forum

What are the downsides to using mods early?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JigglePhysic
So I do know that it's not recommended to use mods early, but can someone exactly tell me why?
ithgyu
nomod is where you truly learn the fundamentals of the game. If you go onto mods too early you are neglecting your fundamentals which will lead to inconsistent play. In addition, if you go to mods too early you will find it significantly harder to get good at nomod again. I started learning mods at around 5.5k pp and I would say I still learnt it too early and neglected my nomod and ive had to spend a significant amount of time trying to bring my nomod play back up to standard and it is still way behind my hr play.
Topic Starter
JigglePhysic

ithgyu wrote:

nomod is where you truly learn the fundamentals of the game. If you go onto mods too early you are neglecting your fundamentals which will lead to inconsistent play. In addition, if you go to mods too early you will find it significantly harder to get good at nomod again. I started learning mods at around 5.5k pp and I would say I still learnt it too early and neglected my nomod and ive had to spend a significant amount of time trying to bring my nomod play back up to standard and it is still way behind my hr play.
send help

ithgyu
tbh it doesnt matter on normals because you are not playing high ar. Just dont play ar 10 early
I Give Up
I know some players who started hdhr early like 4k pp. They are now catching up to me, or have already passed me, and are still making leaps.

It's all up to how you want to play the game.
Nattsun

I Give Up wrote:

I know some players who started hdhr early like 4k pp. They are now catching up to me, or have already passed me, and are still making leaps.

It's all up to how you want to play the game.
They will probably hit a wall at the star diff where they stopped playing nomod. Learning AR10 might take a week, getting accuracy on OD10 might take a while and cs5.2 is probably not too much of a problem in the early stages of HR. Just my opinion, though.
Yolshka

Cirno9 wrote:

They will probably hit a wall at the star diff where they stopped playing nomod. Learning AR10 might take a week, getting accuracy on OD10 might take a while and cs5.2 is probably not too much of a problem in the early stages of HR. Just my opinion, though.
Well they certainly will slow down improving on nomod.

As of right now i don't see a reason to avoid hr at any time, if you don't care about nomod then I guess there's no point in playing it.
You'll get pretty good at hr anyway, which should satisfy you considering it was your desire.
I'm not sure what are these fundementals, that are considered a requirement,but it should go without saying that regardless of mod combination, playing way too hard maps is unlikely to help you score FC-s, which is only a problem if you'd like to FC things anyway.

I think the main problem comes from the lack of experince that is needed to accurately judge a maps difficulty, and that people with less experience have not yet decided what they would like to get good at. If you know what kind of player you'd like to be in the next few years from the get-go then just play the mod of your choice. Obviously the chances of that are pretty low.
You'll figure it out for yourself eventually, with time. Even if you started playing HR early, I'm pretty sure you didn't lose anything, besides time that could have been spent on nomod as well, if you are interested in that. But I admit , time is very precious.

I see a lot of similiar answers repeating, but I've yet to see one that fully convinced me about mods being so evil.I agree with Kuki here.But of course, I don't play with mods right now, and I'll probably never play HR anyway because I don't find it appealing.

Maybe this thread will do it?
Nattsun

Yolshka wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Well they certainly will slow down improving on nomod.

As of right now i don't see a reason to avoid hr at any time, if you don't care about nomod then I guess there's no point in playing it.
You'll get pretty good at hr anyway, which should satisfy you considering it was your desire.
I'm not sure what are these fundementals, that are considered a requirement,but it should go without saying that regardless of mod combination, playing way too hard maps is unlikely to help you score FC-s, which is only a problem if you'd like to FC things anyway.

I think the main problem comes from the lack of experince that is needed to accurately judge a maps difficulty, and that people with less experience have not yet decided what they would like to get good at. If you know what kind of player you'd like to be in the next few years from the get-go then just play the mod of your choice. Obviously the chances of that are pretty low.
You'll figure it out for yourself eventually, with time. Even if you started playing HR early, I'm pretty sure you didn't lose anything, besides time that could have been spent on nomod as well, if you are interested in that. But I admit , time is very precious.

I see a lot of similiar answers repeating, but I've yet to see one that fully convinced me about mods being so evil.I agree with Kuki here.But of course, I don't play with mods right now, and I'll probably never play HR anyway because I don't find it appealing.

Maybe this thread will do it?
I don't know, maybe good accuracy, presicion, aim and reaction time? On top of that conistency on nomod. If someone with shit acc wants to play HR he wont get far. Pretty sure you learned swimming by moving on step by step, first with floaties and then without. And the diffrence between OD8 and OD10 is insane, AR and CS aside, that is already a challenge for lots of people.

To each his own.

EDIT: Not implying that it's impossible, but why would you take the hard route 8-)