forum

BlackYooh vs. siromaru - BLACK or WHITE? [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nwolf
taco

04:34:481 - I really don't believe this stream suits the song, mainly because it exists. Synth/piano is hardly playing any notes after the first 2 bars and often disappears into nothingness, while the drums keep up the triplet rhythm as always which doesn't make it feel more intense. Especially spots like 04:38:372 - or 04:39:670 - feel like they overmapped for stream's sake, not really fitting to the song anymore.

Also disturbing to me but not as much as above stream: 04:19:237 - Would make more sense to me if the stream didn't continue after 04:24:102 - because to me the melody is too calm to justify streams; neither drums or other background sounds justify it either. Song doesn't feel more intense than any other kiai part to me (looking at 1st kiai especially)
Topic Starter
Arrival

Nwolf wrote:

taco

04:34:481 - I really don't believe this stream suits the song, mainly because it exists. Synth/piano is hardly playing any notes after the first 2 bars and often disappears into nothingness, while the drums keep up the triplet rhythm as always which doesn't make it feel more intense. Especially spots like 04:38:372 - or 04:39:670 - feel like they overmapped for stream's sake, not really fitting to the song anymore.

Also disturbing to me but not as much as above stream: 04:19:237 - Would make more sense to me if the stream didn't continue after 04:24:102 - because to me the melody is too calm to justify streams; neither drums or other background sounds justify it either. Song doesn't feel more intense than any other kiai part to me (looking at 1st kiai especially)
Second point is interesting i'll make some changes around it

I'm kinda skeptical about the first though. I'll take a closer look tomorrow
mangomizer

OnosakiHito wrote:

I would also like to mention the HP setting. While you lowered it already to 4, I strongly recommend to use HP 2 instead. Nevermind where you miss in the beatmap, once you do, it is over the more you approach to the end of the beatmap and a pass is impossible to achieve. You are using already OD 7 to prevent heavy note locking which is good, but even so, I do believe it is even for lower people (beside those who miss a whole stream because of possible note locking) just devastating when you have to basically fc nearly the whole map just to be able to pass it. I can pass nearly all streams, but once I miss, getting into it is hard and usually leads to a total loss of HP. Please consider this. I can't emphasize it enough.
I strongly disagree with your suggestion on changing HP because that view is completely unjustified. This map was perfectly fine at HP4. Firstly, your point where "it is over the more you approach to the end of the beatmap" is invalid. It doesn't matter where you miss in the map as long as your HP is non-zero, because all misses have equal weighting regardless of position in the map. A miss at the end of the map does not punish you more than a miss at the beginning UNLESS your HP is already at 0 and cannot go lower. However, if your HP is already at zero you shouldn't even be passing the map to begin with simply because the map gets harder towards the end (you are not good enough). Under the assumption that you are aiming for a bare minimum pass, this is especially true considering your HP would be floating somewhere between 50-100% near the end of the map. Now let's look at some statistics:

At HP4: You need to hit 1840x 300's to max out the HP bar. You also need to miss 190x miss to tank the entire HP bar. With approximately 2660 objects in the map, you need an average of +0.0188% per hit to pass the map. A x300 gives +0.054%, while a miss gives -0.52%. This basically results in being able to pass the map by missing 1 note out of every 9.5 notes on average, a total miss count of about 250x. (assuming your HP never reaches 0 or 100%) I'd hardly call that "basically fc nearly whole map".

There are many streams in the map, 2 of them being ~250 notes, while the rest are mainly 100-200 note streams. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume your average player only misses during the streams (vague simplification, I know, but mainly "notelocking issues" occur here). At 180BPM 1/4th, the flow is 12 notes per second. That means you have 21 seconds of streams that you can afford to completely nuke on to pass this map. which btw is an extremely generous estimate considering flailing about (mashing keys) tends to allow you to hit at least a few of those notes. Depending on your recovery time (which is different for every player), you can afford to make many MANY mistakes throughout the map. It is therefore unnecessary and perhaps even way too generous to reduce this map's HP to 2.

By your logic, Shinsekai should have HP0 because if you miss in the last stream you notelock and fail, because "pass is impossible to achieve". The solution to this is to get better at the game and pass the map with improved skill, not reduce the bar for passing maps. Heck, call it unfair for the bar being so high (when it is actually pretty low lol), but it is a 7* map, and not some pushover map that should be passable by some #5000 player. Part of the challenge of this map is nailing all the complex streams and it punishes you justly for missing. Getting out of notelock is a SKILL, and not something out of your control. Just get better at the game, and this HP fiasco is no longer an issue.

Also, HP <=2 should NEVER be used because it is broken, it rewards you with more HP for having bad accuracy smh.
Dreamtwolf

