forum

osu!stream Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
ampzz

Wishy22 wrote:

Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music?
There goes a fairly large chunk of potential osu!stream maps then.
Copter-kun

ampzz wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music?
There goes a fairly large chunk of potential osu!stream maps then.
And all the effort wasted too. All that mapping for nothing.
Faust
I don't think anyone mapped any touhou-related songs, Copter.
Azure_Kite
Nevermind the majority of the initial packs being Touhou.
Faust
Oh? So they were..

Tis' quite a blunder..

So uh, Nightcore?
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
that's a bummer since BOOZEHOUND is one of my fave songs there :<
Daru
Was there any reason given for the prohibition of derivative work on mobile platforms?
Also, how does Shanghai Alice have legal standing on derivative works in the first place? I thought that rights for derivative works are held by the creator of that work, not the original.
peppy
Unfortunately not. It seems with doujin distribution, artists are restricted to distribute their works "only via doujin channels", basically inhibiting how far touhou music reaches (legally).
D33d
I practically almost kind of slightly want an iDevice just for playing Stream. Peppy, care to estimate when an Android version would be released?
Yakety Saxer

D33d wrote:

I practically almost kind of slightly want an iDevice just for playing Stream. Peppy, care to estimate when an Android version would be released?
Already been said on the official osu!stream Twitter channel that there is no ETA and that it'll be out when it's out.
D33d
Now that you mention it, I kind of remember that. I haven't been following the Twitter stream too closely.
Drakari_old
Any word on when it will be back in the app store? From what I hear it will involve replacing most of the songs, but I do want to play on my iTouch and don't want to jailbreak...
peppy
Working as fast as I can to get things in place. This month for sure.
Metro
¿What happened?
Azure_Kite
It was brought to ppy's attention that ZUN has a policy where he doesn't allow derivative works (i.e. music themed from his own, by different artists), to be purchaseable on Mobile Media, such as phones and portable consoles, etc.

This doesn't really affect osu!, as Touhou" songs here are available freely, iirc.

For that reason, ppy took it from the iTunes Appstore for a while, to get it ready without violating those terms.
peppy

Azure_Kyte wrote:

This doesn't really affect osu!, as Touhou" songs here are available freely, iirc.
That's pretty flawed logic. As far as I can tell ZUN doesn't allow any of his content to be used in any other games, nor in any way on the App Store / Marketplace. Of course, you are in charge of your own uploads here so that doesn't concern me at the moment.
lepidopodus
http://kourindou.exblog.jp/14218252/
AppStore や Androidマーケットでの販売
Hmm, does this includes music from touhou games? Anyway, it's not that free.
peppy
I did contact directly with specific details, so it is safe to say yes.

See http://osustream.com/ for further details.
lepidopodus
Interestingly Bad Apple and Cirno's Perfect Math Class were used in the game named Music GunGun 2. Anyway Zun doesn't want to use touhou remixes in apps, seems we have no choice... I'll wait.
peppy
Music GunGun was released by Taito. ZUN used to work for Taito. Maybe something to do with it :).
EvianBubble
Finally got around to posting haha. After playing, I can safely say that it's very fun to play, and it even got my brother into it! XD Looking forward to the new versions (more songs especially, since I don't like most of the songs available atm, not to mention spacing is really screwy lol) :D
Question about the online ranking - would we need to replay the songs for the scores to be submitted? :O

Overall, cool game, actually someone asked me how I got so good if I'd only been playing for a couple of days and I was like, lol yea, I played the PC version XD
peppy

EvianBubble wrote:

not to mention spacing is really screwy lol :D
It's not "screwy" as it has been through a pretty strenuous QC process. It is different to PC osu! (constant distance spacing) but has to be in order to be playable on small screens. Future maps will feature similar spacing.

EvianBubble wrote:

Question about the online ranking - would we need to replay the songs for the scores to be submitted?
Most of the songs you have won't be available for ranking. The ones that will be will need to be replayed, yes.
Saeris
Just forced a collegue to test it on his iphone.. now i need it for android hehe.
First impressions was awesome~
EvianBubble

peppy wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

not to mention spacing is really screwy lol :D
It's not "screwy" as it has been through a pretty strenuous QC process. It is different to PC osu! (constant distance spacing) but has to be in order to be playable on small screens. Future maps will feature similar spacing.

EvianBubble wrote:

Question about the online ranking - would we need to replay the songs for the scores to be submitted?
Most of the songs you have won't be available for ranking. The ones that will be will need to be replayed, yes.
Wow, thanks for the reply! :O I guess I am just so used to PC spacing that stream's is messing me up :P Eagerly awaiting the next version :3
Drakari_old
Does this mean it's back in the app store now? *Goes to check anyway, making this post meaningless*
mm201
Just to clarify, osu!stream maps are generally spaced. Jumps are very easy with two hands, which is why you see so many of them. Just like osu!, you should expect to see them at intuitive spots. Spacing with multi-touch patterns is something of an oxymoron but one of the two objects will usually be spaced, and these patterns should be obvious because of connecting lines.

Likewise, large spacing is easier to see and play, so it gets used on all difficulties.
Roga-don

<33333
jjrocks

Roga-don wrote:

<33333
.........how
MMzz

jjrocks wrote:

Roga-don wrote:

<33333
.........how
^ ;_;
Gabi

osu!stream wrote:

while the iOS version isn’t available, android is progressing smoothly, and quite playable.
It's probably not released to the public yet, but i'm guessing it's going to be available soon.
D33d
The Android version appears to be progressing much more quickly than what I'd envisioned. At this rate, the game will be out by the time I get a new phone.

peppy, you wonderful thing!
papohxc
I dont see the game in the app store, it says "not available in U.S."

which countries are available for download?
peppy
Please see the notice on the website.
Bakario
wow,this hits looks like to the hits of osu!stream :B

Nightcore Skin Fiesta Version! [Multi-13 Language!] :<
Dexus

peppy wrote:

I know at least one person has already made one despite what I said, anyways.
NoHitter
@Dexus
You do know that there was no reason to post that?
You're only encouraging people to actually disobey peppy and get the skin themselves.
peppy
Actually I think the reason to post it was to show his disrespect. It's all good.
Dexus
@NoHitter @peppy
I'm not going to release any of these files at all. I already had them kind of made while I was sending the PM to you peppy. I wasn't doing it out of disrespect, sorry if I offended you. I will remove my posts if you want me to.
chineseman72
I was just wondering if the game is out on the Itunes store yet because I still can't find it.(Maybe because i'm in China for vacation?)
Drakari_old
The game has been temporarily recalled from the appstore because a very large portion of the library was discovered to be illegal. (Note that it seems to be the developers who noticed the problem rather than iTunes complaining in case that wasn't clear).
show more