forum

How to transition from 3 to 4 star maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Keeesh
I am currently sitting at rank 188k and most 3 star maps either dont give me enough pp to gain enough to go higher in ranking or have streams/jumps which lower my acc so i cant get a good amount of pp/get better.
I'm thinking about transitioning into more 4 star maps but i find streaming really difficult and most of the time it lowers my acc by a ton.
I don't really want to use mods since im currently only focusing in getting better with no mods.
Are there any tips or advices to help me be able to play 4 star maps consistently well?
Thanks for your time and have a great day.
My profile: Keeesh
Endaris
go up in small increments of star rating, you don't have to jump from 3 to 4.
Topic Starter
Keeesh

Endaris wrote:

go up in small increments of star rating, you don't have to jump from 3 to 4.
I can do up to about 3.75* well and with an acc 95% and above consistently with an S but higher i cant get good acc because of streaming mainly.
What do u think i can do?
kai99
I played 3.75* up till my rank right now and i'm sure i still cant fc some that range. You're going too fast. One day you'll just realize that you can do 4* maps, but before that happens, you'll feel stuck and repetitive. I felt like there was no progress too. One day I just realized I could do 4* and that's how i moved on.
Endaris
Basically play more.
Learning to stream means to build on your ability to do triples and increase the amount of notes step by step.
5 notes, 7 notes, 9 notes etc.
This only happens through practice. You can find a list of practice maps here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Some may be too difficult for you but there are certainly some that you are well within reach for you.

And don't listen to kai99. Playing with a laptop-touchpad leads to some natural inability to do well on certain maps and that is exactly what happens to her all the time.
-Makishima S-
Fix your accuracy.

Sticked threads tells you that HIGH ACCURACY = PERFORMANCE POINTS

You just need to read them instead being lazy af.
Deusieus
follow what I did, play more. I played stream practice maps and rezoon's jump training maps. It helped me transition to 4 stars. Try the Granat beatmap as your first 4 star.

P L A Y M O R E

I got out of 3 stars by playing 4 stars with NF.
kai99

Endaris wrote:

And don't listen to kai99. Playing with a laptop-touchpad leads to some natural inability to do well on certain maps and that is exactly what happens to her all the time.
no endaris is just envious of my trackpad playing skills pls do not believ
but tbh i will do better with a tablet lol
1Alone

Deusieus wrote:

P L A Y M O R E

I got out of 3 stars by playing 4 stars with NF.
^, You need to adapt to ar9 first. Keep playing them with NF (But don't go to hard insanes directly lol, find light/easy insanes first [3.8-4.2*]. Maybe farming maps with generic mapping pattern), it'll come eventually
Braixen-Desu
A couple of things.
1. Are you sure you want to care about rank? You should be able to consistently beat high or difficult 4*s, then caring about rank is viable. (because you'll be able to FC 4*s for dat pp).
2. If you're having difficulty at streaming, then play more. A tip for doing streams is to match it with the bpm
3. Jumping to 4*s with not-that-good acc is bad. Your acc will become even worse while playing 4*s which will give you Bs or Cs. Get better accuracy first then play some more 4*s.
Topic Starter
Keeesh
Thank you all for the help.
Going to spam 3.5-4* maps from now on until i fc most of them.
ithgyu
na fuck that shit spam maps you can barely do, thats how i did it, took me like a week or less
Caradine

ithgyu wrote:

na fuck that shit spam maps you can barely do, thats how i did it, took me like a week or less
exactly
Topic Starter
Keeesh

ithgyu wrote:

the problem now is not doing them, the problem now is getting an acc of 95% and higher which i cant do to most of them.
Deusieus
let me tell you a little trick of mine

when I first started playing osu, my goal in mind was to always SS every map (because of cookiezi) so I started from 1 stars, SS'ed them. 2 stars, SS'ed them then from 3 stars.

I got stuck at 3 stars for like a month or so. Still with the main purpose to SS the map. I then went like fuck that shit. NF'ed 4 star maps, was able to increase my reading capacity. I then went back to playing 3 star maps and holy shit it was so slow. I just nf'ed shit for a week. It worked.

it might not apply to some but increasing acc is to go back to your roots atleast it worked for me
Blitzfrog

Deusieus wrote:

let me tell you a little trick of mine

when I first started playing osu, my goal in mind was to always SS every map (because of cookiezi) so I started from 1 stars, SS'ed them. 2 stars, SS'ed them then from 3 stars.

I got stuck at 3 stars for like a month or so. Still with the main purpose to SS the map. I then went like fuck that shit. NF'ed 4 star maps, was able to increase my reading capacity. I then went back to playing 3 star maps and holy shit it was so slow. I just nf'ed shit for a week. It worked.

it might not apply to some but increasing acc is to go back to your roots atleast it worked for me
Yes that's how it works

Playing for SS is definitely not right

Just keep challenging yourself and you'll get there fast
This does NOT mean playing promethean kings when you're like 100,000 rank. You will NOT learn anything
Caradine

Blitzfrog wrote:

play promethean kings when you're like 100,000 rank. You will learn anything
i'm at it do i play it on mcosu 1.5x speed ar6 cs7 od12.5
ithgyu

Keeesh wrote:

ithgyu wrote:

the problem now is not doing them, the problem now is getting an acc of 95% and higher which i cant do to most of them.
My first 100pp play was 89%, you can always fix acc later
zayed_mh

Keeesh wrote:

I am currently sitting at rank 188k and most 3 star maps either dont give me enough pp to gain enough to go higher in ranking or have streams/jumps which lower my acc so i cant get a good amount of pp/get better.
I'm thinking about transitioning into more 4 star maps but i find streaming really difficult and most of the time it lowers my acc by a ton.
I don't really want to use mods since im currently only focusing in getting better with no mods.
Are there any tips or advices to help me be able to play 4 star maps consistently well?
Thanks for your time and have a great day.
My profile: Keeesh
try playing maps above your level, basically 4.5 stars or something, i literally just went and ssd a 4 star jump map which is insane (HD/SD)

so yeah just play more i guess
- Zuramaru -

zayed_mh wrote:

try playing maps above your level, basically 4.5 stars or something, i literally just went and ssd a 4 star jump map which is insane (HD/SD)

so yeah just play more i guess

Ah yes the great necropost of 2019

(Please look at the date of the post before yours before posting)