Alisa Takigawa - Sayonara no Yukue ~TV size~

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Jennifer

Monstrata wrote:

Insane

00:06:072 (1,3) - Use the same slidershape. Take slider 3, copy paste it, and Ctrl+J and use that for 1. +
00:34:307 (1,2) - This is a calm section, so I would avoid jumps this big. Make this smaller so the section doesn't feel like its as difficult as later parts. Helps the map reflect the intensity of the song at different levels. Actually try stacking 00:34:836 (2) - 's slidertail with 00:35:719 (1) - 's head. i think the stacking looks a bit odd and the jump is fine, so i'll leave it as it is
00:38:366 (1,2,3,4) - Your spacing here could be a bit more consistent.
00:41:189 (5,1) - And maybe try blanketting, or making the pattern a bit more even like: changed the sliders around to avoid blanket -w-
00:50:189 (1,2) - The spacing is a bit dubious because its 1/1 but you make it seem like its a 1/2 spacing with your placement. adjusted them by a bit
00:55:836 (4,5) - here too could be spaced a bit more, see how its a bit similar to 5>6>1 after. i dont really see how its similar though, it picks up pretty quick after 4 >.<
01:26:542 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1) - This is cute. The spacing doesn't respect time-distance equality, but here it's done really well.

Overall the spacing you use on the map could still use a bit more finetuning, I pointed out a few places, but if you understand my logic, see if you can apply it elsewhere too. spacings should be fine, none of them are too explicit looking to me uwu

Hard

00:03:248 (1,2) - Lets not do jumps like this in the intro. +
00:18:424 (4,1) - A bit too close... Looks like a 1/2 jump or something instead of a 1/1 gap. moved up by a bit
00:21:601 (4,1) - Swamp NC's +
00:35:719 (1,2) - This is way too big for the section. Try an arrangement like this: i think its fine
00:49:836 - Here you shift to only 1/1 rhythms, so even though your spacing looks like 1/2 objects, theres nothing to confuse them with 1/2 rhythms cuz there aren't any 1/2 rhythms, so this is good!
00:57:248 (2,1) - Here though, could use a bit more spacing.
01:00:072 (2) - For sliders like this, two ways to construct them. Try one of them instead of this. +
01:09:248 (4,1) - A bit too big. moved in
01:29:013 (5) - Space this out a bit more so its similar to the jumps earlier. did

Generally two points of improvement are: 1) jumps being too big for their section, or just being too big for a Hard difficulty in general. 2) 1/1 and 1/2 spacing being confused sometimes. I think i pointed out most places though, but definitely go through again.

Normal

00:56:542 - This felt unnecessarily empty. Add a circle? If this were an Easy i'd be okay, but since this is a Normal you can afford to make the rhythm a bit denser. +

[]

I think this set is promising. Made some notes on Insane and Hard for stuff you should go through again. Idk if you are still working with Frostings but if you are, ask him to check for those issues too. You can call me back when you feel confident in the map. If you're still working with Frostings, get his approval too~ (Also don't forget to check my map, i'd appreciate it, thx!)

Frostings wrote:

no Kudosuu

Normal:
01:20:895 (4,1) - swap NCs here
01:23:719 (3,1,2) - and here

Hard:
00:21:601 (4,1) - swap NCs
01:28:836 (4,5) - maybe you could use the same distance that you use here 01:27:777 (1,2,3) -

Insane:
00:32:542 (3) - I think you should make this 1/2 slider to maintain flow
00:50:189 (1) - :X I think you should move this back to where it was before. Movement is too erratic
01:03:954 (3,4,5) - this looks really weird. I don't think you should stack them like that. Also the rotational flow might be a little much combined with the previous slider
01:13:130 (4) - make sure you stack this properly !!
01:28:307 (1,1,1) - I actually did like fast to slow better :( me too!! so im bringing it back :)

thanks uwu
Monstrata
Changes look good. Nominated~ Good job :D
Topic Starter
Jennifer
much thanks uwu
Doormat
oh i thought i told you to call me back after you got a few mods s:

can i qualify this after the timer?
Topic Starter
Jennifer

Doormat wrote:

oh i thought i told you to call me back after you got a few mods s:

can i qualify this after the timer?
sorry about that doormat :o

that would be great c:
Doormat
can i get a metadata check?

