Improvemnt plateau

posted
Total Posts
25
show more
1Alone
Try lowering sens :D Works great for me, I'm able to shift from hard to fcing insanes upon lowering it (although it's a matter of personal preference) (took me one month to get decent acc and 2 more weeks to fc my first insane)
ithgyu
Honestly... play more, if you want to get better you really just have to play the game more often. just over 1 mil hits in 2 years is incredibly low. If you are busy with other stuff thats fine, you dont have to be good at osu, but if you truly want to get better you have to play more.
Topic Starter
extravagance

1Alone wrote:

Try lowering sens :D Works great for me, I'm able to shift from hard to fcing insanes upon lowering it (although it's a matter of personal preference) (took me one month to get decent acc and 2 more weeks to fc my first insane)
I have tried that and i guess it does work. I just gotta get used to it. It feels weird playing anything less than 2.7 lmao. Thank you for the advice though

ithgyu wrote:

Honestly... play more, if you want to get better you really just have to play the game more often. just over 1 mil hits in 2 years is incredibly low. If you are busy with other stuff thats fine, you dont have to be good at osu, but if you truly want to get better you have to play more.
I mean. I guess you are right. I am finishing up highschool. (As in i only have 8 days left) so i guess i could squeeze some more hours. Thank you for the advice man. I appreciate it
1Alone

ibi wrote:

I have tried that and i guess it does work. I just gotta get used to it. It feels weird playing anything less than 2.7 lmao. Thank you for the advice though
For starters ensure you use 800dpi, then gradually lower/higher it if you still feel it's kinda fast/slow (play around with your mouse etc. , dpi, ingame sens) and turn off all accel (Search around the forums. There are some guides [6/11 windows sens, no enhance precision etc.]). Going too low directly will rip your muscles off lol
Comfy Slippers
Problem with people is their mentality, not the skill. If you really want to improve, you will not come and cry to G&R where you know everyone will post the obligatory "play more". A part of this "mentality issue" is not experimenting. Being afraid to change styles, optimizing game, tinkering sens. and so on. Been there - done that. In 70ish days I climbed from 120k to 78k rank with below average peripherals. So if a trash like me can do it, so can everyone. Just have in mind that altering universal offset will temporarily help you but screw you up in a long run.

Looking at these threads is kinda annoying -- there is no better feeling than solving your problems all by yourself, seeing progress and building self-esteem as a result. Overcome the obstacles without adopting bad habits.
N0thingSpecial

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Problem with people is their mentality, not the skill. If you really want to improve, you will not come and cry to G&R where you know everyone will post the obligatory "play more". A part of this "mentality issue" is not experimenting. Being afraid to change styles, optimizing game, tinkering sens. and so on. Been there - done that. In 70ish days I climbed from 120k to 78k rank with below average peripherals. So if a trash like me can do it, so can everyone. Just have in mind that altering universal offset will temporarily help you but screw you up in a long run.

Looking at these threads is kinda annoying -- there is no better feeling than solving your problems all by yourself, seeing progress and building self-esteem as a result. Overcome the obstacles without adopting bad habits.
Says the guy with only 88 post count, you're gonna have a bad time in G&R is you get annoyed in 88 posts
Comfy Slippers
Im here way longer than you think, I just avoided posting. Also, you're wrong if you think i'm gonna be a yes-man that agrees on anything and everything.
N0thingSpecial

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Im here way longer than you think, I just avoided posting. Also, you're wrong if you think i'm gonna be a yes-man that agrees on anything and everything.
Are you insecure about being "accused" for being a yes man lol?
Comfy Slippers
You have problems buddy.
N0thingSpecial
I play osu of course I have problems
1Alone

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I play osu of course I have problems
No wonder you keep asking people to quit at every chance you get lol
N0thingSpecial
cause thats the most helpful advice I could ever give
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I play osu! of course I have problems
help
kai99
hi im kai
KupcaH

kai99 wrote:

hi im kai
hi, kai im tai
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

kai99 wrote:

hi im kai
hi, kai im tai
kaitai xd
Topic Starter
extravagance

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Problem with people is their mentality, not the skill. If you really want to improve, you will not come and cry to G&R where you know everyone will post the obligatory "play more". A part of this "mentality issue" is not experimenting. Being afraid to change styles, optimizing game, tinkering sens. and so on. Been there - done that. In 70ish days I climbed from 120k to 78k rank with below average peripherals. So if a trash like me can do it, so can everyone. Just have in mind that altering universal offset will temporarily help you but screw you up in a long run.

Looking at these threads is kinda annoying -- there is no better feeling than solving your problems all by yourself, seeing progress and building self-esteem as a result. Overcome the obstacles without adopting bad habits.
Not crying about it. Nothing is wrong asking for help. Especially when i have tried many playstyles, tried different offsets etc...and for you saying I'm afraid to switch styles, i have tried every playing style i can (laptop touchpad, mouse only)

But nevertheless thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.
Caradine
it's easier to improve something you're not good at

you're getting decent pp from 4.5-5 star maps so getting better acc should amplify it nicely

what I mean is, nice avatar.
Topic Starter
extravagance

1Alone wrote:

ibi wrote:

I have tried that and i guess it does work. I just gotta get used to it. It feels weird playing anything less than 2.7 lmao. Thank you for the advice though
For starters ensure you use 800dpi, then gradually lower/higher it if you still feel it's kinda fast/slow (play around with your mouse etc. , dpi, ingame sens) and turn off all accel (Search around the forums. There are some guides [6/11 windows sens, no enhance precision etc.]). Going too low directly will rip your muscles off lol
You're right! I haven't messed with my DPI at all lmao. In will most definitely try that. Thank you!
Topic Starter
extravagance

Caradine wrote:

it's easier to improve something you're not good at

you're getting decent pp from 4.5-5 star maps so getting better acc should amplify it nicely

what I mean is, nice avatar.
Thank for the advice man. I'm just trying to get better acc atm. But i will take in what you said


I know my avatar is nice ;) thank you
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply