forum

Dreamcatcher - GOOD NIGHT

posted
Total Posts
show more
riffy

toybot wrote:

[toybot's Sunset]
  1. 00:59:639 (4,1) - i don't want my map to be another one of those that revolve almost entirely on emphasis through spacing, it gets boring at a certain point // yet you don't really justify the spacing in any way, so it looks like you are not using jumps just for the sake of making patterns different, rather than to follow the song.
  2. 02:39:129 (1,2,3) - i changed first two to 3/4 sliders, having the 3rd one be a 3/4 slider would ruin the flow into the next pattern // that does not really sound as a valid reason to me. you are justifying rhythmican inconsistency with visual patterning. And now, when you have already changed two sliders keeping the third one makes it even more inconsistent.
Kyouren
Are you sure about diffname? Just asking (If can give me a rankable reason owo)
Topic Starter
Natsu

KittyAdventure wrote:

Are you sure about diffname? Just asking (If can give me a rankable reason owo)
just read the previous pages
toybot

Bakari wrote:

[toybot's Sunset]
  1. yet you don't really justify the spacing in any way, so it looks like you are not using jumps just for the sake of making patterns different, rather than to follow the song. // the patterns are rather vain - they try their hardest to be different by using eccentric spacing that doesn't seem to follow proper spacing conventions based on the song. but really, i just focus much more on visual patterning than playability, and i don't see how it creates a major problem with the difficulty. it's just inherently different from the start.
  2. that does not really sound as a valid reason to me. you are justifying rhythmican inconsistency with visual patterning. And now, when you have already changed two sliders keeping the third one makes it even more inconsistent. // honestly, the 3/4 sliders are already a compromise. just leave inconsistency to be, since it doesnt have an overall detrimental effect to the playing experience. like, no one's going to go ponder back to this pattern and think "wow, that map was complete shit since it wasnt consistent".
riffy
I just don't really see any point in using something just for the sake of being different, nor do I see any kind of explanation of how your patterns reflect the song. As far as the inconsistency is concerned, I am dead set on having it changed. It is noticeable and it does feel random. I am absolutely against having it bubbled in its current state.

If the patterns stay, I am unable to push the map any further. My apologies.
toybot
then Natsu, delete the diff from the set if you want to use this BN. i'm fine with it.
Topic Starter
Natsu

toybot wrote:

then Natsu, delete the diff from the set if you want to use this BN. i'm fine with it.
mmm I don't think removing a diff is something that should be do, tbh you put time and effort on it, what about discussing it more?

maybe you can explain how the map works, I think bakari mostly wants a deep explain about it and about the last slider maybe you can make it 3/4 too? for consistency and also it wouldn't affect the gameplay that much, (or maybe make the other two kiais 1/2 too).
riffy
I certainly want nothing but a clear and musically-based explanation on why/how the patterning you use works. It should be just a quick discussion.
CXu
Here to receive my free kds.

