finger control/cordination.
Also try to focus more on rythm, reading, tap in right time than focus on your hand/arm. If you have to move your arm because lack stamina, stop and take a short break and play short/less bpm streams.

I have tryed learning to stream by brute force playing deathstream compilation maps. Take a break and play 3-4* easy maps give me more improvment in those maps in a short time than spam long hard streams like a retard.
Like double my scores from 7 mins maps playing those mapas he first min xD.
Also hitsounds help with consistence streaming. Try all your skins a couple times on full stream maps. Test too volume changes from hitsounds and music.
At some maps i play better using 10% effects sounds 100% music and others 100% effects sounds 50% music.
green tea
Practice makes better, at the end of the day.

If you find yourself tensing up (I had this issue when I wasn't confident about my ability to play well on certain difficulties), trying to take it easy and think, but don't overthink, about how you should hit the keys next time to avoid messing up or locking up entirely. If you get too focused on buffering those thoughts in your head (if you're like me) you're more likely to do it again, and again- or find some other way to mess it up when you should've been cool, calm and relaxed.

It's my belief that the more comfortable you are with what you're playing, the more relaxed you'll naturally become over time. I took up the habit of playing harder streaming BPMs to 1) Scout out what I'd be heading towards next and 2) Build up stamina and speed. You don't need to 100% FC top score when you're trying to do these things- find something to improve on, improve on it, then more on. Repeat that with the same skill if you really want to.

Personally, most of my days I start off without being able to stream for jack shit. Takes a little while for my fingers to break through into the zone where I can play more consistently again.
Nattsun
I only tense up when the stream is long or fast, maybe you are just on your limit right now? Try to stream lower bpm and see if you still tense up.