forum

osu!stream Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Offset setting will be coming, for sure.
roleykatsu
I'm not sure if my review for the game is available since Apple is a secretive ass and/or think my reviews should be redacted from public reading (lol butthurt crapple.), so I'm posting my review here~

My review for osu!stream
Rating given: 5 stars
I was waiting for this app to be available for a while and now that it is, I can tell you that this app is even more fun to play than watching the YouTube demos.

Also the pricing for new songs are quite reasonable and are worth it when considering a bunch of other apps for iOS which has garbage, senseless in-game add-ons that can only be unlocked by paying for them. Songs in iTunes that can be found free elsewhere is about $1.29 apiece, while the optionally downloadable songs in osu!stream are averagely priced as .99c apiece and offer great set of maps per song that you can play repeatedly and never get bored of it. Well I don't, anyway. Plus more songs, both free, on sale, and for purchase will be available soon so it's quite worth it to try.

All in all this is a great game and if people know their way around osu! on PC then osu!stream will be just as simple. And hey this game is free and comes with 4 great songs already so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get the game.

Sincerely,
Roley
Zhanger_old
sadly, my ipod touch 1g is unable to download it T_T"

oh well.
Azure_Kite
I wonder how popular this is gonna get?

I'm sure it's going to catch like wildfire, and your dreams of taking over the world with beat tapping mayhem will be truly realised.

I have no issues with In-Game Purchases for songs (of course, I now need iTunes credit, but meh), as it supports both pepy and the artists who composed the song.

peppy wrote:

In order to get it prepared I have quit my day job, so it could also be considered a possible source of income. It is also part of my endeavour to try and help smaller artist become more known, and provide them a stream of revenue that can help them create more work in the future, and possibly grow larger.
(...whoa, that's some commitment "^_^ )

Might just leave this here too.
Wishy
I might give this a try on my iPad... though I guess I won't really get into it since this game doesn't look like it's going to be competitive at any rate.
Waryas
I don't own any android or apple product but this looks like something my friends are going to show me soon on their iPhones lol.
Best of luck.
Iaknihs
Well i already commented on this game on rating (which MAY at some point arrive, but who knows what apple does with my rating again ;) ) and on the osu!stream website, but i'll just say it here again
this is the BEST game i could find for iPad so far, and i tried loads of games xD

p.s.: i had to write my apple-rating on the german site because my iPad didn't want to let me use the english site at this point of time oO
Randy96
Reading all of peppy's comments makes me sad that I don't have an iPhone/Pad to support him with
Azure_Kite
Randy96
Thanks to use Azure_Kyte for the headline.
mokona99
I secretly tried it out on my brother's iPad for a few minutes, and I can honestly say that this is one of the best iPod/iPad games I've seen in a while. It's something you'd expect to see from a big name developer. Real high quality stuff. It's a shame that my first generation iPod Touch can't play it, though.
Roga-don
I think you should do a forum for the incoming osu!stream community. You're right when you say that osu! and osu!stream are different.But then why do we post in the osu! forum ? :?
peppy
I will setup a discussion board on the stream site in the near future. Currently backlogged too far with higher priority stuff.
CXu
Is there plans for any difficulty increasing mods such as Hidden, Doubletime or Hardrock? Just wondering
Randy96
CXu
Yay me reading stuff
Bakario
i want the skin 8|
Behon
Bought it, really enjoying it. 2 questions that I can't find answers to, though:

- Are there any plans to add English songs for DLC from smaller/indie bands?
- Are there any plans or even the possibility of enabling custom skins?
mm201
Yup
Nope
artpiggo
It's like an accuracy-based game. :)

Challenge in another way.
Towjow
I don't know why, it might be my ipad, but the reactiontime of this one is kinda different that the official osu iphone version. I often get 100 here on that sunrise song while I get 300's on insane songs on osu iphone.
Roga-don
When I wanna have perfect timing, I gotta delete all background tasks (you know, double click on the main button)
Towjow

Roga-don wrote:

When I wanna have perfect timing, I gotta delete all background tasks (you know, double click on the main button)
I have 3.2.2. Got no multitasking on my ipad for less lags :D
Jinxy
To be entirely honest sometimes I think the mapper forgot not everyone has a playstyle that can reach double notes that are both into the far side of the playing field. My thumb can barely reach the other side of the playing field when double notes like that happen.
peppy
Try placing your device on a flat surface and playing with two fingers, or adjusting your grip so you don't have both hands gripping each side of it. I support with both hands, but don't grip tight, so thumbs movement is quite free.
Behon
Is the store down for anyone else?

Also, could there possibly be a way to set up email notifications when new songs are put out, or should I just check the Twitter feed?
Zekira
Just a question; how many objects can be placed simultaneously at a given time?

*totally hoping its 6 so that he can continue to fantasize about PnM-like notecharts on this lol*

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet] [/obviouslydoesn'tknowanything]
OzzyOzrock

Zekira wrote:

*totally hoping its 6 so that he can continue to fantasize about PnM-like notecharts on this lol*

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet]
I'm assuming two since the connection bar thing would only attach two.

I can imagine how to make a taiko map on osu!stream lol
Zekira
2 is still workable, yeah... a single hand can use 2 fingers anyway so... 8D
Anzo
Can someone give me the graphic elements so I can make a skin out of it?
(Or maybe someone will just work for the skin..)
Starrodkirby86
As been mentioned here ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58973 ), at this point peppy would not like the skin being recreated or redistributed whatsoever. This is due to being sure that osu! and osu!stream are to be labelled as separate games, not to further blur the line as having them the same.

There may be a possibility in the future, but please don't count on it at the moment.
Quaraezha
If someone is ever gonna make an osu!stream skin for osu!, then it would only be logical if the original artists made it.
mm201

Zekira wrote:

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet] [/obviouslydoesn'tknowanything]
As many as the iPhone will allow. I think that's 8 or something?
As a design choice, we are limiting it to two in maps for the time being, until we can get a better sense of what players are going to be capable of.
Given the high amount of movement in this game, it can't really go as high as some other rhythm games without becoming unplayable.
Roga-don
So from now on, you'll only do songs not related from touhou because of Apple rules ? :?
What about vocaloid ? You could do personnal compositions with vocaloids, it's not forbidden !
Well, in any case, It'll make osu!stream even more different than osu!

mm201 wrote:

we are limiting it to two in maps for the time being, until we can get a better sense of what players are going to be capable of.
CAN'T WAAAAIT :cry:
peppy
They are Shanghai Alice rules, not Apple. Vocaloid is a definite possibility we are looking into.
NatsumeRin

peppy wrote:

Vocaloid is a definite possibility we are looking into.
what a good news.
Wishy
Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music? Like did they give any reason or he just said no?
peppy
Zun updated his terms earlier this year to specifically state zero distribution of derivative works on any mobile platforms. I was still working with the terms that were released when I began on osu!stream, but have had to restructure after reading the new terms.
Azure_Kite
Well, this is unfortunate. D:
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
re osu! stream skin:

i'm actually surprised that an official osu! stream skin for osu! PC won't happen! i thought that was planned in the first place. :<
show more