[Hard]
  1. 01:27:601 (4,1) - spacing here is kind of similar to the 1/1 spacing you used for the previous combo, maybe try moving in the 4->1 in a little more to avoid potential confusion?
[Insane]
  1. 00:15:601 (3,1) - still think you should Ctrl + G the (1) here. i get it's intentional so i'm guessing you wanted high spacing to presumably emphasize the introduction of drums, but this 1/4 spacing is really extreme and out of place with regards to the rest of the mapset. even if you look at your other double repeat sliders, none of them have a crazy distance of 7.6x between notes
  2. 01:27:601 (4,5) - same as the hard tbh; moving the NC from 01:28:130 (1) - to 01:27:777 (5) - might also help with differentiation between 1/1s and 1/2s
rest is okay, no kudosu for this post
Topic Starter
Jennifer

Doormat wrote:

can i get a metadata check?

[Hard]
  1. 01:27:601 (4,1) - spacing here is kind of similar to the 1/1 spacing you used for the previous combo, maybe try moving in the 4->1 in a little more to avoid potential confusion?
[Insane]
  1. 00:15:601 (3,1) - still think you should Ctrl + G the (1) here. i get it's intentional so i'm guessing you wanted high spacing to presumably emphasize the introduction of drums, but this 1/4 spacing is really extreme and out of place with regards to the rest of the mapset. even if you look at your other double repeat sliders, none of them have a crazy distance of 7.6x between notes i tried working around it but i do agree 7.6 is too high, so I applied it
  2. 01:27:601 (4,5) - same as the hard tbh; moving the NC from 01:28:130 (1) - to 01:27:777 (5) - might also help with differentiation between 1/1s and 1/2s
rest is okay, no kudosu for this post
Web for meta

Fixed the rest
Doormat

me irl

can't qualify this right away due to some metadata issues, lol.

there's no space in between the ~ and the japanese lettering, so fix that.

Song Title: さよならのゆくえ~TV size~
Romanised Song Title: Sayonara no Yukue~TV size~

also your Title/Unicode in your Insane doesn't match the Title/Unicode in your Normal/Hard
Topic Starter
Jennifer

Doormat wrote:

me irl

can't qualify this right away due to some metadata issues, lol.

there's no space in between the ~ and the japanese lettering, so fix that.

Song Title: さよならのゆくえ~TV size~
Romanised Song Title: Sayonara no Yukue~TV size~

also your Title/Unicode in your Insane doesn't match the Title/Unicode in your Normal/Hard
lolimsodumb

I just went over it again and hopefully its fixed this time xd
Doormat
metadata looks good now, but i'm going to rebubble it just to be safe. you can ask monstrata to qualify it after 24 hours.

grats on your first map!
Topic Starter
Jennifer

Doormat wrote:

metadata looks good now, but i'm going to rebubble it just to be safe. you can ask monstrata to qualify it after 24 hours.

grats on your first map!
thank you doormat! sorry for trouble cx
Frostings
hyp
Monstrata
Qualified!

We made the dark combo color a bit lighter so its more visible.
Topic Starter
Jennifer
thank you !!

Frostings wrote:

hyp
uwu
Delis
the chill mapping fits to the song nicely :)
Kyouren
Congratulations for your first ranked map! :D
IamKwaN
need reference for the romanised artist, what i could find is Alisa Takigawa

+ https://www.youtube.com/c/takigawaalisaSMEJ
+ https://lineblog.me/takigawaalisa/

thanks in advance
IamKwaN
disqualified to fix romanised artist
IamKwaN
back to qualified
meii18
wow didn't know this got qualified congratz!!
Topic Starter
Jennifer
thank you guys !
_handholding
00:21:072 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - going back to my previous mod I still think these are 1/3 and that when playing its really obvious you're playing a wrong snap https://i.imgur.com/1qfXlRB.png
Aeril

Kisses wrote:

00:21:072 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - going back to my previous mod I still think these are 1/3 and that when playing its really obvious you're playing a wrong snap https://i.imgur.com/1qfXlRB.png
00:21:072 (5,6,7) - these are 1/4 drums
00:21:424 (1,2) - this would be 1/3 if it was the drums but pretty sure hes following the like violin thing