1. osu!community
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
  4. Completed Skins
posted
It says there is already same name as the file can't not make the file name
posted
Why did you set the skin version in your skin.ini to latest (that DOESN'T just magically make your skin compatible with skinning changes in the game, it could break overtime), you aren't even suppose to use `Version: Latest` on the skins in these forums.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Skin_Versions

Look at those versions, and pick one like 2.5 for example, latest is only meant for personal/user skins.

Just alerting you to the oversight.
posted
[lucky:1337][/lucky:1337]
posted
This is VERY well made.

I have two criticisms:

1: I dislike slider balls that a) don't fill the slider in diameter, because it makes it hard to judge when the silder is over, and b) have the same color as the slider return ball and the cursor, because they all kinda mush together visually when everything is going fast

2: I strongly recommend using sliderb0 for the entire slider circle instead of using sliderfollowcircle because the size doesn't change dynamically visually, which is very annoying

3: Some of your hitnormals need less decay and seem laggy
posted

Philosofikal wrote:

This is VERY well made.

I have two criticisms:

1: I dislike slider balls that a) don't fill the slider in diameter, because it makes it hard to judge when the silder is over, and b) have the same color as the slider return ball and the cursor, because they all kinda mush together visually when everything is going fast

2: I strongly recommend using sliderb0 for the entire slider circle instead of using sliderfollowcircle because the size doesn't change dynamically visually, which is very annoying

3: Some of your hitnormals need less decay and seem laggy
posted
I edited my post afterwards and forgot about my post structure
posted
Looks awesome. Definitely trying this out on some 200bmp streams.
posted
Great skin! Love the colors :D
posted
This skin was so good that i just had to give response<3<3
posted
Awesome skin c: thanks for posting it !



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Picking up some things Philosofikal said, I've just played around with the sliderb0 and the sliderfollowcircle. Just for me I liked it better this way:
(sliderb0 slightly bigger; sliderfollowcircle slightly smaller + the gray part slightly less opacity)



PSDs:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uiti7t3h14q484h/sliderb0%402x.psd (sliderb0)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qa0mv6w0mvy3o2b/sliderfollowcircle%402x.psd (sliderfollowcircle)

Do with it whatever you want of course. :D Though, you could add something like this to your alternative folders - to make the skin even more perfect.



Still, love your skin c: !
posted
Very good skin! I love the minimalism this is the skin I've been looking for. There are some things that just doesn't seem like it fits. The "RPM" text during spinners seems a little of place, maybe it is the font size. Also for the pause menu, the buttons with the black backdrop doesn't really feel right. I suggest maybe making like a pause menu background. It would be awesome if you could review it. Overall this skin is absolutely my favorite now, thanks for your hard work on this skin.
posted
Amazing skin, the only thing i'd change is the miss sound to the roblox death sound
posted
Beautiful, plays very well, love how you modded the score v2 button. Overall a great skin.
posted
i love this <33
posted

Zh3n wrote:

Very good skin! I love the minimalism this is the skin I've been looking for. There are some things that just doesn't seem like it fits. The "RPM" text during spinners seems a little of place, maybe it is the font size. Also for the pause menu, the buttons with the black backdrop doesn't really feel right. I suggest maybe making like a pause menu background. It would be awesome if you could review it. Overall this skin is absolutely my favorite now, thanks for your hard work on this skin.


I will make an update soon, for some reason the RPM image keeps breaking, it's supposed to be way bigger and fit, I dunno why it keeps being exported broken. Thank you for the nice words! I'll make a huge update soon ;)
posted
Trying
posted
I love it! Personally though, i would like for a couple of things to be added for it to reach perfection for me on a personal level.

1) A more "focus" themed spinner as the current one can be too distracting in certain maps. (maybe remove the coloring inside the spinner itself?)

2) An option to remove the color that currently fills the slider followcircle, as i find it can be jarring on slider heavy maps.

Other than that, i absolutely love the skin. Great work!
posted

Kuen wrote:

I love it! Personally though, i would like for a couple of things to be added for it to reach perfection for me on a personal level.

1) A more "focus" themed spinner as the current one can be too distracting in certain maps. (maybe remove the coloring inside the spinner itself?)

2) An option to remove the color that currently fills the slider followcircle, as i find it can be jarring on slider heavy maps.

Other than that, i absolutely love the skin. Great work!


Hi there! Thank you for the nice words. You can find non-colored elements inside the "Focused" folder which resides in the "Presets" folder. If you can't find what you're looking for, take a look in the "Extras" folder as well.
posted

Enitoni wrote:

Kuen wrote:

I love it! Personally though, i would like for a couple of things to be added for it to reach perfection for me on a personal level.

1) A more "focus" themed spinner as the current one can be too distracting in certain maps. (maybe remove the coloring inside the spinner itself?)

2) An option to remove the color that currently fills the slider followcircle, as i find it can be jarring on slider heavy maps.

Other than that, i absolutely love the skin. Great work!


Hi there! Thank you for the nice words. You can find non-colored elements inside the "Focused" folder which resides in the "Presets" folder. If you can't find what you're looking for, take a look in the "Extras" folder as well.


Hello again, i realize now that i worded myself poorly. What i meant was making the spinner "fill" transparent instead of keeping that tone of grey, and likewise with the slider follow circle.
posted
I wanted to make mod icons in a similar style but with abbreviations instead of pictures. Is there any way I could get access to the font used for the rest of the text in this skin?

Edit: Here's a mock up with a temporary font.
Please sign in to reply.