forum

[Archived] Extremely low FPS since Windows 10 Creator Update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HySone
Normally i get ~600FPS In-Game, which is fairly enough for me, but since I dowloaded the new Windows Update, my framerate would stutter and go from 200FPS to 500FPS and back down every few seconds, which made it unplayable. Then I downloaded the newest AMD Driver and it got worse: my framerate wouldn't get the 90FPS (~10ms delay), which isn't playable either.
Can anybody help me resolve that problem? It really makes me mad...
BTW im using the Latest osu! version. I tried to play on the Fallback version, and it got better (~200FPS), but still not enough.
Megumj
Maybe it was yout internet. Or maybe was there too much programs turned on on your PC. It can be much things. Maybe try to search on YouTube or Google
Nitrous
Creators Update might have re-enabled stuff that you disabled. Also new features take note of it. Just disable them.
Abaca
I had the exact same issue, but I just fixed it. The problem came from my graphics card (a nVidia one), which wasn't used anymore to run Osu!. Just right clic on Osu!, select "run with graphics processor..." (or any equivalent, my Windows is in french, sorry about that), and modify the default GPU to use with Osu!. Hope this will be helpful.
DaveDOX
I'm having the same issue as well. Using an AMD card (R9 280x) getting constant FPS drops since the Creators Update. Have tried disabling Game Mode/DVR, Disabling full-screen optimizations, etc. Still no fix.
Lacrimosa
Have you tried restarting your computer? FPS drops after an update is a known issue and it usually gets fixed by a simple restart.