forum

Game lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Viitor
Whenever I play Osu! with a mouse you plug in with a USB ( the ones that are wireless) it lags bad. The lag I'm getting is dropped frame rate and I can't play Osu! mode without missing circles because of the stuttering and reduced frame rate. The weird part is though its only when I use my mouse, I can play taiko fine without the lag. It's only when I use my mouse. It might be because I'm playing on a laptop with a mouse or the mouse is the problem. I've been thinking about getting a new mouse to see if that helps in any way. I've done all I can on changing the graphics setting and even turning off some details for gameplay to see if that helps too and it dose nothing. :?:
1Alone
How about trying to go back to stable fallback version? At my laptop the latest stable bugs and lags quite a lot, but it became stable after I reverted it back to the fallback version. And this should be on technical forum something lol
ManuelOsuPlayer

philseyelash wrote:

Whenever I play Osu! with a mouse you plug in with a USB ( the ones that are wireless) it lags bad. The lag I'm getting is dropped frame rate and I can't play Osu! mode without missing circles because of the stuttering and reduced frame rate. The weird part is though its only when I use my mouse, I can play taiko fine without the lag. It's only when I use my mouse. It might be because I'm playing on a laptop with a mouse or the mouse is the problem. I've been thinking about getting a new mouse to see if that helps in any way. I've done all I can on changing the graphics setting and even turning off some details for gameplay to see if that helps too and it dose nothing. :?:
If it's real frame drop try change the Osu version. If you try to say your cursor it's lagged and not the circles on the screen it's mouse fault.

Anyways in way to play osu! standart you should change your wireless mouse. Wireless mouses are the worst to play this game. I tested a lot of good wireless mouses and all of them work bad. Now I'm using a 10$ mouse 50 times better than any wireless tested for me. When i started to play the game i was using a wireless mouse for games and when it broke i buy a chinesse 3$ minimouse and was better than the 50$ wireless mouse xD. I Also use a really old laptop with intel familly graphic card and the game works "well" in the stable version. Use F7 to set the game to unlimited fps while playing maybe that help you.
Topic Starter
Viitor
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm going to try all of these things and hope for the best! I've also discovered that my regular mouse that use with your finger also causes the same lag issues. But I don't think that's a major problem. :D