forum

New mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
im1hpu0
hello guys, I need some suggestion on which mouse I can buy for osu. only 1 problem. Can't spend more than 30/50€ :C.
Actually im using the CMSTORM kit mouse and its quite bad. it makes everything difficult for me.
Thank in advance
Realmas
I have a Roccat Lua, I got it for ~30€, and it's pretty comfortable for osu!, not heavy at all and simple to use.
Sayorie
What do you prefer? Heavy or light?
Do you have big hands or small hands?
Do you use claw grip, palm grip, or finger grip?

Give more details or answer these questions above and we can provide you with suggestions.
Topic Starter
im1hpu0
I prefer a light one, with claw grip, and my hands are normal i think. neither big or small.
1Alone

im1hpu0 wrote:

I prefer a light one, with claw grip, and my hands are normal i think. neither big or small.
I suggest you go for the Steelseries Rival 100, got a nice sensor in it (Just use no more than 500dpi on it and the sensor will be flawless), kind of light (120g) and optimized for finger/claw grip (I use claw also). Just bought it 2 days ago, and my complaint is that the mouse button might be a little hard to press the first time you use it, but you'll get used to it eventually (I got used to it in 2 days lol), also prevents me from misclicking frequently. Other than that, it's a fine mouse. Could get it for around 30-45$.
Topic Starter
im1hpu0

1Alone wrote:

im1hpu0 wrote:

I suggest you go for the Steelseries Rival 100, got a nice sensor in it (Just use no more than 500dpi on it and the sensor will be flawless), kind of light (120g) and optimized for finger/claw grip (I use claw also). Just bought it 2 days ago, and my complaint is that the mouse button might be a little hard to press the first time you use it, but you'll get used to it eventually (I got used to it in 2 days lol), also prevents me from misclicking frequently. Other than that, it's a fine mouse. Could get it for around 30-45$.
I saw several mice, and i'll give a go to this one. It seems really nice, and i like also the design. thanks for the suggestion :3
1Alone

im1hpu0 wrote:

I saw several mice, and i'll give a go to this one. It seems really nice, and i like also the design. thanks for the suggestion :3
Just make sure to get the matte version (the black one). I got the glossy one (white, red anything colored basically) and I have to clean it like everytime I finished playing because it got some kind of dirt there as a result of your hand clicking on its button body and please use no more than 500dpi when gaming. The sensor is kind of outdated. Optimize osu sensitivity instead. Glad to help!
Topic Starter
im1hpu0

1Alone wrote:

im1hpu0 wrote:

Just make sure to get the matte version (the black one). I got the glossy one (white, red anything colored basically) and I have to clean it like everytime I finished playing because it got some kind of dirt there as a result of your hand clicking on its button body and please use no more than 500dpi when gaming. The sensor is kind of outdated. Optimize osu sensitivity instead. Glad to help!
Thanks for the another advice <3 you were very kind. Just a thing, can i use AT LEAST 800 DPI? If not I will use 500 then
Sayorie
If that sensor is outdated then most probably it would be affected by DPI steps too. Run it at multiples of 400 DPI, I suggest.
7ambda

im1hpu0 wrote:

Thanks for the another advice <3 you were very kind. Just a thing, can i use AT LEAST 800 DPI? If not I will use 500 then
Dpi is preference. I for example like 1k.
TakuMii

Sayorie wrote:

If that sensor is outdated then most probably it would be affected by DPI steps too. Run it at multiples of 400 DPI, I suggest.
The Rival 100 uses an Avago 3059, a sensor that only has steps of 500dpi and suffers from jitter at anything higher (yes, even at 1000dpi). Honestly, that does not sound like a good choice, especially considering that there are plenty of other cheap and good mice out there.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good lightweight mouse, look into something like the Nixeus Revel, Zalman ZM-M600R/Skydigital NMouse4K, Logitech G203 Prodigy, or maybe even a Logitech G100s. Two of the mice I mentioned are quite outdated, but every one of them would easily outperform the Rival 100. I'm sure others can provide with other affordable mice with good sensors, but it's worth at least checking those out and seeing if any of them suits your fancy.
(oh, and yes, most good 'outdated' sensors perform best at 400 or 800 dpi. Newer sensors are more flexible)
Sayorie
Oh, nice info. I'm planning to buy a new mouse too, anyway, so thanks.
Topic Starter
im1hpu0
Thanks all of you for the suggestion, I think now I know which mouse to buy. Thank you again
1Alone

TakuMii wrote:

Sayorie wrote:

The Rival 100 uses an Avago 3059, a sensor that only has steps of 500dpi and suffers from jitter at anything higher (yes, even at 1000dpi). Honestly, that does not sound like a good choice, especially considering that there are plenty of other cheap and good mice out there.

Honestly, if you're looking for a good lightweight mouse, look into something like the Nixeus Revel, Zalman ZM-M600R/Skydigital NMouse4K, Logitech G203 Prodigy, or maybe even a Logitech G100s. Two of the mice I mentioned are quite outdated, but every one of them would easily outperform the Rival 100. I'm sure others can provide with other affordable mice with good sensors, but it's worth at least checking those out and seeing if any of them suits your fancy.
(oh, and yes, most good 'outdated' sensors perform best at 400 or 800 dpi. Newer sensors are more flexible)
Yeah this one's right here probably right lol. I'm just biased with steelseries. The steps are only available by 250,500,1000,1250,1500,2000,4000 but you can just do the math on the dpi you're using. If you wanted 800dpi while using 500dpi on the mouse just turn off all accel + raw input in osu and then use x1.6 sens in osu. 500x1.6 = 800 so you pretty much get the same result anyway. For instance I'm currently on 500x1.28 = 640dpi. In case you wanted to bring your old sensitivity settings (you're dpi, in game sens etc.) in fps games there's bunch of sensitivity calculator available online. But I suggested the rival because it really fits well with claw, finger or a claw/finger hybrid grip type (by well I meant super well). Logitech also is a nice choice and cheaper in fact. But you know, anything that pro's are using is what I'm going to use to (Virtus.Polar team from CS GO personally uses the Rival100 until now) and trust me, I'm super biased with steelseries as they sponsored my favorite team in the esport industries (NAVI :D :D )