forum

I think I'm getting left behind... in terms of skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan
So I'm already at the 3k-ish range of pp and I still play 4* maps most of the time, this is because I find it fun when I get consistent in sightread fc'ing 4*-4.6* while trying to do the same with 4.7*-4.9*. The downside to this is that I only had a few 5* fc so far (3 to be exact in terms of raw diff, nvm the DT/NC farms) and I think I have to step up my game to be even better so... should I just ditch 4* and do 5* maps completely or...?
Sayorie
Amount of FCs doesn't really represent skill. If you can sightread 5* then you can play 5*.
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan

Sayorie wrote:

Amount of FCs doesn't really represent skill. If you can sightread 5* then you can play 5*.
By sightread you mean, sightread passing?
Sayorie
Sightread good acc.
ManuelOsuPlayer
N0thingSpecial
If you want to stick around 4* maps play more marathon maps, there are good amount of 4* that gives more pp than your top play atm.
Kyrari
sam e

though it's mostly because I haven't really been pushing myself by mostly playing maps I already can lately, but ohwell I think I'm fine staying here for awhile
Hiro-Senpai
i took a peek at your profile
Your top plays are dt plays. Maybe work on that?
Honestly at your level u should at least try to prioritize 5* maps more
They don't have to be like you know 5.6* but 5.2* would be appropriate
kai99
You could always go through your 4*-5* list and try to fc/pass with high acc, something over 98%+

I can read early 4* perfectly(with the exception of some maps ahem) but I've been doing the "no retry" run because my aim is just horrible lel. My usual routine is to go through 3.8-4.2* maps with high acc. I get 2 or 3 misses, and I hope if I continue this the FCs will come naturally.

Your post seems more concerned at the fact that you're around 3kpp and are still playing 4-4.6* maps, which imo isn't a problem. If you're comfortable there, you can stay there and practice higher level maps little by little and you'll eventually progress.
Fxjlk
It would be good to do a bit of both 5* and 4* as your skill increases. Don't drop 4* entirely as there is still a lot to learn from those maps, I'm still trying to get 99 acc and or HD on some of the harder ones.