forum

Post any Paradoxes you can think of here

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyquill
I thought I'd mention something here.

I recently WL'd a thread because of the inherent consequences of not doing so is too great. I doubt you want to restore it, but if you do its in wl.
dkun
THE DEAD SEMI-PRIVATE MOD THREAD LIVES ON AGAIN

HURRAH

but in all seriousness, you're fine
MillhioreF
man, I just saw this thread and nearly approved it. Way to go me.

luckily I didn't so WOOP WOOP super secret mod zone
Derekku
Nearly 2 1/2 years; man how time flies...
Wojjan
Friendly reminder to move stupid threads to the wasteland instead of letting them rot in OT. This is why the wojjlog was so cool!
dkun
I let them rot for a day or two for OP to realize how stupid their thread was. Makes sense, right? Duly noted, though.

Also, a note to our lord savior Shellghost:

Please make your own version of the WOJJLOG. The seagull wasn't too happy with the one I made for you.
Shellghost
Is it really necessary? Seems like a lot of effort which I could avoid doing.
Wojjan
If you want to see how well people take moderation when it's not spelled out to them by the action take a gander at Yoeri's posts in the tfw thread.
Shellghost
I think Yoeri is a special case of retard at the moment.

People that deep in the rabit hole will act stupid no matter how the moderation is presented to them
dkun
fwiw, you don't need to follow up with it Shellghost.

It's usage for all mods in the house, I guess Eph just wants you to start it. Since you know, you're our savior for the next x amount of time.
Shellghost
Tell him it's a WIP then :^)
Trash Boat
Like, seriously, nobody can see this thread? At all? ._. This thread is a paradox on itself.
Friendan
hi
Bweh
Don't.
Nyquill
holy shit I almost forgot this was here
kirueggy
A crocodile snatches a young boy from a riverbank. His mother pleads with the crocodile to return him, to which the crocodile replies that he will only return the boy safely if the mother can guess correctly whether or not he will indeed return the boy. There is no problem if the mother guesses that the crocodile will return him—if she is right, he is returned; if she is wrong, the crocodile keeps him. If she answers that the crocodile will not return him, however, we end up with a paradox: if she is right and the crocodile never intended to return her child, then the crocodile has to return him, but in doing so breaks his word and contradicts the mother’s answer. On the other hand, if she is wrong and the crocodile actually did intend to return the boy, the crocodile must then keep him even though he intended not to, thereby also breaking his word.
Pep
What if you wished for your wish to not come true.
Trash Boat
You build a time machine in order to go back to the past to kill your grandfather, thus preventing you from being conceived. You succeed in your mission, but because of it, the grandfather paradox triggers, in which states that if you kill your grandfather, you wouldnt have been conceived, therefore you wouldnt have created the time machine. But if you havent created the time machine, your grandfather would still be alive, and thus you would have been conceived. But if you have been conceived, then you could have went back to the past to kill your grandfather, and it keeps going indefinitely.
Trash Boat
oh ahd does a set of all sets contain itself?
Antlia-
Cyclohexane
new design ruined this thread's purpose
Trash Boat

Mr Color wrote:

new design ruined this thread's purpose

I hardly think so. When people check that most posts are from mods-slash-managers-slash-admins-slash-alumnis, shitposters will be like

deadbeat
yet you're still posting here
Trash Boat
Elementary, my dear Mojo.

And to remain on topic, another paradox.

