forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Knight_xxx
7ambda
You just don't have good rhythm sense.
Sandy Hoey
They do follow different parts of the song; however, as you get higher and higher difficulties, they start elaborating on them more, making them more complex
Caradine
three options:
1. there actually is beat
2. there is no beat because the music/beat stopped, you assume that note to have an interval that is the same as other notes in the song. but how many of those intervals exactly you can only approximate, keeping a metronome in your head during this period of time.
3. there is no beat because the music has not enough beats to support the map - in this case you need to know that if notes have, for instance, 0.5 seconds of interval between them, the additional notes can't just be anywhere inbetween those two! they must be perfectly in the middle (0.25 seconds of interval) if the map is 2x faster than the song in this way. your mental metronome should be able to support all of this.

here the upper notes are sounds in the music, and the lower notes are what's in the song. this should be fine
Topic Starter
Knight_xxx
Kyrari
Try opening any ranked super high star map in the editor and see it plays with 25% speed and you'll see that every note has a beat that it connects too.
1Alone

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Try opening any ranked super high star map in the editor and see it plays with 25% speed and you'll see that every note has a beat that it connects too.
HT with auto works too just in case
Topic Starter
Knight_xxx
7ambda

Knight_xxx wrote:

I dont know why you insist on hating on me in every single thread I have so far. This was a general question, not a gameplay problem with me.
you made it sound like a personal problem, so you got annoying response

and i view you all through a black and white lens, so no bias intended
Kyrari

Knight_xxx wrote:

Hmmm odd. Is there a chance that our brain processes it but blocks it from being really obvious as it is on slower maps? Or maybe it's because we're taking so much information and still have to keep our coordination. It's and odd topic, thanks for the reply though.
I would much rather say you're not used to seeing the circles and interpreting the rhythm and proceeding to click them on higher speeds, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC_I2ufqC8 is also an interesting video on how rhythm is mapped in a map though it's REALLY geared for people trying to map so it might be too advanced.

Calling out all maps that's high in star ratings not following the beat is an extreme exaggeration though it's not entirely wrong because overmapping is a thing that happens.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Knight_xxx wrote:

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Hmmm odd. Is there a chance that our brain processes it but blocks it from being really obvious as it is on slower maps? Or maybe it's because we're taking so much information and still have to keep our coordination. It's and odd topic, thanks for the reply though.
You don't listen them because you're bad.
I do listen them but i can't process all of them in time because I'm bad.
Anyone else better than me listen and process them but can't acc because he/she is bad.
Cookiezi fc them using HD+HR but get a x100 because he is bad.
A rank 800.000 play it using relax getting a x30 combo and he/she is good.
^^
Caradine

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You don't listen them because you're bad.
I do listen them but i can't process all of them in time because I'm bad.
Anyone else better than me listen and process them but can't acc because he/she is bad.
Cookiezi fc them using HD+HR but get a x100 because he is bad.
A rank 800.000 play it using relax getting a x30 combo and he/she is good.
^^
:confuzzledificationified:
N0thingSpecial
With how modem mapping works there's a lot of filler rhythm which helps me keep my internal metronome, in some case listening to the music is usually what I do to keep rhythm, there are 1 or two exceptions where the song wasn't made for rhythm game, and it was little bit off in timing in several parts of the song, I just look at the approach circle
Topic Starter
Knight_xxx
MOONBOUND
;
Comfy Slippers
I feel like stuff like this gets less "impressive" and "crazy" (?) as you get better and start to understand more. Before I started playing I'd cream all over from watching rrtyui plays. Now when I see a good play from a top player, i'll go like "nice" and that is it. I would also think it was impossible for me to play 200+ bpm DT songs and hidden seemed out of this world, but here i am

(i know it's nothing much, but it's the best example i have). All-in-all what i'm trying to say is that, partially, it's your subconsciousness that makes it seem that way. There is definitely a rhythm that follows most of these songs.
Sayorie
This is a skill based game. Once you have mastered a skill, like any other skill, you come to a point where you don't even think about it and can do it with eyes closed.
I Give Up

Knight_xxx wrote:

how do we know when to click, press, etc. when there is no beat?
Like off-rhythm notes? Those are quite rare but you will find these notes in unfinished projects or really badly mapped maps. Maybe some old maps.

Knight_xxx wrote:

Higher maps such has 8 stars and up have hundreds of sliders and circles where there is no beat
Example? I don't think I've come across a ranked map with off-beat notes. Sure majority of them are overmapped, but the overmapped notes are in rhythm so you just need follow the sub-beat (1/4, 1/8, 1/3, 1/6, etc.) It's intuitive really.
kai99
there are specific patterns you get used to; these tend to play automatically in your head & move to your hands when you generally see the notes coming. otherwise, approach circles and/or the appearance of circles are there for a reason; for you to time your clicks.

this general pattern i mean is not "oh this pattern is repeated here and there, on this beatmap and that one too", it's just muscle memory and habits mixed together along with the song. it just makes sense once you get it. you'll get there.