posted
Total Posts
show more
Zhanger_old

OzzyOzrock wrote:

peppy is tight with ZUN
this made my day lol
Daru
So you were able to contact the creators of the songs and obtain rights to use them in osu!stream?

For some reason, this strikes me as really cool.

EDIT:
The iPad on the site looks a bit funky:
peppy

Daru wrote:

So you were able to contact the creators of the songs and obtain rights to use them in osu!stream?
Yes, permission has been obtained.

Daru wrote:

The iPad on the site looks a bit funky:
I'm surprised that's all you noticed ^^;. I have a bit to fix on that site.
lepidopodus
Noticed some 'familiar' songs in osu stream, hmm, might be a good advantage.
Faust
Ah, Lix and Amane?

This is a really nice surprise.

Do wonder about which artists will be included next.
lepidopodus
Many touhous available... Hmm, touhou fans will like it, anyway.
dvorak_old
Don't expect we can get "major" song in osu!stream.
But if you are contents holder / friend of it, it could be.
lepidopodus
Of course I don't expected those 'licenced' songs or something, but I wanted something fresh, to be honest.

Ah, wait, I don't have any device to play it anyway.
Quaraezha
I'm loving the Graphic Elements :D
lepidopodus

Quaraezha wrote:

I'm loving the Graphic Elements :D
Totally agreed. Really fancy, I think.
MarKKaM
Wow, it's hard. I can't complete any map with S grade and it's impossible to complete expert mode with A grade :D
Avedas

MarKKaM777 wrote:

Wow, it's hard. I can't complete any map with S grade and it's impossible to complete expert mode with A grade :D
Yeah same here haha. My fingers keep getting in the way of me seeing a note or I start a hold with the wrong hand/finger. It'd be nice to see some non-touhou/vocaloid/anime/nightcore songs but I'm liking the current free ones.
peppy
We are working on song choice. Also the difficulty will be toned down in the next update.
Avedas

peppy wrote:

We are working on song choice. Also the difficulty will be toned down in the next update.
Well don't overdo toning it down. Maybe for the stream mode so it's easier to unlock expert, but I'm loving the new mapping techniques the multitouch and hold features are providing, despite their difficulty.
peppy
Only judgement windows would be changed, not the maps themselves :). We are confident about the maps.
Avedas
That's good then. I got an FC with 94.5% or something like that and still got an A :|
Jinxy
This is so cool

I've only A'd one Stream map, and proceeded to D its expert counterpart. I blame my screen's roughness.

One thing that trips me up is hold notes in the middle of the map. I hit it with my right finger since I'm right-handed, and the next few beats are on the right and I break. :<
Sinistro

Avedas wrote:

That's good then. I got an FC with 94.5% or something like that and still got an A :|
Grade calculation in osu!stream is entirely dependent on score ;) Just get over 900.000 points to obtain an S.
PsychoSkill
whoa, nice game :D

haha, Tester: My mum. I'm serious
Lilac
Looking forward to trying it out soon.
Hello_old
Amazing game.

It works smoothly on my iPad2,but after about 30min gaming,my iPad get hot and lost about 10% battery.It confused me a lot cause other games like jubeat or pulse didn't do so.Are there still any bugs or optimization problems in the game?would it be fixed or optimized in the future version?

a Chinese player with broken English,I hope peppy could understand.XD
peppy
I have not yet tested power efficiency, but this should not be the case. I will look into it. 10% battery drained in 30 minutes, or 100->10%? 10% change is normal for about 30 minutes of gameplay.
Cyclohexane
I S'd a few Stream maps and A'd some Experts, really really nice app.

However, don't you think osu!stream is easier to play on iPad than iPod? I play on iPod Touch 2G and sometimes cluttered notes are tricky!
Hello_old
it is 10% battery drained in 30 minutes.Sure the graphic is really really cool.but don't u think the consumption is too much for a rhythm game?And I'm anxious about the heat,Would my ipad exploded after 2~3 hours gaming?...XD
NoHitter
Just wondering.
Isn't the port to Android of this being considered?
Gabi
IIRC android osu!stream is also in progress, you'll just have to wait a little longer.
peppy

X wrote:

it is 10% battery drained in 30 minutes.Sure the graphic is really really cool.but don't u think the consumption is too much for a rhythm game?And I'm anxious about the heat,Would my ipad exploded after 2~3 hours gaming?...XD
hmm, i'll test other games, but i think that is quite standard? that's 5 hours of gameplay :o.
KanbeKotori
Oh it's so hard to get a high acc. Many 100 on sliders. I think if we can lower the OD of maps ?
Cyclohexane
KanbeKotori, the OD is going to get lowered on the next build.

I'm thankful for that because it makes Expert maps really really hard to S.
D33d
I am seriously looking forward to getting this for Android. I still haven't bothered to buy a new phone, as I can never make my mind up on which to buy. However, I might end up being swayed into a device with a 4"+ screen. I've been wanting the Desire Z since it'd came out, but would any of you say that that might be too small?
Jalatiphra
GOOOOD I CANT STOP PLAYING

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO PEPPY :)

awesome :)
Parsley
This app will makes it clear what tablet to buy. Would never get an iPad and the Playbook will never be able to top this. Go Android!
Guy-kun
So... Still waiting for my solid gold maps.
MMzz
When does android get it.
MarKKaM
New slider system is too hard. So, i usually get 100 or 50 points. Peppy, maybe it's better to make sliders like in PC version of osu (i mean, it will be not important, how far the approachcircle is from slidercircle when u press it, the most important thing - to bring the slider to the end)
Hope, you'll understand me ^_^
mm201

MMzz wrote:

When does android get it.
When it's done.

MarKKaM777 wrote:

New slider system is too hard. So, i usually get 100 or 50 points. Peppy, maybe it's better to make sliders like in PC version of osu (i mean, it will be not important, how far the approachcircle is from slidercircle when u press it, the most important thing - to bring the slider to the end)
Hope, you'll understand me ^_^
Slider scoring is also being made more generous. In the next version, you should always get at least an 100 unless you break your combo on the slider. Getting a 300 on the slider requires hitting the head with perfect accuracy. This isn't authentic, but it's the way peppy wants it to be. (TBH, sliders were a little too easy in Ouendan, so I can support this change.)

Since the "perfect accuracy" requirement for slider heads is the same as hitting a 300 on a hitcircle, and this is being reduced, sliders will become a little easier still.

An instantaneous loss of screen contact will cause slider judgement to become much stricter. This is being looked into.
MarKKaM

mm201 wrote:

Slider scoring is also being made more generous. In the next version, you should always get at least an 100 unless you break your combo on the slider. Getting a 300 on the slider requires hitting the head with perfect accuracy. This isn't authentic, but it's the way peppy wants it to be. (TBH, sliders were a little too easy in Ouendan, so I can support this change.)

Since the "perfect accuracy" requirement for slider heads is the same as hitting a 300 on a hitcircle, and this is being reduced, sliders will become a little easier still.

An instantaneous loss of screen contact will cause slider judgement to become much stricter. This is being looked into.
Thanks for the detailed answer. Everything is good now, but i hope it will be perfect! ;)
One more advice : the line, which connects two simultaneously appearing hitcircles should be colored in more vivid colour, for example blue or black, because sometimes it's difficult to see it.
mm201
Black would be much harder to see IMO. I find they look very bright and noticeable right now. As a spacing reader, I notice them right away and can react appropriately.
MarKKaM
Well, so i have to train :P
Lesjuh
Loving it! It requires a little bit more control over my left thumb/hand to fc on expert mode haha but I'm sure I'll get better by time. Well done everyone who's involved!
show more