You create a wormhole that allows you to see and intereact with any moment in time, but before setting it up, you prepare yourself by equipping a weapon. A gun, more precisely. Once assembled the gun, you proceed to open the wormhole, setting it up to 10 minutes in the past. You see yourself, assembling the gun. And proceed to kill yourself. At that moment in time, you haven't finished assembling the gun yet. If so, how could you fire that shot?
Kibben
Len Kagamine's song "Heat-Haze Days" (Often referred to as "Kagouru Days"

Song
IT HAS GORE! There. You have been warned.
Len's version: https://youtu.be/A7KNYk4f3XQ
JubyPhonic's version (dub): https://youtu.be/MU-rdG-M5Ho

What the song is about
It's kinda confusing anyway.
I recommend you watch the song before continuing, unless you have a soft stomach and can't handle the gore -- which is okay! Still, be careful. The words describe detail -- not to much but enough to make a gory visual.
The song takes place in a dream. (A fairly gory dream if you ask me!) In the dream, he and his friend, Gumi are hanging out in a park. Gumi seems to be fairly shy in my opinion as she "mumbles" a lot. She specifically mentions how she hates summer. Gumi was petting a cat while she says this, until it jumps from her arms and begins to run out towards the street. Gumi chases after it only to be run over by a truck in the road. (Wow. I said that so lightly.) Len screams as he watches his friend brutally shattering into pieces before he passes out on this hot summer day, he hears the heat mocking him -- "watch out! One day this will be you!" Len awakes the next morning (the day before the previous dream occurred.) The same events happen in this part of the dream as in the other -- until the cat begins to run away. Len takes Gumi by the hand before she can chase after it. He leads her off the sidewalk as they leave the park. When they get out in the open Gumi walks ahead. Everyone around Len and Gumi stare up in fear and gasp. A pole flies down from atop a construction building and stabs Gumi through her upper back and chest. Len screams as he sees his friend brutally being stabbed in the back and through her chest. He passes out after hearing the heat mock him that it wasn't a dream. (That part is confusing because it actually is a dream -- just very realistic.) This also includes a scene where Len leads Gumi up stairs but she tripped, let go of his hand and falls to her brutal death. This goes on for 10 years as he makes multiple attempts to twist the situation so his friend does not die. He soon discovers that this paradox is so cliché. When at the park, Gumi's same scene occurs. Len makes this a bit different. The cat ran away and Gumi chases it out towards the street and Len follows. Right before she runs into the street, he takes her by the hand, throws her aside and gets hit by the truck himself. Gumi stares in horror as she watches her friend's blood and body make hazy reflections of the fear in her eyes. Len is happy not to hear the heat mock him -- it was speechless. But of course this is not where it ends. Gumi sits on her bed with a cat still in her arms as she mutters to herself that she failed again. Turns out Len wasn't the only one having this dream.

I not sure of this, but I think this was the real thing because of the "ghost Len" at the end of the song. Therefore Len would be dead, right? Share your opinion and tell me what you think! I'm curious of what other interpretations could be out there! ;3
Kibben

Trash Boat wrote:

Elementary, my dear Mojo.
And to remain on topic, another paradox.
You create a wormhole that allows you to see and intereact with any moment in time, but before setting it up, you prepare yourself by equipping a weapon. A gun, more precisely. Once assembled the gun, you proceed to open the wormhole, setting it up to 10 minutes in the past. You see yourself, assembling the gun. And proceed to kill yourself. At that moment in time, you haven't finished assembling the gun yet. If so, how could you fire that shot?

I think if u shot youself through the wormhole you could pull it off :3
[ro]Nosteal
i went to the past and installed a virus that deleted osu! every time i tried to download it
johnmedina999
I am necroposting, but this thread is stickied so I'm not actually necroposting.
Zangston
looking down at your fingers and moving them and realizing you have some much and so little control
johnmedina999
I have a good one.

This thread exists, right? Well, there is no osu version of this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58743
But if there is no osu version of this thread, then there shouldn't be a new version of this thread, right? Wrong: https://new.ppy.sh/forum/t/58743
But there is a new version of this thread, so that means an osu version of the thread must exist, right? Wrong: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58743
But there isn't a osu version of this thread, so that means the new version of the thread shouldn't exist, right? Wrong: https://new.ppy.sh/forum/t/58743

Etcetera.
kai99

awp wrote:

Well, if you bump a thread that doesn't exist in finite space, is it really being bumped?
kai99
blitzfrog can't swim