I love this map! Please continue your progress to Re-Qualification!
(I made a not bad score for a 5-digit)
Raiden
SPOILER
17:03 Raiden: 02:17:291 (1024,1025,1026) - was this 1/5 previously and changed
17:04 Arrival: nope
17:04 Raiden: blender kinda does the prfdsf (normal) prfsdf kdkka
17:04 Raiden: so another 1/6 quad would be justified if you want to add it lol
17:06 Arrival: Idk looks kinda weird ? tbh
17:06 Arrival: I think its fine like that
17:06 Raiden: lolk
17:06 Raiden: ok*
17:07 Raiden: 02:38:048 (1215,1216,1217) - kinda the same but maybe it's more obvious here
17:08 Arrival: hmmm
17:08 Arrival: It can be done yeah
17:08 Arrival: But same as before tbh
17:09 Raiden: kk
17:09 Raiden: 04:12:589 (1834,1835,1836,1837,1838) - full big notes for extra epic?
17:12 Raiden: 04:48:102 (2231,2232,2233,2234,2235,2236,2237,2238,2239) - you can put some 1/6 quad here
17:13 Raiden: 04:27:345 (1983,1984,1985,1986,1987,1988,1989,1990,1991) - woops same here
17:14 Arrival: they're a bit less obvious but like
17:14 Arrival: I try to split my 1/6 usage kinda
17:14 Raiden: mm
17:14 Raiden: what about the finishers
17:15 Arrival: o didnt see
17:15 Arrival: bb
17:15 Arrival: brb
17:16 Arrival: kinda too much contrasting with the low tone no ?
17:16 Arrival: i mean im slowing the sv down here
17:17 Arrival: putting big notes would kinda make it contradictory
17:17 Raiden: 05:26:372 (225) - 05:36:751 (311) - 05:39:021 (327) - 00:40:967 (164) - too, 3rd one for different tone
17:17 Raiden: mmmm
17:17 Raiden: at least these 4 04:12:751 (1835,1836,1837,1838) -
17:17 Raiden: would benefit incredibly from being big notes i think
17:17 Raiden: they sound like potent crashes to me
17:19 Arrival: looks so weird with the slow sv xd
17:20 Raiden: xd
17:21 Raiden: don't you think the sounds lose a bit of emphasis by being normal notes?
17:22 Arrival: Well I think the SV being slowed and the contrast made by the brutal SV change on the following ddddk is enough
17:22 Raiden: okay
17:22 Raiden: what about th eother 4
17:22 Raiden: ?
17:22 Arrival: It would kinda ruin the contrast
17:22 Arrival: gonna check
17:23 Arrival: oh these ones
17:23 Arrival: they were finishers for a while
17:23 Arrival: gonna try again gimme asec
17:23 Raiden: who made you remove them lul
17:23 Arrival: myself lol
17:23 Raiden: whoever that myself is fuck him lol
17:24 Arrival: Alright changed
17:25 Raiden: *crash bandicoot meme*
17:28 Arrival: updated :D
17:28 Raiden: checking the std to see if something broke
17:28 Arrival: okok
17:29 Arrival: should be fine
back
Lasse

Raiden wrote:

back
Alheak

Lasse wrote:

Raiden wrote:

back
or wite
jeanbernard8865
I can't speak for taiko cause I have no experience as a player nor a mapper but the std diff is fucking awesome

congrats on qualify
m3gB3g
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
tatatat
drum-hitnormal2.wav has a 1.5 ms delay, not unrankable but you may want to fix it if you get a DQ.
You could significantly reduce the size of the mapset (even to below 10mb) if you cropped the silence out of drum-hitnormal2.wav, drum-hitnormal11.wav, normal-hitwhistle11.wav, normal-hitfinish11.wav, soft-hitclap10.wav, soft-hitclap21.wav, soft-hitnormal.wav, soft-hitnormal2.wav, soft-hitnormal3.wav, soft-hitnormal10.wav, soft-hitnormal11.wav, soft-hitwhistle2.wav, soft-hitwhistle3.wav
soft-hitclap.wav has a 2.5ms delay.
soft-hitwhistle3.wav has a 1.0 ms delay, chose this 1ms delay instead of the others ones with 1.25ms of delay because it is also listed above.
white_
It's been a while since I've been so hyped for beatmap, keep up the good work!
Topic Starter
Arrival

tatatat wrote:

drum-hitnormal2.wav has a 1.5 ms delay, not unrankable but you may want to fix it if you get a DQ.
You could significantly reduce the size of the mapset (even to below 10mb) if you cropped the silence out of drum-hitnormal2.wav, drum-hitnormal11.wav, normal-hitwhistle11.wav, normal-hitfinish11.wav, soft-hitclap10.wav, soft-hitclap21.wav, soft-hitnormal.wav, soft-hitnormal2.wav, soft-hitnormal3.wav, soft-hitnormal10.wav, soft-hitnormal11.wav, soft-hitwhistle2.wav, soft-hitwhistle3.wav
soft-hitwhistle3.wav has a 1.0 ms delay, chose this 1ms delay instead of the others ones with 1.25ms of delay because it is also listed above.
try improving the quality of the maps you post on instead of nitpicking stuff no one cares
Monstrata
Cropping hitsounds is really not necessary if they are below 5ms... It's like trying to get mapper to remove bookmarks because that would reduce the code of the .osu and reduce file length.
Surono
tatatatatattt u so cute but dont do this pls...
GoldenWolf

tatatat wrote:

You literally can not tell the difference at that scale, it's way too small. And even if you could, you're fucked by the way windows handles audio file playback anyway.

Anything below 4~5ms delay does not matter. If you're worried about filesize, know that all submitted osu! beatmaps combined must take multiple terabytes of space, even if you add/subtract 1mb per beatmap, it isn't going to make any significant difference.

The 10mb guideline is an arbitrary number, it doesn't matter if your beatmap weights 9mb or 11mb. It's only important to keep it relatively low, not necessarily below a specific arbitrary value.
Kin

tatatat wrote:

Have you even tried it?
Litharrale
so much meanness towards tatatatata just for trying to help

smh std mappers so cruel
Surono

Litharrale wrote:

smh std mappers so cruel cute
Egotrip
Felicitations :)
D3xIt10n
OMFG