show more
Yuzeyun

Kurisuchianu wrote:

no one can pass them
he's gonna SS EVERYTHING IN TEH WORLD
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
UPDATED! Finally!

Much better tablet support in this version (all that's missing now are high-res images)
Some other fixes too...
Kim Jin Seok
score rankingboard problem:

http://yfrog.com/mn2g4ioj

first try, I got a 626,900 points.

and when i got a same score in second try, score duplicated like that photo.

:(
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Hah, that's pretty funny, what's the song name in that screenshot?
Kim Jin Seok

Guy-kun wrote:

Hah, that's pretty funny, what's the song name in that screenshot?
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/29775&m=0
palion
should put irc info in main post
Nyan
Too hard for me ;_;

palinus
epic android version of taiko this is <3
Espionage724
T-Aiko! crashes when I press Play at the main menu. I have 140 beatmaps installed.

Edit: Seems to still crash even with 3 beatmaps installed :/

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000) with Android 2.3.6 with Hyperdroid 1.4.8 ROM installed.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
I'll get round to fixing that Kim, I haven't forgotten.

@Nyan: Yeah, S is pretty hard to get <:

@palinus: Thanks~

@Espionage: Can you 'send error report' and put your username in it so I can take a look when I get the chance?

===

Updated the ranking page~ http://107.22.145.40/
Mr Gaddy
Is there a possibility of T-Aiko being ported to the iOS? D:
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
A chance, yes, but I'd probably not do it since Taiko no Tatsujin is pretty prevalent on iOS, don't want to get any trouble using the same gameplay as it.
palion

Guy-kun wrote:

A chance, yes, but I'd probably not do it since Taiko no Tatsujin is pretty prevalent on iOS, don't want to get any trouble using the same gameplay as it.
region locked though ye?

and license costs way more compared to android, plus gay approval process
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Eeeeh, if you want to play Taiko, it's not hard to play it on iOS.

And the latter isn't really much of a concern, I'm doing some iOS dev already now anyway.
Mr Gaddy
You still could release it just on Cydia :p
But yeah, no more offtop from me :V
Espionage724

Guy-kun wrote:

@Espionage: Can you 'send error report' and put your username in it so I can take a look when I get the chance?
Hmm, how do I go about sending an error report?

Also, it doesn't seem to be beatmap-specific, T-Aiko! crashes as soon as I hit play, even if no beatmap is installed :/ (crashes as in, I press play, then it vanishes. I don't get a FC prompt or anything either)

It did used to work fine in the past when I had 100+ beatmaps installed. This was back either when I was on a stock 2.2 ROM, stock 2.3 ROM, or Overcome 4.1.0 ROM and probably an older version of T-Aiko!.
[deleted user]
Is there an 240x360 resolution version??My samsung galaxy mini cant play because of the resolution...
Locher
Is there a way to change the key-layout yet?
Because i play with DONS and KATS strictly separated.
So i have to learn to play Taiko anew?
Edit: it's not really necessary to know now
Espionage724

Espionage724 wrote:

T-Aiko! crashes when I press Play at the main menu. I have 140 beatmaps installed.

Edit: Seems to still crash even with 3 beatmaps installed :/

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000) with Android 2.3.6 with Hyperdroid 1.4.8 ROM installed.
hmm, something just occurred to me. Does T-Aiko! rely on screen DPI by some chance? My tab uses 240 by default, but a custom ROM I use puts it at 160 (which works fine with everything else).

Edit: Works fine on ICS... so either it doesn't work on GB, or it's some GB/ROM specific issue :/
sheeshadevil
Hey guys, just got my new Galaxy Nexus and the offset is way off! Anyone facing the same problem? It was perfect on the Nexus S.. Any recommended offset? I'm using the native player btw.. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
-Make sure you're using the latest version
-Try a different song (songs with .ogg audio files can't use the native player and are more prone to being off)
-Put your phone in the oven for 30 minutes at 200degrees to properly align the audio timers Don't actually do this
sheeshadevil
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the last option.. Smoke is coming out of the phone.. but somehow it got fixed !! Thanks!!

