forum

Are osu keypads worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
albertsune
atm I have a logitech g910, with romer-g switches. From the very little info around them and osu, I've gathered that they aren't that good. for osu at least. (Not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong)

Then a little while ago I found the osu keypads. since my keyboard is not good for osu, I'm considering buying one (probably not the official but Thnikk's version since they're cheaper and the official are out of stock).
but... would it be worth it? My keyboard may not be perfect, but it's certainly better than a laptop keyboard. I have little to no experience with other types of mechanical keys than the one in my g910, so I have no idea what benefits I would get. Are there any performance benefits, or is it only for comfort?

I know the type of switch is a personal preference, but I'll ask anyways: what do you use? And what are your opinions of different types? Gateron or cherry-mx?
Braixen-Desu
I personally don't have one, but I've heard that the osu keypads have a a bit of input lag, so keyboards might be better.
Also, just get a Genius mechanical keyboard, it's what I have and it's relatively cheap.
Topic Starter
albertsune
You sure it's not the official ones with input lag? Thnikk specifies his as "1ms response time", so there shouldn't be any problems there.
Also i don't really wanna buy another full sized keyboard just to play osu. If I'd get a new one anyways, yes, but in my case I only need the two keys to play osu, wich led me to think a keypad would be perfect.
Fleimi
Dunno, I just received my keypad from Thnikk today. I seem to hit later than usual with it so it seems it has more delay than my keyboard. I think I'm gonna use it for macros and just keep playing with my keyboard.
TakuMii
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Romer-G switches for osu besides how they feel (in fact, they're among the most responsive switches on the market). Unless you really dislike how your keyboard feels, there aren't any real benefits to gain from switching to another keyboard (unless, of course, you discover a switch that you'd personally like more).
raiguard
I have the official osu!nono keypad, and it's perfect. It looks sleek, is highly configurable, and has little to no input lag. I highly recommend it.
N0thingSpecial
In terms of value for money NO, if I have enough desk space and a proper PC set up I would pretty much no doubt get a proper keyboard.

Since I don't have both I just bought the keypad which is still nice but I don't think it's worth the price.