forum

ClariS - Hitorigoto -TV Ver-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
habrian
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
leo16834
哈囉 路過幫你做個NM一下

General

這首歌的offset應該為507 會比較恰當

Easy以及Normal請記得一定要開右下角 distance snap 不然這個一定先會被打回票

看了一下你的譜面,你可能需要的是一些製作譜面的美感,建議從其他人的rank歌曲學一些擺法
或是官方網站的wiki裡面都有教學

Easy難度範圍在1.5星以下,要追加Normal譜面這兩個一定要有,如果你有做到Insane的話
hard 3.92星太難了 一般來說Hard的範圍在2.35~3.75左右

個人覺得需要的一些美感還有一些適當的節奏的擺法
例如Hard的這個拍00:05:569 (4) - 沒有對到節奏或是歌聲 不知道節奏在哪(建議放慢歌曲速度可以加強擺放節奏準度)

個人覺得需要先修好DS的問題,然後還有一些節奏的問題,這個是要一點自己的功夫去學習的

最後是音軌的問題,這首歌的音軌比平常的歌曲還要小聲很多,可以用一些音樂軟體把音軌調整大聲,或是尋找OSU是否已經有人做此譜面找她的音軌檔也可以~

Mapper之路不好走,祝你加油!
(有不懂地方再來問也沒關係XD)
Topic Starter
habrian
好的 謝謝指教 :D
Skeep
Hello!

General:
The mp3 is very quiet and low quality, you should probably find a better one or just ask Doormat if you can use his mp3, I'm sure he won't mind too much.

Because this is your first map, it is completely understandable that it has a lot of problems. Because of this, if you would really like to improve this map I recommend that you redo it from scratch keeping in mind the things that I mention in this mod. This is way better than my first map though!

Main Issues with the Extra Difficulty:

Rhythm

For pretty much the entire map it feels like you are either ignoring the song completely or just mapping random instruments and not really sticking to 1 or 2 of them. What instruments you follow is called the "rhythm" of a map; so for example for this map you would say "the rhythm of this map tends to ignore the song".

An example of when you completely ignore the song would be 00:26:297 (4,5,6) -, there is no sounds on circles 5 or 6. In some cases this could be justified by saying it's "filler rhythm" (which is basically just adding extra circles or sliders in places where there are no sounds to make the map more playable or something), however in this case there is no reason for you to have this. Hopefully you can understand that lol, but basically you're mapping circles 5 and 6 to no sounds at all which basically breaks what mapping is all about, since if we could map circles to anything then there would be no need to even have a song in the first place.

A different way to summarise it would be "you don't need to follow everything in the song, you just need to be at least following one sound in the song, and these aren't following anything."

That covers when you completely ignore the song, but I'll also give an example of when you technically are mapping to sounds in the song, but they're all random instruments so when you play it you probably wouldn't be able to tell what the map is following, consequently making it harder for the player to acc and read the map.

00:30:297 (3,4) - These two sliders are technically mapped to sounds, however the sounds they are mapped to are completely different, even though they are right next to each other. The first slider is following a vocal and the 2nd slider is following an instrument in the background. This is bad because the player will not expect the 2nd slider to be following the instrument it does, because slider 1 was following a completely different sound in the song (which in this case is a vocal).

Imagine if you were doing a running contest and they told you to always run on the path, you then start running on the path but suddenly a sign appears which says you need to follow the grass and hits you right in the face, that's basically what doing this in a map is like. The 1st slider is the path, the 2nd slider is the sign and when it hits you in the face that's you sliderbreaking. I think that example makes sense lmao

Aesthetics

Ok, now that I'm done with rhythm I can explain the next issue I have with the map, aesthetics.

In case you don't know what aesthetics are, to summarise it it's basically how a map looks. You would say a map that looks really nice has "nice aesthetics" and one that doesn't has "bad aesthetics". I have simplified this immensely so that it doesn't confuse you, but I think it's fine to define aesthetics like this just in this case.

