forum

Will's Specialty Tournament #2 [CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haxwill

Welcome to the 2nd osu! specialty tournament!

Previously called "osu memory tournament"
Discord link, where everything will be posted and happening at (just like every other tournament in osu): https://discord.gg/gUTraGZ

Registration for this tournament has been closed, thank you to anyone who has joined! You can still join the discord to watch the matches and make sure you don't miss the next one! (But, We're still looking for mappool selecters/testers, 2 spots available, early bird gets the worm)

Why join?

1.)It is a kind of tournament that no one else hosts, any tournament specific to the "special" mods as i like to call them (FL, HD, EZ, and combos of the sort)
are hard to come across. If you like or are good with these, this is definitely for you. There are actually quite easy to get used to contrary to popular belief

2.)you can find people will similar playing interests with you

3.)Maybe you never worried much about playing with EZ HD FL mods but you might be better at it than you think you are, you never know until you try

4.)If you think you suck at Flashlight... i hear that a lot, most other do too. You may think you suck at it, but you might still be better than most people, especially if you play with HR a lot.

5.)Earning PP! and osuskills points! because motivation.

6.)Classy staff

7.)Combo mods (for 2nd mappool at least, there is your motivation to do well)

What exactly are we doing?

We will be playing with the mods: EZ, FL, HD, and Free mods, with various mapping styles. Your memory and reading ability will be important here, as even the freemod/ no mod maps will be the kind you have to have good reading on. Don't worry i'm not making you play 2 hours on every map to get a decent score, but at least a little bit of time should be dedicated to practicing the mappool

Experience recommended for lower ranks

How we will play
First, both players will use !roll command. the person with the higher number gets first ban, then the other person will ban. The lower number person will pick the level first. Each player gets to ban 1 level (that way no one can ban all the FL levels ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

it will be set on score V1, and you will be using the "teams" since on teams you will lose when you die.
You may play warm up or practice maps before your main match. the type of warm up maps will not be regulated, that's up to you to decide (warm ups are optional)

You will continue to play all remaining 8 levels, whoever has won the most of the levels will win the match and continue on. however, if there is a tie, and the score is 4-4, obviously a winner cannot be decided in a tie, you guys will continue on to play the tiebreaker (my favorite map here :wink: whoever wins the tiebreaker (or whoever doesn't die first) will win the match.

If you've played in a tourney before, it's pretty much the usual

Schedule

Registration ends: Sunday, May 7th, 2017 at 11:59 PM UTC

There will be THREE DAYS to finish each round, you will be seeded with someone who has the best time preferences, that should make scheduling your match easier.

First rounds start:Thursday, May 11th, 2017

2nd rounds start:Sunday, May 14th 2017

If no 3rds, 2nd mappool releases: May 17th (5 days to practice)

3rd rounds (if needed):Wednesday May 17th

2nd mapool releases: Thursday May 20th (5 days to practice)

4th rounds (if needed): Wednesday May 26th

semi-finals:
1.)if a 6 round tourney: Saturday May 29th
2.)if a 5 round tourney: Wednesday May 26th
3.)if a 4 round tourney: Tuesday May 23th

Finals:
1.)if a 6 round tourney: Thursday june 1st
2.)if a 5 round tourney: Saturday May 29th
3.)if a 4 round tourney: Friday May 26th

Amount of people needed for round amount:

4 rounds: 16 players
5 rounds: 32 players
6 rounds: 64 players
7 rounds: 128 players [Chance of this happening is so low i'm not even going to worry about this]

How do I enter?

1.) First join the discord
2.) Go to the registration channel
2.5) you can also register on the comment section, but you still need to join the discord
3.) State your osu username, your rank, your timezone, and your most prefered days and times to play, we will use your time preference to seed you (put your time preference in UTC)
4.)I will put your name into the challonge (link in discord), once your username is there you are in!

I want to be a staff member?

If you want to be a staff member, we have these positions available

Administrator: 1 slot available (qualification: I need to know you first or for a while)

Moderator: Has less powers than administrator, but still helps to run the tourney, enforce rules, and keep things fun (MODERATORS CAN BE PLAYERS) 1 slot available

Referee: Can monitor matches, help during matches, call out on rule violators, etc. Can either spectate or join match (referees must turn on Sudden Death and miss the first note if they want to play)

Player-ref: A referee, but also playing in the tourney

Trainer- Will practice and train with players and/or help them be better with mods, can create multiplayer rooms for public practices, etc.

Current staff members:
admins: -Sepia-, Misery (mizki)
Mods: leafyIsHere
referees:Deadpulse, Shino Inuzuka, espaza
Player-ref:NONE
Trainer:NONE

Mapool information

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Also on discord

I specifically made the mapool to have a variety of mapping styles. This will promote versatility and keep from someone having a huge advantage over everyone because of a specific mapstyle.

The 2nd mapool will be released halfway through the tournament, the maps selected for 2nd mapool will be decided by how well or not so well the players play maps. So if many people did really well on the FL maps, expect significantly harder maps for the 2nd pool. but if many people failed on a level... expect a similar or slightly lower difficulty for that kind.

I'm also looking for a mappool tester/selector if you want to sign up for that message me (preferably you'd want to sign up for one of the other staff ranks as well)

Anything else important that i need to add or that i missed, or if you have any questions- tell me in the comments

I hope you come play with us!
inhe
a
Topic Starter
Haxwill
DTFL 30 second levels best PP farm method ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Topic Starter
Haxwill
Only a few days left of registration, get it now while you can!! You do NOT want to be the guy left out trust me