forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wilven
Lacrimosa
Hold shift while launching osu!. A window called "osu! configuration" should pop up, and from there enable Compatibility Mode.

Also, make sure your graphic card's drivers are up to date. See here.
Topic Starter
Wilven
Lacrimosa
Go to your osu! folder and open the "osu!.yourusername.cfg" file with the notepad.

From there, change the value of the CompatibilityContext to 1. (e.g. CompatibilityContext = 1)
Topic Starter
Wilven
Dntm8kmeeatu
Sadly that Chipset doesn't support the needed OpenGL version for new builds.

If Compatibility mode and upgrading your drivers doesn't do anything, there isn't anything you can do. (aside from getting a better computer.)
TheBoltMaster
So, today i logged onto osu like normal and i noticed that osu was freezing up a lot(especially on the select screen) and it's nearly unplayable, and I tried updating osu but it was up to date.So i went to the osu forums to see how to fix this and guess what, someone suggested to update my drivers, so i did exactly that! Then after i had my graphics drivers update, i tried launching osu, it was updating, but it took 5 minutes or longer! So i sensed something suspicious, once osu opened, i noticed that first ii had to login again without logging out before hand(never a good sign) and when i logged in, instead of neko dex - click the circles playing, "welcome to osu" played and the background was NOT ANIME! I went into my map select and all the maps were not yet calculated, took 5 minutes to calculate all 900 maps! And when it did and i went into the 3 star tab, and i noticed that there werthe 2 star maps IN THE 3 STAR CATEGORY! So i was like "dafuq?" So i checked the settings and apparently it revered back to stable fall back. I went to the osu forums, they suggested driver updates, UPDATING MY DRIVERS IS WHAT CAUSED THIS PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, suggested installing network framework 4.0, already installed ages ago, suggested a good enough pc to run osu, already have a laptop good enough to run most indie games at 60 fps and this laptop used to play osu in the latest version(the latest 2017 version mind you) in the stable latest version! So i really need a fix for this cause the main reason i updated my drivers was to get rid of lag, but instead it made my osu to revert to stable fall back and reduced my game's performance! So pls help :|
Dntm8kmeeatu

TheBoltMaster wrote:

So, today i logged onto osu like normal and i noticed that osu was freezing up a lot(especially on the select screen) and it's nearly unplayable, and I tried updating osu but it was up to date.So i went to the osu forums to see how to fix this and guess what, someone suggested to update my drivers, so i did exactly that! Then after i had my graphics drivers update, i tried launching osu, it was updating, but it took 5 minutes or longer! So i sensed something suspicious, once osu opened, i noticed that first ii had to login again without logging out before hand(never a good sign) and when i logged in, instead of neko dex - click the circles playing, "welcome to osu" played and the background was NOT ANIME! I went into my map select and all the maps were not yet calculated, took 5 minutes to calculate all 900 maps! And when it did and i went into the 3 star tab, and i noticed that there werthe 2 star maps IN THE 3 STAR CATEGORY! So i was like "dafuq?" So i checked the settings and apparently it revered back to stable fall back. I went to the osu forums, they suggested driver updates, UPDATING MY DRIVERS IS WHAT CAUSED THIS PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, suggested installing network framework 4.0, already installed ages ago, suggested a good enough pc to run osu, already have a laptop good enough to run most indie games at 60 fps and this laptop used to play osu in the latest version(the latest 2017 version mind you) in the stable latest version! So i really need a fix for this cause the main reason i updated my drivers was to get rid of lag, but instead it made my osu to revert to stable fall back and reduced my game's performance! So pls help :|

Please make a new thread. And maybe add some breaks in the text, maybe paragraph, something. It's extremely difficult to read and understand currently.
TheBoltMaster
Nvm i'm pretty sure i fixed the problem by simply restarting my laptop, cause i didn't restart when i updated my drivers! Thx anyway