For this map the aesthetics are quite simple (like most maps), and mostly consists of two main things: "blankets" and "overlaps".

A blanket is when you use a slider with at least one anchor point (the things you use to make sliders curved) to basically cover a circle, slider or slider end, just like this.

An overlap is when you overlap an object (like a slider or circle) with another object that you have placed previously. An example would be this.

I'm pretty sure you tried to execute some blankets in this map, which is really good! But I think they need some work, and there's a really effective way you can make really nice looking blankets. How you do it is you get the approach circle of whatever you're trying to blanket, and you curve the slider or move the circle so that it covers the approach circle. I'll use this method on the original blanket attempt you had at 00:01:206 (4,1) -. Originally, it looked like this, however moving the circle so that the slider covers it's approach circle, it now looks like this. It looks much better right? If you use this method on all of the blankets on the map, it will look a lot more polished and so the overall aesthetic of the map will improve.

For overlaps it's a lot more simple, you just stack an object on another object (like a circle or sliderend), which makes it look more neat and less cluttered. I think you should try and use a few more overlaps in this map to improve the aesthetics, so if you decide to remap keep that in mind.

There are things to avoid aesthetic wise however, like doing stuff like this, since if you are going to add overlaps and blankets it's best to either overlap this on the sliderend of the previous object, blanket it/make it blanket something, or put it in a completely new place so you keep the aesthetic style consistent, which is what you want so the map doesn't seem like it's objects were randomly placed.

When handling where to place objects, it's best to think about all the things I have mentioned (blankets, overlaps or just placing an object in a new place).

Flow

Now for another issue, flow.

Your flow throughout the map is pretty good, however it can definitely be improved in quite a lot of places, and imo in some places it's as much of an issue as aesthetics and rhythm are.

The two main types of flow you should use in this map are "circular flow" and "zigzag flow" (which is basically just snappy movements like 00:09:206 (1,2) -).

Circular flow is when movements goes around in a circle, so a very simplified and basic example would be something like this. As you can see, when you move your mouse around to hit each circle you end up going in a circle, this is a very comfortable type of movement and should be used the majority of the time.

Zigzag flow is snappy movements like the stuff you do at 00:09:206 (1,2) -. It's good at emphasising intense sounds, just like the sounds at 00:09:206 (1,2) -, so I'd say you have a good use of zig zag flow there!

The main issue I have with flow is when you do stuff like this. The thing here that makes it so uncomfortable is that you're going upwards into the slider in a very snappy movement, and this is a movement that is usually very hard and awkward for the player to control, and then the slider goes down which totally goes against the player's movement to the object. An easy way to fix this is to just turn the slider upwards instead of downwards, because this way it will work with the player's movement instead of against it.

Another problem you have with flow is things like this. Having movement completely change in direction from up to down is really uncomfortable, and also it's way less spaced than all the previous jumps that the player is used to which makes it even more uncomfortable because the player has to put a sudden halt to the movement they are used to. You can break flow like this when emphasising powerful sounds, however this is just a normal sound and there is no need for you to do this.

If you're stuck on how to understand the different aspects of flow, a very simple way to figure out where something would flow well would be to play it yourself - think if you were a player and where you expect the next circle to be. If you can't figure it out just by thinking where it would flow well, you could just place a circle and move it to different places until you find the place where it flows best. However, I would recommend you try and learn about and apply the different types of flow as then you can use flow in some great ways to make your maps even better in the future!

Spacing and Intensity

Another issue I have is with the spacing. Technically, you can space less intense parts as much as you want as long as the kiai (basically the main and most intense part of the song) has noticeably higher spacing, so I'm not talking about this to say that your whole map is too spaced. What I'm saying is that from 00:12:115 - to 00:54:297 - you basically have the same spacing as the main part of the song in a lot of places. Like 00:54:297 (1,2,1,2) - is spaced the exact same as 00:28:842 (1,2,3,4) -, even though 00:54:297 (1,2,1,2) - is noticeably more intense.

