forum

Re-learing AR8-AR9 nomod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TnT4blast
Hello guys,

So i kept playing HR for a while.

But now the problem is AR10 on 3* maps is too hard cuz i cant tap fast enough, and i want to fc them nomod since thats better for my rank.
I fc'd this map 3.66* 9mm Parabellum Bullet - Inferno [Traumatized Hard] with HR
And my previous best fc around 3.2* Afilia Saga - Neptune*Sagashite [Hard] with HDHR

Almost every map i try even with AR8-9 i fail hard.
But i when i try with HR i can usually get double combo than nomod, but choke cuz later part is too hard.

What should i be doing?
Also im left handed tablet player, and use mouse in my right hand all my life. Cant use tablet right hand.
This is the difference between my left and right hand bpm test.
Left Hand
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/6JkOIh7.png
Right Hand
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/TgA5lqo.png

I really want to stop playing HR for a while but i just fail and fail :(
Sandy Hoey
Stop playing HR until a lot later. This may mean going down in star rating to relearn basic skills. Overall though, it will be better in the long run
Braixen-Desu
What I suggest: Just play more (I know you might've heard this a bunch of times, but it works).
Also, I'm not too sure if you should be focusing on rank, rather you might want to focus on improving your skills to move onto 4* maps. That's where the REAL rank comes in (FCing 4.5-4.8*s nomod lasted me to about 70k).
Are you failing with AR 8-9 because it's too slow? If so, then practice with maps that are AR 8-9. I would kind of advise against playing HR in your rank, since it'll force you to mostly play fast maps as you move onto the higher stars, which will make it more difficult for you to find more maps to play (or FC for rank).
Also play with whatever feels comfortable to you when it comes to playing right or left hand.
Topic Starter
TnT4blast
I will try playing nomod only this week, might it also be better to play them with HD?
I can mostly do AR10 with HD but its weird on lower AR now.
Sandy Hoey
Playing hd versus nomod is not that big of a difference. It will get you back to where you want to be. However, playing hidden to much and never playing nomod does not necessarily mean you will be able to paly nomod. If you want to be able to do both, play both. If you dont care, just choose one and stick with it
Braixen-Desu
Playing HD is fine but...
If playing low AR with HD (such as AR 9) is weird, you might want to switch to nomod, since if I want to learn a new AR, I prefer to practice nomod then switch to other mods for rank purposes (such as HD).
Or as a summary, try to learn nomod a little bit more, then switch to HD so it won't feel weird to you.
dung eater
get good at higher and lower ar and you will be really good at the ones in between
Attenox
Don't play mods yet, especially not HR
_handholding

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Playing hd versus nomod is not that big of a difference. It will get you back to where you want to be. However, playing hidden to much and never playing nomod does not necessarily mean you will be able to paly nomod. If you want to be able to do both, play both. If you dont care, just choose one and stick with it
Why play nomod at all when HD exists
Nattsun
Don't touch HR. It's way too early for you.

The best thing you could do is to play what you are bad at, basically ar8-9 and don't retry. Just finish the maps and try to get good accuracy, combo comes later.
Sayorie
Nomod is like frying eggs. HR is like making pies, completely different and it's easier to fuck up. DT is like stir frying, you have to be quick with stirring or else it burns. HD is toppings for everything, makes everything better.

Making only pies doesn't make you a good chef, it just makes you a pie-maker.
KupcaH

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Playing HD is fine but...
If playing low AR with HD (such as AR 9)
Since when AR 9 is low?
Braixen-Desu

KupcaH wrote:

Since when AR 9 is low?

I meant low in his case
AR9 is high enough for me
Topic Starter
TnT4blast
Its really annoying that it does take a long time to get used to lower AR tho :/
I need to play with nofail because i tap way to early.
But i guess it might pay off in the end.
Braixen-Desu
Playing lower AR is annoying at first, but getting the rhythm of a song REALLY helps a lot. Sometimes, I would hear the whole song first just to capture the rhythm of it to help me.
-Makishima S-
HR = OD10

800pp guy talks about playing HR is just laughtable.

Play something on your level, go back to 3* nomod and just play.