forum

B1rd's Study Blog

posted
Total Posts
show more
Foxtrot
Johnny.... that's whiskey.
johnmedina999
Eh, I was hoping B1rd would react to his six-month-old picture.
Topic Starter
B1rd
I'd live off that stuff if I could afford it.

I'm drinking Morrison Brewery English Bitter, it's a local beer.
Foxtrot
How bitter is it? From the reviews I've seen, not so much. A little bit fruity, too
Yuudachi-kun
Like se-
DaddyCoolVipper

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Like se-
that doesn't taste bitter, you should know that
Yuudachi-kun
Depends on the guy
Foxtrot

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Depends on the guy
You mean, yours is.
Yuudachi-kun
That hurts
Foxtrot

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

That hurts

Good
Topic Starter
B1rd
The beer is definitely bitter and also quite dry. Though now that I think about it, I think I've been drinking it a bit too cold to get all of the flavours. Anyway, I've started the fast now.
Topic Starter
B1rd
So, I haven't had anything today except for a coffee with cream, I've pretty much spent the entire today in my room looking at food videos on Youtube.
Yuudachi-kun
You could have read something
johnmedina999
You could have studied some more Japanese.
Blitzfrog

johnmedina999 wrote:

You could have studied some more Japanese.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Not when I have low blood glucose and I'm too hungry to concentrate.
Yuudachi-kun
So what's the point of this fast
Topic Starter
B1rd
Well, besides losing some excess weight, it's supposed to have a profound list of health benefits. https://besynchro.com/blogs/blog/the-pr ... -autophagy

I don't think that humans are meant to eat 3+ times a day, 365 days a year; it's probably only very recently that we've had such consistent access to food, so it's good to fast occasionally for good health.

I'm not feeling as hungry today, which is good. By all accounts, once you've used up your body's store of glycogen and start metabolising fat - which takes about 48 hours - it's smooth sailing from there.
Blitzfrog

B1rd wrote:

I don't think that humans are meant to eat 3+ times a day, 365 days a year;
I'm interested in how you came to adopt that view
DJ Enetro
Actually that makes sense, I've been doing atthasila (Eight Precepts of Buddhism) for the past week or so, since last Friday to be exact. One of those is to not eat before noon or after dawn, and it actually makes me feel less bloated imo.

But then again it also depends on how much you eat per meal, and whether you nosh or not. Back on topic pls.
Yuudachi-kun
Better be studying, boy

E: Miksi kestää ikuisuus että joku postaa tälle langalle? Fuck you 24.8.2017
Topic Starter
B1rd
Alright, I've stopped studying for the time being. I was keeping up with all the things I said I'd do, but I lost the motivation and something has has been taking up all my time (just slew a dragon and some enemy champs with the boys on Wurm unlimited), so I couldn't really put forward the energy I needed to progress so it was just wasting my time. I'll pay the money like I said I would, if you've posted in this thread send me a PM if you're interested and I'll divide the money up among you. Hopefully I'll be able to master Japanese some time later.

If you wanted to know how my fast went, I think I fasted for like 5 days, I stopped early because I didn't feel like studying hungry. I'll probably go on another one later down the line.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

I stopped early because I didn't feel like studying hungry. I'll probably go on another one later down the line.
This is what I expected from fasting
Topic Starter
B1rd
Deadline for PMs if you want to $$$ is one week from now. It might take a while before you get the money though.
Rifdi
Talk about being so late XD
Well good luck with your japanese study
I haven't read all the threads, but I gotta ask this

Have you found the best way for you to learn something?
You might be stuck on that.
abraker

Rifdi wrote:

You might want to just read the thread or B1rd might start singing the capatalist manifesto again.
Rifdi

abraker wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

You might want to just read the thread or B1rd might start singing the capatalistic manifesto again.
Hail justin bieber