forum

Custom Fps limiter [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shael_old
A new feature that would allow us to set the fps limiter to x amount, where x amount is chosen by ourself
adam2046
ziin
Or just a detailed guide on how to run osu! at 60/120 fps with no cursor lag on any video card.

The previous topic was essentially solved by 120 fps.
Soaprman
Yeah, 120 works great for me. Are 60 and 120 both inadequate? If so, why?
ziin
My mouse does not respond as quickly with 60 or 120 fps compared to 500 fps. I would prefer something like 200 or 240 so that my graphics card doesn't need to work as hard, but obviously it's not a simple matter to set a maximum framerate.

It is a slight, but noticeable difference. Often times I'll be playing, and think my mousepad needs cleaning when in fact I accidentally pushed f7.

I have disabled prerendering of frames according to what I found online, but I have no idea if that has solved anything or if there is any way to test whether or not I have successfully disabled it.

I assume that I didn't actually disable it, because I notice no change.
Sakura
1) take this discussion to the other topic.
2) frameate is reverse proportional (is that how it's said in english?) to input delay
Waryas
i feel like everything is slower than usual if i play 120fps instead of unlimited, and yes it makes a difference for me being mostly a reaction based player.
Topic Starter
Shael_old
i want it cuz i wanna try out 500 fps and so on, unlimited gives me 4k fps, which makes my gfx card strange noise...
mm201
Personally I'd rather focus on getting frame lag down to 0 so vsync will play acceptably.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

mm201 wrote:

Personally I'd rather focus on getting frame lag down to 0 so vsync will play acceptably.
or that...
James2250
Seeing as viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13031 is bumped now the conversation might as well be continued there if anything new needs to be said

Denying this as a duplicate