forum

What star map should I be playing for my rank?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jacster4
I've seen a couple posts but none of them really gave a straight up answer to what rank you should be for how what maps you can finish and what maps you can FC.

I play around the 5-6 star area and have FCed a couple 5 stars and choked 3-4 5star FCs right at the end lol. I'm rank ~69,000. The highest star map I've been able to complete is Can't Defeat Airman which is 7.03stars but I got a depressingly bad score and acc of 79% to get me a C.
N0thingSpecial
Just keep doing those 4*and maybe a little 5*

Improve your acc while you're at it
-Jash
Being about the same level as you, I think you're on the right path. I'm playing some 4* maps but i'm focusing on FCing 5*-5.3* maps as i'd get closer to my top score. I've started to play some more 6* for fun and I can pass the occasional 7*, like airman and overtime.

You should try to FC maps between 4.7* and 5.3* to get 'sum gud pp' but don't hesitate to play some harder maps on occasion between 6* and 7* but don't try to FC anything like freedom dive.
Topic Starter
Jacster4

-Jash wrote:

Being about the same level as you, I think you're on the right path. I'm playing some 4* maps but i'm focusing on FCing 5*-5.3* maps as i'd get closer to my top score. I've started to play some more 6* for fun and I can pass the occasional 7*, like airman and overtime.
You should try to FC maps between 4.7* and 5.3* to get 'sum gud pp' but don't hesitate to play some harder maps on occasion between 6* and 7* but don't try to FC anything like freedom dive.

Ok, cool. Thank you!
Realmas
And you also should focus on 4* maps before going for low acc FCs on 5*. I'm 10k ranks higher than you and I focus on 4.2* to 4.8*, so ...
You should focus on your accuracy before focusing on 5* I think, mainly if you're interested in pp, because you can get a lot more of them with a better accuracy. ^^
(And highest star pass doesn't mean anything btw, Airman is a lot easier to pass than some 6* maps. c;)
Hibiya-chan
Stick with 4*. Tbh im alr at this rank but tbh, I only fc'ed a few 5* maps coz I'm still stickin to consistently, most of the sightreading, fc'ing maps up to 4.5* while still practicing in being consistent at fc'ing 4.6*+
Nattsun
4*
Rayise
Funny thing, i've been playing maps around 4.5-5 stars for nearly 1,5 years and still i haven't FC'd ANY 5*+ maps :( (maybe because i didn't really tried to do it) Through the time i only get more consistency and better acc. Last time i've started playing harder maps 5*-6* and i can see a little improvement, maybe soon i will be able to earn some good scores. But now i see i playing maps at the similar level all the time wasn't the best for me and my progress.
Buster
1* - ANY RANK
2* - ANY RANK
3* - ANY RANK
4* - ANY RANK
5* - ANY RANK
6* - ANY RANK
7* - ANY RANK
8* - ANY RANK
9* - ANY RANK
10*+ - ANY RANK
N0thingSpecial

Lolinator2000 wrote:

1* - ANY RANK
2* - ANY RANK
3* - ANY RANK
4* - ANY RANK
5* - ANY RANK
6* - ANY RANK
7* - ANY RANK
8* - ANY RANK
9* - ANY RANK
10*+ - ANY RANK
Great insight, ranking is a social construct, skill can't be measured and age is just a number.
Braixen-Desu
Since you're around my rank, I would say around the mid 5*s. Once you start FCing 5 stars, you can start moving up to high 5*s/low 6*s.
kai99

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Lolinator2000 wrote:

1* - ANY RANK
2* - ANY RANK
3* - ANY RANK
4* - ANY RANK
5* - ANY RANK
6* - ANY RANK
7* - ANY RANK
8* - ANY RANK
9* - ANY RANK
10*+ - ANY RANK
Great insight, ranking is a social construct, skill can't be measured and age is just a number.
but it is true that the better you are at this game, in which you can pass higher maps, the higher rank you have.
so there's an average star rating for every rank.
this doesn't mean that they have to play the difficulty only; players are free to play any difficulty, but there is a recommended difficulty so that you could pass or get a decent acc.

i'd say high 4* low 5*. if you can't fc them, go lower. doing lower star rating maps aren't something you should be ashamed of.
Killertodo2

Jacster4 wrote:

I've seen a couple posts but none of them really gave a straight up answer to what rank you should be for how what maps you can finish and what maps you can FC.

I play around the 5-6 star area and have FCed a couple 5 stars and choked 3-4 5star FCs right at the end lol. I'm rank ~69,000. The highest star map I've been able to complete is Can't Defeat Airman which is 7.03stars but I got a depressingly bad score and acc of 79% to get me a C.
i play around like the 4.7-5.5 star area and im rank 610000 is that ok for me?
Zelzatter Zero

Killertodo2 wrote:

Jacster4 wrote:

There were not much people 3 years ago so this thread is now outdated.

Please do not necropost next time.
N3et

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Lolinator2000 wrote:

1* - ANY RANK
2* - ANY RANK
3* - ANY RANK
4* - ANY RANK
5* - ANY RANK
6* - ANY RANK
7* - ANY RANK
8* - ANY RANK
9* - ANY RANK
10*+ - ANY RANK
true
Voidedosu

N3et wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Lolinator2000 wrote:

1* - ANY RANK
2* - ANY RANK
3* - ANY RANK
4* - ANY RANK
5* - ANY RANK
6* - ANY RANK
7* - ANY RANK
8* - ANY RANK
9* - ANY RANK
10*+ - ANY RANK
true
Did you literally not see Zelzatter's post above yours? Or did you not care?
kujubuo

Killertodo2 wrote:

Jacster4 wrote:

it isnt
ythhero
this is a 5 year old thread.
SOOO

ythhero wrote:

so why did you bump it? are u mentally well?
yoshiii1

ythhero wrote:

so im rank 1460000 i play 3.50 maps is that good?
Joon Yorigami

yoshiii1 wrote:

ythhero wrote:

so im rank 1460000 i play 3.50 maps is that good?
this is a 5 year old thread, and to answer your question, if you are getting 95 accuracy or higher, it should be good