forum

Beatmap Size Too Big [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl
When I tried to submit my first ever beatmap today, it said that the file size was too big! And I have no clue how to make it a smaller size. And even though it said it wouldn't submit, it is still available for download. Can someone please help me with this, as I really want my first beatmap to be submitted properly.
ziin
If you have a video, you need to re-encode it to a smaller size.
If you have an mp3 which is 192 kbps or greater, you need to re-encode it to be between 128 and 192 kbps.
If you have a whole bunch of images, you need to scale them down. 1024x768 is the maximum background size, and 800x600 is the maximum size of storyboarded elements. If they are full screen things, and not things that use transparency, then using a high quality jpg with subsampling disabled and 95% quality will result in a nearly identical image.

The maximum size of beatmaps should be 10 MB, 20 MB if you have a video. Exceptions exist, but are few and far between.
Waryas
if your audio is greater than 192kbps don't transcode it again to 192kbps this is the reason we have shit quality mp3.
Encode it directly from a lossless audio to 192kbps. Thanks.
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

ziin wrote:

If you have a video, you need to re-encode it to a smaller size.
If you have an mp3 which is 192 kbps or greater, you need to re-encode it to be between 128 and 192 kbps.
If you have a whole bunch of images, you need to scale them down. 1024x768 is the maximum background size, and 800x600 is the maximum size of storyboarded elements. If they are full screen things, and not things that use transparency, then using a high quality jpg with subsampling disabled and 95% quality will result in a nearly identical image.

The maximum size of beatmaps should be 10 MB, 20 MB if you have a video. Exceptions exist, but are few and far between.
How would I re-encode the video? I tried to find something to do it with earlier, and nothing I tried works.
ziin

JesusYamato wrote:

if your audio is greater than 192kbps don't transcode it again to 192kbps this is the reason we have shit quality mp3.
Encode it directly from a lossless audio to 192kbps. Thanks.
while this is normally true and is good practice, you don't get shit quality from just one downsample. It's mainly upsampling and/or resampling 3+ times where there is a noticeable degradation.

DarkEmerl123 wrote:

How would I re-encode the video? I tried to find something to do it with earlier, and nothing I tried works.
follow this
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

ziin wrote:

follow this
Okay, thanks!