forum

Help: Triple tap in the middle of jumps

posted
Total Posts
17
Topic Starter
rosemaryjam
IMO I could finish 6 and 7-star maps but there is one thing that's giving me a problem. Almost every map I played has a triple stream in the middle of the jumpy parts. If it was a normal triple stream going to a slider, I'd do fine, no sweat. But if it's in the middle of the jumpy parts, I can't seem to do it. If I complete the stream, I miss the next beat. If I hit the next beat, I mess up in the middle of the stream. I don't think my BPM is too high IMO. My fingers just get jumbled up when this happens.

Edit: I may have been playing at a higher tier where I'm supposed to be, Sorry about that. me completing 6 or 7* in my vocabulary is at least a C score. Noob move :(
J_8579
Why are you complaining about triples on 6 and 7* when you're only 201k?
-Makishima S-
Bro, you are 200k with bad accuracy. This maps are not for you. Slow down, go back to easier maps what you can actually play and FC.
Hibiya-chan

Derojan wrote:

IMO I could finish 6 and 7-star maps
Oh sure you do :^)
1Alone

F1r3tar wrote:

Why are you complaining about triples on 6 and 7* when you're only 201k?
^, no need to rush to 6* and above son :)
kai99
play more.

seriously though.
6, 7* maps won't do you any, any good. If you really want to improve at this game, start from mid 3* and make your way up.
repr1se
Hit Accuracy: 91.42%
Play Time: 61 hours
bro
Topic Starter
rosemaryjam

F1r3tar wrote:

Why are you complaining about triples on 6 and 7* when you're only 201k?
I'm really sorry if I sound pretentious, I'm relatively new to the game and I'm not sure when to do to go to the next stage. Where would you recommend me to play until I improve?
Topic Starter
rosemaryjam

[Taiga] wrote:

Bro, you are 200k with bad accuracy. This maps are not for you. Slow down, go back to easier maps what you can actually play and FC.
Thank you for the info! I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be right now. Sorry about that ;b
Topic Starter
rosemaryjam

kai99 wrote:

play more.

seriously though.
6, 7* maps won't do you any, any good. If you really want to improve at this game, start from mid 3* and make your way up.
Thanks man! this would help me a lot.
Caradine

Hibiya-chan wrote:

Derojan wrote:

IMO I could finish 6 and 7-star maps
Oh sure you do :^)
yes do what
ManuelOsuPlayer

Derojan wrote:

IMO I could finish 6 and 7-star maps but there is one thing that's giving me a problem. Almost every map I played has a triple stream in the middle of the jumpy parts. If it was a normal triple stream going to a slider, I'd do fine, no sweat. But if it's in the middle of the jumpy parts, I can't seem to do it. If I complete the stream, I miss the next beat. If I hit the next beat, I mess up in the middle of the stream. I don't think my BPM is too high IMO. My fingers just get jumbled up when this happens.

Edit: I may have been playing at a higher tier where I'm supposed to be, Sorry about that. me completing 6 or 7* in my vocabulary is at least a C score. Noob move :(
You have to read better the circles after the triples. If you focus much on read triples you are not taking care about the circles after. Then lost the song rythm to do the triples.
Play more maps what have bursts, maps like tower of heaven-another.
kai99
The reason moving up from mid 3* is because around late 3* the maps introduce triples and doubles. Further away, early 4* introduce bigger jumps, and some complex patterns with small streams. mid to late 4* maps include short, quick sliders and longer streams. That's the reason I tell people to finish lower star difficulties, no matter how boring low level maps are. Good luck and have fun!
I Give Up

Derojan wrote:

triple stream
Thinking
extravagance

Derojan wrote:

Edit: I may have been playing at a higher tier where I'm supposed to be, Sorry about that. me completing 6 or 7* in my vocabulary is at least a C score. Noob move :(
I'm fairly new to the game as well, but you shouldn't be at 6 stars. Let alone 5.5. I'm barely above your rank and I can't even FC 5 star. tone it down a little and go down to 4 stars. I know it's boring but it does help
SirOxorsid
Maybe I'm just a slow learner but I'm a little over 200k and I'm at the 3.5-4.5* range. Anything higher I can't even pass. It certainly baffles me that you claim to be doing 6* maps and yet I have a higher top play than you xD
Blitzfrog
I'm just gonna repeat what these peeps said, but with slight more detail


I almost never judge one by PP, so I took a quick look at your profile to see any plays you have done this week.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1215541?m=0 You got an A on this, with SD.
6 days ago, you got a C in https://osu.ppy.sh/b/966335?m=0

Now any 6*+ players will tell you that if they tried to play those maps, it would probably be a sight read FC with high accuracy. Seriously, even a 70k scrub like me can get an A if not S on almost any 4*, none-gimick maps you throw at me.


It's good that you realised playing at 6+* is not a very good idea, but the trouble I found around your rank is, "what difficulty map should I be playing at?"


First off, get lots of maps. Like, LOTS of them. At least 1 thousand at every star range up to 6*

I would say you need to play maps that you get AT THE MOST LEAST 85%. This might be too low for some of the oldies lurking around here but I say that acc is because you're about the level where you need to learn new patterns as well as co-ordinate your aim/tap and all these other stuff. And when you are learning, you just don't have the concentration to 99% everything. However, in general, you should aim for 90%+, because that will ensure you know which notes are a miss and which notes are a hit and learn accordingly.



As for the original question, the triples in the middle of jumps. To hit those, you need to "aim along with the rhythm". What this means is, you snap your cursor according to the beat/rhythm of the song, this will allow you to keep track of the notes and not get confused. To be able to do that, however, you need to know what is going on in the first place. These are slightly harder to aim because it requires more control since you need to stop for a brief moment then continue with the flow/momentum of the jumps. In some cases, the 2 notes are placed before the "jump note", this means you need to aim twice as fast on that specific jump to hit those.

Either way, you will get there with enough correct practise, and by then, you will have enough aim to practise/play the triples.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply