Humble Indie Bundles Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046
Bought it straight away.
awp
yeah the newest one is way better than any of the others

I bought it at work, thinking I could gift the Super Meat Boy to a friend for Christmas, but I can't - well, via Steam I can't. I can still give out the DRM-free downloadable version. Hopefully that's the exact same game, give or take a couple playable characters.
foulcoon
bought this, mainly because i was really wanting to get cave story+ and super meat boy and all the other games seemed cool
awp
I bought it primarily for Shank, but also kind of wanted Cave Story + since I have yet to pay for the game and I adore it so
foulcoon
They just added some HIB3 games to HIB4, so if you already bought it you can download:

VVVVVV
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
Any Yet It Moves
Hammerfight
awp
I have all those games because of HIB 3

so I'm guessing I have all those games to give away
Loginer
This has been a good week for mobile gaming. First the Steam client, and now this.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Most of the games this time around were already out. I only got this one for my dad's android so he had some cheap new games to play.

Overall, meh.
Mashley
Also of note atm are
Indie Gala 2 http://www.indiegala.com/ right now containing Bunch of Heroes, Critical Mass, Fortix 2, Greed Corp and Roboblitz.
Be Mine Bundle http://groupees.com/bemine starting in 10 days containing Wasteland Angel, Sideway New York, Xotix, BEEP and The Ball.
Indie Royale's valentines bundle starting in around a week, containing... stuff.
heintsi
Thanks for telling about those other bundles. Wasn't really interested about newest humble bundle so i'm skipping it. Gotta say indie royale's bundles never had anything interesting either so yeah, could as well call them stuff. Indie gala bundle's Bunch of heroes interests a bit, but already bought fortix 2 off steam sale so not getting it either. subscribed to all of them though~
Mashley
HiB 5 is out and it is aaaaawesome. I already have most of the games so I don't know if I'll get it myself, but I recommend it highly. Make sure you BTA so you can grab Bastion.
awp
who doesn't already have Bastion though?
Gaba

awp wrote:

who doesn't already have Bastion though?
I sadly don't :/
awp
now's a good time, then!
Xgor
Grabbin' this for Psychonauts alone. Has Bastion already and I'm not that intrested in the rest. but heeey. bundles are always awesome.
Azure_Kite
I don't have it, nor do I have money at the moment :<

I feel like a bastard gamer because I haven't even played Psychonauts yet.
rust45
I rented Psychonauts from Gamefly quite a while ago but I never finished it. This will be a good chance to actually play it. Also, Bastion and Amnesia have me pretty excited.
Mashley
Okay I put in £5 for it... I did already have 3 of them but I was previously interested in the other 2 and I love these, so wheee :P
0_o
Aww, I was specifically waiting for Limbo to be in a bundle, but I already own Bastion & Psychonauts and I'm not interested in the other two :(
Mashley
Limbo sucks, you're not missing out.
Pokebis
The final level is the final level from VVVVVVVV.

And the ending sucks. It could have been cool, but it was stupid.

Ending synopses:
SPOILER
You fall through some glass and then just hit the ground and get up like you did in the beginning of the game. If you try going back the world you were in is gone. The area is nearly the same as when you started the game, but instead of starting the game over (like the ending should have done) you just walk right and see some girl by a treehouse notice you. The game then rolls the credits accompanied by an amazing soundtrack of nothing and then cuts back to the title screen where you see the same treehouse except the ladder and rope are old/broken and you see flies hovering above two spots suspiciously similar to the spots you and the girl were in at the end of the game.
The popular theory is that the girl is your sister and that was your treehouse. You fell off of the ladder on the treehouse or something and broke your necks. The boy feels guilty for this so he goes through Limbo or something. The theory is retarded, but it's probably less retarded than the actual intent of the game.

Once you get over the semi-impressive animations (that would only work with this monochromatic style) you have a two hour, poorly drawn art exhibit. It's easy until the last quarter of the game and then the puzzles are slightly more difficult because there aren't good hints at what you're actually supposed to be doing and you'll run around like an idiot for 10 minutes at a time until you figure out some stupid way something is supposed to work.

It's a very overrated game, but it isn't completely terrible.
xerxes_oli
Oh man! I bought it really early and paid 10 bucks hoping that would add in cavestory+ later but instead they just added braid and others i already own :( oh wells its for good cause
Mashley
Now you get Braid, SMB and Lone Survivor too. That brought this up from awesome to best fuckin thing EVER.
Jarby

Mashley wrote:

Now you get Braid, SMB and Lone Survivor too. That brought this up from awesome to best fuckin thing EVER.
Grr, that made me change my initial $1 purchase to $10. Sneaky!
Nharox

Mashley wrote:

Limbo does NOT suck.
Mashley

Nharox wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Limbo does NOT suck.
Wrong, it was the most tedious game I'd played in a long time. The artistic side of it was forced and meaningless, the controls were awful, and for the most part the puzzles were uninspired.
NoHitter
Humble Bundle 6:
Torchlight
Shatter
Rochar
Vessel
Space Pirates and Zombies
Dustforce if you buy over the average.

Never expected Torchlight to be included.
Ephemeral
shatter is fuckin awesome.

so is dustforce.

this is the best bundle by far.
awp
Dustforce looks pretty rad
Xgor
I brought dustforce before this bundle but I really don't like it... It's looks cool but it's difficulity curve is pretty damn poor and the way the game is made makes it more fun to watch than to acually play.

I also had Rochard and that game is awesome.

Still brought it for torchligt, but ended up just playing shatter :P
NoHitter
bump

Oh god, the Humble Jumbo Bundle:
Natural Selection 2
Sanctum 2
Magicka + DLCs

If you pay above the average:
Orcs Must Die 2
Garry's Mod
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Stefan
Worthful bump. *thumbs up*

Thinking about to buy it.. however I only buy bundles to say "uguu more Games which will never been played" -> logic at buying Humble Bundles.
thelewa
yay a bunch of co-op games and I don't have friends to play them with
boat
Only decent game in the bundle would be natural selection and even that is quite crappy and repetitive.

I miss the old indie bundles. Machinarium still goty all years.
NoHitter
Magicka is pretty fun IMO, but that game was released ages ago though.
xAssassin
i probably buy humble bundle only for Magicka :D
Trash Boat
Humble Indie Bundle 13 is out, and Teleglitch is FREE for the moment!