forum

I'm forced to play with mouse but I suck

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Haze-
Since I fucked up my tablet's pen, I can't play with it anymore.

It has these two stupid issues that I can't fix so I'm forced to play with mouse now.

However, I've been using tablet for over a year and transfering that skill to mouse is very difficult.

It would take me another whole year to get good at it, which means I'll lose a shitload of ranks.

Does anyone know a good way I can get my aim with mouse good in a fast way?

Like, a few weeks or even a month is just fine.

I mean, I had an aim capable to FC a 7* map with RX but now I can't even FC a 2* map without like 50 retries

Please, no matter what way, even if I have to cut my fingers off but PLEASE!

I NEED TO LEARN TO IMRPOVE MY MOUSE AIM!
I Give Up
Other than being blessed with ancient korean genes? No.

Play more.
N0thingSpecial
There's really no faster way, just play more

I mean it's not that hard since you've already develop some form of rhythm sense, only your aim didn't translate when switching to using mouse. It took me less than 6 months to get to your rank.
KupcaH
play more
Nattsun
Uh, change your DPI and find a dpi that comes close to your tablet area. I can pick up my tablet and play 4* maps casually (worse than with mouse ofc), but it's quite easy if you have a similar area.

PS: I can lower my DPI and still FC stuff, maybe I'm blessed :^)
delight aura
try to get a very comfortable grip and experiment different sensitivities
this helped me so far
kai99

I Give Up wrote:

Other than being blessed with ancient korean genes? No
lellell tru tru i approve

I personally think a good mousepad helps. Otherwise play more; always think about the fact that you need to improve, but don't be anxious to start slow at a low level. Loss of ranks are anticipated when switching to a new peripheral. Play around with settings until you feel comfortable.

Good luck!
Sayorie
Started with tablet but I'm comfy with mouse playing maps up to 5.00* (idk maybe because I'm playing with 250 DPI)

you know, playing with mouse helped me with catching Earth Spirit's elusive statue and other MOBA stuff
maybe that's an upside to learning how to mouse for you, OP
Fxjlk
Only thing that will change is aim, your reading and rhythm sense remains the same so swapping to mouse isn't that bad (unless its a crap mouse)
Kondou-Shinichi
as long as it isnt a real cute mouse itll be the same

if it is then youre killing animals
1Alone
Try lowering your dpi until you get your playing area closest to the area you're playing with the tablet, and also remember to disable the acceleration thingy while using the mouse (Windows sens 6/11, no enhance precision and raw input in game setting (raw input not necessary tho)) and

delight aura wrote:

try to get a very comfortable grip and experiment different sensitivities
this helped me so far
^ Most people find palm grip to be their most comfortable ones, but I personally prefer claw/finger hybrid

If you have a crap mouse then you just gotta live with it until you fixed you're tablet lol, crap mouse can't catch fast jump movements well. So I would suggest you use high dpi if you're on a 5$ mouse (I played with super low dpi (640) on a 5$ mouse for about 2 months and trust me, it sucks.)

And play more is a must :D
Topic Starter
-Haze-
I see that alot of people tell me to get a good DPI.
However, the trial for my mouse's software has run out so I can't use it.
I'm sure I can change DPI through there but if I can't use the software then I dunno if there's any other way that would work.
I have a Bloody A90, it's very pretty and good for FPS games but not sure if it's any good for osu! though.
1Alone

Hazecrafter wrote:

I see that alot of people tell me to get a good DPI.
However, the trial for my mouse's software has run out so I can't use it.
I'm sure I can change DPI through there but if I can't use the software then I dunno if there's any other way that would work.
I have a Bloody A90, it's very pretty and good for FPS games but not sure if it's any good for osu! though.
Lol that's funny that they provide you with a trial version of a software despite you buying their products, try finding cracked version perhaps? It seems quite decent for osu to be exact, but the weight would slow my hand down and the height is a little bit high IMO (I'm a claw grip user by the way). You can just toy around with the sensitivity inside osu setting if you can't change your dpi from mouse directly. If you're on 1000dpi, a x0.5 Sens will give you 500dpi movements, just multiply the sens with your current dpi and ensure raw input is on, and ensure you're mouse is on 1000hz rate, because more reading = more accurate :D