But seriously.. I am using the latest version.. Offset is set at 130.. which it says is recommended for the Nexus S.. but not working on the GN..

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.. Thanks for all ur efforts..
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Offset should only be 130 for a Nexus S when not using Native player, set your offset to 0.

I know someone with a Galaxy Nexus that doesn't have any timing issues, so I'm guessing it's just the fact that you have any offset set.
sheeshadevil
Tried that.. same issue unfortunately..
sheeshadevil
Ahhh this is annoying. I'm practically addicted to the game..
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Hmmm, odd, I'm not really sure what it could be then, and as you can probably tell there's not much I can do about issues like this.
Have you tried disabling native player and having that offset?
sheeshadevil
Yeah i did, I also tried random offsets with native on and off. Not sure if this is related, but that little blue line that keeps moving along with the song is kinda off place then where it was with the Nexus S (it appears on the same line where the little drums are coming rather than in the gray area under them).
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Oh, right, You're likely confusing the images being in the wrong position at the right time with an offset. I am aware graphics are off on the Galaxy nexus though.
Nothing can be done about it by you I'm afraid, but native player + 0 offset is correct.
I don't have that much time to fix the offset stuff at the moment but hopefully I will get to some time;;
Sorry about that
sheeshadevil
Oh sorry, I thought that's what was meant by offset. Well looking forward to get the updated version whenever it's out there.
Espionage724

Espionage724 wrote:

hmm, something just occurred to me. Does T-Aiko! rely on screen DPI by some chance? My tab uses 240 by default, but a custom ROM I use puts it at 160 (which works fine with everything else).
Just found out it does.

With 120 DPI on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7", I have to have Compatibility Mode enabled + Zoom to fill screen in order for beats to match the hit circle. Otherwise, I have to hit the beats about a cm or so before they even hit the circle :/

With 160 DPI, it's "playable" but beats seem a bit on the small side. Kinda wish compatibility mode would show up here

So if beats seem to be off, I would recommend Enabling Compatibility Mode (from SpareParts) if it's not enabled already, and then manually setting T-Aiko to Zoom to fill screen, instead of Stretch to fill screen.
palion
=[ the woes of android fragmentation
[deleted user]
This is really awesome! I'll be giving T-aiko a try! A big thank you to the developers! :D
Kushiro
I play it sometime. But I have some problem with my android. I think the resolution of the app is different from the perfect one for my android.
Espionage724
Is there any information as to why T-Aiko! crashes on certain ROMs? There was definitely a time where it ran on Gingberbread on my tablet without issue, but one of the updates to T-Aiko! seemed to of broke support.

I don't know if it's even a certain ROM either. Someone with the same tablet as me claims it doesn't work either on the stock, unmodified Gingerbread OS (2.3.3). I'm only able to play T-Aiko! on CM9/icedBOCA/AOKP/AOSP ROM's (all being ICS 4.0.3)

I should also note the device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000 (mine being the USA version from T-Mobile)
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Dor any positioning issues /whatever on screens, sorry, but I don't have that much time at the moment to fix it. I do know of your issues though :c

@Espionage If it's the kind of crash that simply closes the app and doesn't allow sending an error report, this is a Firmware(ROM)-specific bug. The only way this could be solved is by me/someone running the game on such a device that has the issue in debug, since it's a pretty crazy issue.
If it's a force-close, then it's just something unrelated
Espionage724
Hmm, is there anything specific I can do to help out with this error? I have access to Android SDK, i'm rooted, etc
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
No, sorry, (Unless you want to post me your device :3c )
It needs to be done with the source
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
T-Aiko! will be doing a similar test before moving across to Pesets' new server, anyone willing to try out a test build's online features are stable would be welcomed, with warm pats on the head.
Espionage724

Guy-kun wrote:

T-Aiko! will be doing a similar test before moving across to Pesets' new server, anyone willing to try out a test build's online features are stable would be welcomed, with warm pats on the head.
I'll test out anything :D
MDuh
will T-aiko support non authentic settings?

kkdd hand pattern?
show more