forum

Not performing as well as other days?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu
I think that this happens to everyone but curious...
I don't think that I've really been performing up to how I was a couple days ago. I was getting FC's or somewhat really close with difficult songs and I've been racking up a lot of PP.
Yet lately, I have been struggling a lot to just FC anything. Even some of the easier songs, I've been struggling. I was thinking that it was a new skin that I use, but that's probably just an excuse. I've been missing relatively easy jumps and having bad timing on streams etc. (getting a lot of 100s or just missing).
Sandy Hoey

Braixen-Desu wrote:

I think that this happens to everyone
Hiro-Senpai
play more
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu
Fair enough
J Gianni
You could try get a few days break, i helps me when i can't really read any map or having good acc, also, use the skin which you're most comfortable, believe it or not some skins its harder to get used to timing and reading. overall i think you should just take a a break or either way play with a different skin whatever its better for you. and dont stress about it, just keep having fun and you'll improve.
N0thingSpecial
Aim for different things periodically, you've been aiming for FC for a while to get pp and you've reached a freshhold where farming takes you no where in terms of improvement
Sayorie
play another day
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Aim for different things periodically, you've been aiming for FC for a while to get pp and you've reached a freshhold where farming takes you no where in terms of improvement

In that case, should I just try to build up skill on like high 5*s or low 6*s then continue farming again?
Nattsun

Braixen-Desu wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

In that case, should I just try to build up skill on like high 5*s or low 6*s then continue farming again?
Just FC maps that ain't worth pp but still hard. Practice streaming, play some multiplayer or just play some hard maps for fun.
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu

Cirno9 wrote:

Just FC maps that ain't worth pp but still hard. Practice streaming, play some multiplayer or just play some hard maps for fun.

To be honest, I don't see the appeal of FCing if I don't get much rank or pp from it, since FCs take a lot of concentration from me (which is probably why I only play in hour sessions).
My streaming is decent to say the least, it's usually me choking from a lot of different things (jumps, streams, slider breaks etc.)
Multiplayer is a weird case for me, since I become even more pressured for no reason and I mess up much more. Even if I do it with my friends, I always have this dumb competitive side of me which annihilates my desire to have any possible fun that I could've possibly had.
The "hard maps" I play for fun are usually jump training maps...I think something is wrong with me
N0thingSpecial

Braixen-Desu wrote:

To be honest, I don't see the appeal of FCing if I don't get much rank or pp from it, since FCs take a lot of concentration from me
At least attempt to FC it, get a high combo. You're FCing cause it's the most comfortable pattern for you, get out your comfort zone and you get yourself exposed to more patterns which might strengthen your ability to play easy patterns.
Nattsun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Braixen-Desu wrote:

To be honest, I don't see the appeal of FCing if I don't get much rank or pp from it, since FCs take a lot of concentration from me
At least attempt to FC it, get a high combo. You're FCing cause it's the most comfortable pattern for you, get out your comfort zone and you get yourself exposed to more patterns which might strengthen your ability to play easy patterns.
The hardest maps are worth nothing for the effort. People who are actually good at techmaps are getting lots of respect for their skill, and that's what you should be playing for. Skill>pp. Your rank means nothing when you just farmed overweighted maps, you'll still be trash at the game, just with more pp.
Carebare

Braixen-Desu wrote:

To be honest, I don't see the appeal of FCing if I don't get much rank or pp from it, since FCs take a lot of concentration from me (which is probably why I only play in hour sessions).
If it's a map that's slightly above your comfort zone, don't go into it with the mindset of expecting to get an FC. Try to get a good combo and more importantly good acc. Then, on another day, see if you can beat your previous score. If you do and have better acc, then you know you've improved.
Sayorie

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Play for improvement first, then play for pp. You won't get any pp in the long run if you don't move out of your comfort zones and improve what you seriously lack.
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu

Cirno9 wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Braixen-Desu wrote:

The hardest maps are worth nothing for the effort. People who are actually good at techmaps are getting lots of respect for their skill, and that's what you should be playing for. Skill>pp. Your rank means nothing when you just farmed overweighted maps, you'll still be trash at the game, just with more pp.

Oh...in that case are the maps I play overweighted and stuff (besides cold green eyes, I'm pretty sure that's overweighted)? Since I can't tell honestly if I'm just playing overweighted maps with little to no skill or actually playing with a decent amount of skill
dung eater
Usually most maps everyone gets pp from are easy for the pp they give.
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu

Sayorie wrote:

Play for improvement first, then play for pp. You won't get any pp in the long run if you don't move out of your comfort zones and improve what you seriously lack.

But that's another problem about me, I can't find what my problems are. Sometimes, I'll be able to do a lot of streams with good acc (usually getting only a few 100s). But on that same day, I'll slider break all over the place.
On another day, I'll just screw up the same streams (by getting like 7 50s) but I won't have much of a problem with sliders.
It's kind of like that, I just don't know what to improve on.
Sandy Hoey
So you can do it sometimes but not others? Hmmm. Consistency????????????????????????????????????????????

And dont tell me that you dont have flaws in your gameplay... If you do, you are fooling yourself
Topic Starter
Braixen-Desu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

So you can do it sometimes but not others? Hmmm. Consistency????????????????????????????????????????????
And dont tell me that you dont have flaws in your gameplay... If you do, you are fooling yourself

I guess what I said earlier might've implied that, but I'll 100% admit that I have a lot of flaws. For example, I will always suck at square jumps and doing any AR under 9 or above 9.5.
Also, how does one train consistency?
Sayorie

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Also, how does one train consistency?
Less retry, more completion. (c) Rohulk