This is another reason why I think you need to remap, there's so many occasions where you use different spacing on the same sounds, the same spacing on both intense and less intense parts, etc. Spacing doesn't always need to be absolutely identical, but it can't be noticeably different for the same sounds so that emphasis isn't completely random, and it has to be bigger for more intense sounds to display intensity.

When you are mapping repetitive sections with the same sounds, you should use the distance snap tool to make sure spacing stays the same as it's just much easier than placing it by hand. Like for example the four jumps at 00:41:569 (1,2,1,2) - with a slider inbetween, they are mapped to an extremely similar vocal sound yet 00:42:479 (1,2) - has noticeably less spacing. If you used the distance snap tool, they would both be spaced the same amount and so the intensity would be equal - that is what you want for the same sounds so that they both give the same intensity effect.

There's so many occasions for it that I feel it would actually be easier to remap rather than just to go through and change the spacing of each one, and you probably might need to nerf spacing a little bit when you're doing 00:12:115 - to 00:54:297 - so that your spacing isn't too crazy in the chorus.

There's another thing to do with intensity, which is slider velocity. You don't use a single different slider velocity in your map, it's all the same (which is really not very good intensity wise). You don't need to go crazy and add loads of different slider velocities, since this song is relatively basic and doesn't support that kind of thing, however it will improve your map and display of intensity so much if you use different slider velocities to display different types of intensity.

An example of how you could use slider velocity to display intensity is to use 0.5x slider velocity on slow parts, 0.75x slider velocity on regular parts, and 1.0x slider velocity on intense parts. This will help intensity so much and will most importantly make your map even more interesting! This is definitely something to keep in mind if you decide to remap.

Some Other Smaller Things to Keep in Mind
You can add a kiai which just makes the screen more flashy from 00:54:297 - to 01:28:115 - by adding a timing point by pressing F6 and adding a slider velocity at 00:54:297 -, then going into the "style" tab on the left and ticking "kiai mode".
You should only add a new combo when there's a noticeable change in the song, for example 00:01:933 (1,1) - these don't need to both have NCs because they're both the exact same sound, however 00:02:479 (1,2) - can because the sound is different. You can also NC to mark the start of a new pattern.

I know that this is a large amount of information to take in, and I'm really not very good at explaining things, but if you have any questions about anything I said then please PM me - I would love to help.

Main Issues with the Insane Difficulty:

All the same as the Extra, except rhythm wise you tend to completely miss out sounds and not map anything. 00:12:024 - like here you have a gap even though there's quite a few sounds you could map. I think you might need to remap this too.

Also, it has the same OD as the Extra even though it's lower star, you should probably lower the OD.

Main Issues with the Hard Difficulty:

Same issues as Extra, however even more so because newer players need more predictable maps or else they are more likely to mess up. Try and keep to basic patterns and keep spacing relatively consistent (although that isn't too essential on a Hard). This needs a remap too I think, especially aesthetics wise.

Main Issues with the Easy Difficulty:

This difficulty actually has quite a few less rhythm issues than the rest of the difficulties and rhythm is actually handled quite well, good job! However, the rhythm can still be improved and I don't think it's consistent enough for an easy. Also, you need to use distance snap on Easy, all objects must be equal distance from each other no matter what as it's part of the ranking criteria.

Consistency is very important on Easy difficulties, and I think you need to remap it with consistent spacing, whilst also keeping in mind all the things I mentioned in Extra apart from the parts about spacing and rhythm, whilst also only utilising circular flow. This is because all spacing should be equal on Easy difficulties, the rhythm must be heavily simplified and the flow must be simple and predictable.

Like I said before, I would love to help you if you have any questions. I made this mod hoping that it would improve you at least a little bit as a mapper, and I hope that it did!

Good luck~
Topic Starter
habrian
THX :)
Your advice is really great. It helps me a lot.
Thanks you :D