forum

B1rd's Study Blog

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
B1rd
Finished all the tasks for this week, though I overshot the mark on Sunday by about 20 seconds or so, so I only got 4/5 hours done, so consequently I'll have to pay Khelly $50. Although including the kanji study I did do more than 5 hours. After today, I should have over 148 kanji characters memorised. I don't think that I've completed my general goal of 1 page (8 characters) a day, though I should be close to it and I reckon I'll get all of the 2300 done in less than a year.
DJ Enetro
Don't give up. That's the worst thing you can do
Topic Starter
B1rd
I wasn't planning on it.

Some other things to note, I've decided I might disconnect my internet, so it doesn't distract me and I can save some money, and use some of it to get a gym membership. Also regarding my fortnightly budget of $30 for takeout, I've decided that for every hour of overtime I can increase my budget for $5. That way I might be able to treat myself to a nice restaurant meal for working hard. Finished 2 hours of study today.
kai99
sounds like a plan.
Yuudachi-kun
The internet shouldn't distract you from study - it should be the largest tool of study giving you access to a large variety of Japanese media. (And by media I mean everything/stop thinking just anime people.)
DJ Enetro
TBH tho it can do both, but then again it's all up to you to decide what the internet does to you BC you control your thoughts and actions alone
Yuudachi-kun
I didn't expect to really get money, but b1rd is actually serious. Good luck
Topic Starter
B1rd
Did everything. Did last week too but I didn't write an update.

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I didn't expect to really get money, but b1rd is actually serious. Good luck
Didn't you expect me to do what I said I was going to?
Yuudachi-kun
I did not, but it retroactively paid for the book I ordered.
abraker
Wow still ongoing. Good luck, b1rd!
Rwyta
頑張って。
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

Wow still ongoing. Good luck, b1rd!
DJ Enetro
We support you all the way ;)
Topic Starter
B1rd
Finished. I'm not gonna stop my internet connection or get a gym membership anytime soon. Though I'm going to make a schedule so I can study more consistently, I haven't been making much progress recently. I'm also going on a 10+ water fast starting now, I'll post updates on how that goes.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Update: I'm not gonna go on a fast today, I've realised I've still got quite a bit of food in the fridge that I don't want to waste.
Blitzfrog
So what are you studying atm?? I'm confused
Foxtrot

B1rd wrote:

Update: I'm not gonna go on a fast today, I've realised I've still got quite a bit of food in the fridge that I don't want to waste.
what did you cook then? I'm interested in that
Yuudachi-kun
Eat food
Topic Starter
B1rd

Foxtrot wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Beer.
Foxtrot

B1rd wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

Beer.

Okay then. What kind of beer?
johnmedina999
Most likely this.

Foxtrot
Johnny.... that's whiskey.
johnmedina999
Eh, I was hoping B1rd would react to his six-month-old picture.
Topic Starter
B1rd
I'd live off that stuff if I could afford it.

I'm drinking Morrison Brewery English Bitter, it's a local beer.
Foxtrot
How bitter is it? From the reviews I've seen, not so much. A little bit fruity, too
Yuudachi-kun
Like se-
DaddyCoolVipper

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Like se-
that doesn't taste bitter, you should know that
Yuudachi-kun
Depends on the guy
Foxtrot

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Depends on the guy
You mean, yours is.
Yuudachi-kun
That hurts
Foxtrot

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

That hurts

Good
Topic Starter
B1rd
The beer is definitely bitter and also quite dry. Though now that I think about it, I think I've been drinking it a bit too cold to get all of the flavours. Anyway, I've started the fast now.
Topic Starter
B1rd
So, I haven't had anything today except for a coffee with cream, I've pretty much spent the entire today in my room looking at food videos on Youtube.
Yuudachi-kun
You could have read something
johnmedina999
You could have studied some more Japanese.
Blitzfrog

johnmedina999 wrote:

You could have studied some more Japanese.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Not when I have low blood glucose and I'm too hungry to concentrate.
Yuudachi-kun
So what's the point of this fast
Topic Starter
B1rd
Well, besides losing some excess weight, it's supposed to have a profound list of health benefits. https://besynchro.com/blogs/blog/the-pr ... -autophagy

I don't think that humans are meant to eat 3+ times a day, 365 days a year; it's probably only very recently that we've had such consistent access to food, so it's good to fast occasionally for good health.

I'm not feeling as hungry today, which is good. By all accounts, once you've used up your body's store of glycogen and start metabolising fat - which takes about 48 hours - it's smooth sailing from there.
Blitzfrog

B1rd wrote:

I don't think that humans are meant to eat 3+ times a day, 365 days a year;
I'm interested in how you came to adopt that view
show more