Hatsuki Yura - HAMELN [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
wcx19911123
fine now
Sync
[General]
-- You need to cut the mp3. There's roughly 26 seconds unmapped, and seeing that this is not VBR, that's almost 5mb of unused space. To retain the audio's quality, use mp3DirectCut in case you don't already know.

[Sharon's]
02:56:852 (6) - Hate to do it, but the repeat-arrow is hidden. This is my only qualm against this difficulty and as soon as you can fix it I'll rebubble.

[Kanpakyin's Hard]
00:10:006 (5) - Add a hit circle here. Not sure why this isn't a triplet, seeing as it definitely fits and you're using triplets in spots like this anyhow.
01:11:391 (5) - ^
02:02:621 (5) - This slider doesn't fit very well. Make it a 1/2-beat slider and add a beat at 02:03:083 (6).

Looks like that's it. I'd advice against stacking like that in Easy because new players have a hard time playing those. I'd also advise against multiple 1/2 repeats in Normal because they are hard to predict/read. Oh well, just keep that in mind for next time. They're not anything substantial. Anyways, call me back for a recheck whenever you're ready.
Topic Starter
wmfchris
Good catch for the hidden stuff; and those suggestions for [Hard] is fixed. For the mp3 stuffs, I think the ending is worthy to exist so I cut the last ~6 seconds (blanked section)
Sync
Looks good!
Charles445
Agree with Sync about the stacks in the Easy and the repeats in the Normal.

Normal
  1. 02:11:160 (4) - This 1/4 repeat slider doesn't appear to map to any beat. Making it one long slider would be more fitting.
  2. 02:11:737 - This section should be a break like the other difficulties.
  3. 03:12:545 (1,2,3) - This being on 1/3 is EXTREMELY misleading. It looks like it's going to be 1/2 but it's not. You would be better off just replacing the diff's ending with a spinner.
Kanpakyin's Hard
  1. AR +1. This diff is tough, and AR 8 fits it more.
  2. 00:11:045 (1) - Remove circle.
  3. 00:14:852 - This should be able to be heard somewhat. It's too quiet at 5%.
  4. 00:22:237 - Too quiet.
  5. 00:47:852 (7,8) - Instead of doing this, remove the 8 and end the 7 where the 8 used to be.
  6. 01:10:583 (1) - Remove circle.
  7. 02:03:545 (7) - Remove a repeat so players don't slider break too much here.
  8. 02:44:852 - Map this break. It comes so soon after the previous that it's frustrating.

Not sure about this diff, the spacing is all over the place. It also seems harder than Sharon's diff.
Sharon's
  1. 00:40:698 (1,2,3) - Wasn't expecting these so soon after the spinner, and couldn't see them well either. Move them away from the center or do something different here.
  2. 00:58:698 (6) - This could look a little better. Make it more curved
  3. 01:23:621 - Right here is where the massive copy paste becomes obvious. More people will enjoy the map if you make each section particularly different instead of copying and pasting the previous ones. Please consider remapping any large copy pasted sections.
  4. 01:56:391 (1,2,3) - You don't need to change this, but it's something to note. Because of the previous times where there are stacks after spinners, this one is extremely readable even when it's in the center. So you don't need to change it. The first time this happens is what really matters.
  5. 02:43:121 (1) - Shorten this and do the stack thing that you did before at 01:56:391
  6. 02:45:083 - Map this break. It comes so soon after the previous that it's frustrating.
  7. 02:57:775 (3,4,5) - This isn't immediately readable. It's not immediately clear that these sliders are going to be 1/3. Having two single repeat sliders instead will make it very readable.
  8. 03:12:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This 1/3 is barely readable. Use two single repeat sliders (1 2 3 and 4 5 6) to make the beat easier to read.
Topic Starter
wmfchris

Charles445 wrote:

Agree with Sync about the stacks in the Easy and the repeats in the Normal. Fixed a few stacking in easy; removed the hardest multiple-reversing-tick sliders and keeping some sliders with 5 ticks that is easier to read.

Normal
  1. 02:11:160 (4) - This 1/4 repeat slider doesn't appear to map to any beat. Making it one long slider would be more fitting.well yes
  2. 02:11:737 - This section should be a break like the other difficulties. ^
  3. 03:12:545 (1,2,3) - This being on 1/3 is EXTREMELY misleading. It looks like it's going to be 1/2 but it's not. You would be better off just replacing the diff's ending with a spinner.spinner would be too short and it does not goes well with the entire pace, used 1/1 notes instead.
Kanpakyin's Hard
  1. AR +1. This diff is tough, and AR 8 fits it more. well yes
  2. 00:11:045 (1) - Remove circle. the duplet goes well as a pre-phrase pattern but removing it is reasonable too.
  3. 00:14:852 - This should be able to be heard somewhat. It's too quiet at 5%. good catch.
  4. 00:22:237 - Too quiet. ^
  5. 00:47:852 (7,8) - Instead of doing this, remove the 8 and end the 7 where the 8 used to be. reduced 1 tick for (7) corresponding to 02:03.
  6. 01:10:583 (1) - Remove circle. No for this one, it has melodic reference in the music clearly.
  7. 02:03:545 (7) - Remove a repeat so players don't slider break too much here. yes. The same logic has been applied to 0:47
  8. 02:44:852 - Map this break. It comes so soon after the previous that it's frustrating. I fixed insane before I fix hard so refer to the explaination in hard.