SPOILER
23:34 CXu: the struggle xd
23:34 Natsu: xD
00:09 CXu: more pp best pp
00:12 Natsu: haha tbh i really hope that chase me situation, don't happen with this too
00:12 *Natsu is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1275831 Dreamcatcher - GOOD NIGHT [Midnight]]
00:13 CXu: 7/10 too much straight line 00:09:742 (1,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - pls fix
00:13 CXu: xddd
00:14 CXu: btw 00:24:435 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - these go like right->left jumps in pairs of 2, maybe do the same for 00:26:884 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and 00:29:333 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ? since now they're more standard circular pattern
00:15 CXu: 00:53:823 (1,2,3) - nice sliderart :D
00:16 Natsu: yeah maybe the first pattern is more comfortable than the squares
00:16 CXu: squares? xD
00:17 CXu: I just think the more flat arrangement fit better with the sound than the circular flow kind of thing xd
00:17 Natsu: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8221918
00:17 Natsu: they are squares BD lvl x2
00:17 CXu: oh
00:17 CXu: didnt even notice LOL
00:18 Natsu: xDDD
00:18 CXu: since the order you play them in it just feels like triangles xD
00:19 Natsu: Yeah
00:19 CXu: 02:29:333 - this section needs soft-hitnormal like idk 19-25 or something
00:19 CXu: xD
00:20 Natsu: oh there are kseysounds xD, but they are too similar to the music, I'll make them louder
00:21 CXu: no
00:21 CXu: I mean I hear the keysounds
00:21 CXu: but because I have custom hitsounds in my skin, I get pingpong sounds in the background LOL
00:21 Natsu: oh lol
00:22 Natsu: ah yeah
00:22 Natsu: I forgot to add the soft-hinormal to thee piano sets
00:22 CXu: looks like a fun map though :D love the writing sliderart and that thing in the middle of kiai. and dreamcatcher is amazing
00:22 CXu: yupp
00:23 CXu: ok gonna go make some food I'm dying xD
00:23 CXu: gl with map ~~
00:23 Natsu: post for free kudo if u want
00:23 Natsu: kk
00:36 CXu: sure why not xD
Topic Starter
Natsu
Toybot made some changes
I added some extra hitsounds, hitnormal-19 to 25
I keeped the square patterns, because that melody repeats a lot and having the same pattern over and over will be bored and I keeped the linear one at the beginning, you know I like that stuff
riffy
It wasn't too much of a change, but that definitely feels a lot better, don't you agree? :)

Bubbled!
Mafumafu
M4M~

[Genera]

What's the stack leniency 2 thingy?

[Midnight]
00:17:395 (2) - Try NC this? Better reading and also sv changes here.
01:17:242 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Personally I think it is a bit boring to place them with same DS. There are some variations on music so it would be great if you could reflect that in your patterns.

[Evening]
00:48:466 (2) - Why not make it the same as 01:42:344 (2,3) - ? It matches the vocal better.
00:52:293 (1,1) - I think larger spacing should be here. 01:46:171 (1,1) - Same.
02:10:354 (2,3) - Consider a blanket here?

[toybot's Sunset]
02:52:293 (1,2) - I think this is really over-emphasized. It's anti-flow and with super large spaced notes.

[Afternoon]
00:49:537 (3) - Ctrl+G?
02:24:129 (2,3) - Seems that they are not perfectly paralleled?

[Daytime]
00:13:109 (4,1) - Hmm i think it is too hard to overlap note with slidertails in this level of difficulty.

[Morning]
00:20:762 (4,5) - Blanket
01:00:864 (6,1) - ^
01:57:037 (6) - It plays a bit weird that a loud "clap" sound is placed on the end of a slider. It should be a circle, for me.
02:17:088 (1,2) - Consider something like this https://puu.sh/wps1D/56ab864d80.png ? So that the placement wont feel imbalanced to one side.
02:33:619 (3) - Rhythm should be like: https://puu.sh/wps5C/f2f0d873a5.png
Topic Starter
Natsu

Regraz wrote:

M4M~

[Genera]

What's the stack leniency 2 thingy? It's just to avoid bad stacks

[Midnight]
01:17:242 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Personally I think it is a bit boring to place them with same DS. There are some variations on music so it would be great if you could reflect that in your patterns. ah I really like this pattern, if posible I want to keep it, since under my logic the pattern is a really nice intro for the next part.

[Daytime]
00:13:109 (4,1) - Hmm i think it is too hard to overlap note with slidertails in this level of difficulty. it's fine for a hard diff, even the combo colors are different, so it shouldn't be hard to read at all

[Morning]
01:57:037 (6) - It plays a bit weird that a loud "clap" sound is placed on the end of a slider. It should be a circle, for me. my rhythm mostly follows the vocals, so mapping the drum would be kinda inconsistent with the rest of the map
toybot
https://0paste.com/13636.txt this should be ok, its not so anti-flow. but i think the spacing emphasis is deserved because these last few beats are strongest in the entire section, so i kinda kept that aspect
Mafumafu
meow meow meow
nyan nyan nyan
Euny
이중잣대보솤ㅋㅋ

축하해이르빙 ^_^
Topic Starter
Natsu
Mafumafu

Euny wrote:

이중잣대보솤ㅋㅋ

축하해이르빙 ^_^