Not sure about this diff, the spacing is all over the place. It also seems harder than Sharon's diff.
    Yes the hard is slightly harder than usual, but several testplays from players suggest that this is easier than [Sharon's].
Sharon's
  1. 00:40:698 (1,2,3) - Wasn't expecting these so soon after the spinner, and couldn't see them well either. Move them away from the center or do something different here.=>01:56
  2. 00:58:698 (6) - This could look a little better. Make it more curved I don't see how it be looked better or curved more, anyway tweeked the shape slightly.
  3. 01:23:621 - Right here is where the massive copy paste becomes obvious. More people will enjoy the map if you make each section particularly different instead of copying and pasting the previous ones. Please consider remapping any large copy pasted sections.Saturio is AFK now and I intend to minimize changes without asking her. The 1st and 3rd sentences sound similar and I changed the 2nd one.
  4. 01:56:391 (1,2,3) - You don't need to change this, but it's something to note. Because of the previous times where there are stacks after spinners, this one is extremely readable even when it's in the center. So you don't need to change it. The first time this happens is what really matters.According to your logic if I moved the 0:40 ones this one will be the "first" time happening so it should be removed. Reversely I decided not to change both.
  5. 02:43:121 (1) - Shorten this and do the stack thing that you did before at 01:56:391 the music is slightly different and the wind-like sound in the music indicates a holding until 02:44:852 - so I'll keep this one.
  6. 02:45:083 - Map this break. It comes so soon after the previous that it's frustrating. As explained above, a vocal-solo section comes after the holding effect, and therefore mappers decided not to map that part and highlight the vocal solo.
  7. 02:57:775 (3,4,5) - This isn't immediately readable. It's not immediately clear that these sliders are going to be 1/3. Having two single repeat sliders instead will make it very readable. Agreed here.
  8. 03:12:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This 1/3 is barely readable. Use two single repeat sliders (1 2 3 and 4 5 6) to make the beat easier to read.Agree. Instead I changed the spacing of (8,9,1) so (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is clearly 1/3.
Charles445
lazy formatting go

[Sharon's]

"According to your logic if I moved the 0:40 ones this one will be the "first" time happening so it should be removed. Reversely I decided not to change both."

Think about it like this. The player plays the spinner and sees the objects easily if it's below the center. This will inform them of how the beat is. Now that they know how the beat is, when the spinner comes later they'll expect a stack somewhere and will be actively looking for it. They'll see it in the center (since they are now paying attention) and will play it easily. That's why as long as you show the beat clearly before, they can play it later.

"Agree. Instead I changed the spacing of (8,9,1) so (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is clearly 1/3."

I don't think this worked. The spacing of 03:12:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - looks extremely similar to the stream right before at 03:10:698 (3,4,5). You would be better off with that part being sliders (or if you INSIST on having it circles, make it even more spaced out.)
Topic Starter
wmfchris

Charles445 wrote:

lazy formatting go

[Sharon's]

"According to your logic if I moved the 0:40 ones this one will be the "first" time happening so it should be removed. Reversely I decided not to change both."

Think about it like this. The player plays the spinner and sees the objects easily if it's below the center. This will inform them of how the beat is. Now that they know how the beat is, when the spinner comes later they'll expect a stack somewhere and will be actively looking for it. They'll see it in the center (since they are now paying attention) and will play it easily. That's why as long as you show the beat clearly before, they can play it later.Yes, seems that I misunderstood your "readable", and now I moved both away.

"Agree. Instead I changed the spacing of (8,9,1) so (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is clearly 1/3."

I don't think this worked. The spacing of 03:12:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - looks extremely similar to the stream right before at 03:10:698 (3,4,5). You would be better off with that part being sliders (or if you INSIST on having it circles, make it even more spaced out.)originally it's mapped even further but somehow it's changed...now I spaced it further again.
spboxer3
mod in IRC. (Just some nazi. so don't give me KD.)

Re-bubble
Andrea
[Normal]

01:18:083 (4,5) - Wrong spacing.
01:45:083 (1) - Remove new combo.
01:45:314 (2) - New combo.

[Kanpakyin's Hard]

01:35:160 (5,6) - This is pretty confusing.
03:10:698 (3,4) - Sounds weird.

[Taiko]

I guess you should center the Circle Size and Approach Rate.

[Sharon's]

Please rename it to "Sharon's Insane".

03:12:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This might be confusing, change it to a slider like you did in the other parts.

Fix everything and I'll probably rank this!

EDIT: Ranked~
spboxer3
瞎了神mapper!!!
ertyukjh010
YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYO
kanpakyin
好快有黑票... ball no black.

anyway congrats
Suzully
Finally, congrats! :D
OnosakiHito
congratulation! o/