forum

O2i3 - TSLove [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
zigizigiefe

Skylish wrote:

As the diff names are concerned by some of members of BNG and QAT, I would like to suggest some changes:

> Muzu / Inner themselves do not mean anything. MuzuLove and InnerLove show inconsistencies among the difficulties in the mapset, as the others contain the WHOLE default difficulty names.

> If you want to keep using 'love' for the diff. names, you may change them into 'MuzukashiiLove' and 'Inner OniLove' respectively.
MuzuLove:"Muzu" is used as an abbreviation many times, Example 1 Example 2 Example 3
In that case, MuzukashiiLove is unnecessarily long. MuzuLove fits perfectly. I think it's personal choice.

InnerLove:As mentioned above, it's personal choice as well and Inner OniLove is unnecessarily long, looks pretty weird. I also saw a difficulty named "Inner": https://osu.ppy.sh/b/404294.

So current diffnames are okay to me.
Raiden
Exactly, we don't use Muzu as abbreviation as it means nothing, it'd be like using "Ha" in English
zigizigiefe: we don't use old maps as reference.

Plus "InnerLove" means literally nothing, so it'd be better to have something alternative or Inner OniLove for consistency

Once it is changed the pop will no longer be in effect
Nwolf
Can you like not bring up 4 year old maps to justify your cause? Many things have changed since then and we no longer allow stuff like "Muzu" or "Inner".

I don't get why you HAVE to have "Love" at the end of each diff name anyway. Simply seems unnecessary and not cool or funny in any way.
zigizigiefe

Raiden wrote:

Exactly, we don't use Muzu as abbreviation as it means nothing, it'd be like using "Ha" in English
zigizigiefe: we don't use old maps as reference.

Plus "InnerLove" means literally nothing, so it'd be better to have something alternative or Inner OniLove for consistency

Once it is changed the pop will no longer be in effect

Nwolf wrote:

Can you like not bring up 4 year old maps to justify your cause? Many things have changed since then and we no longer allow stuff like "Muzu" or "Inner".

I don't get why you HAVE to have "Love" at the end of each diff name anyway. Simply seems unnecessary and not cool or funny in any way.
A discussion already? Okey, let me explain. I didn't use old maps as reference. I mean that if Jessi see these maps with these diffname, she might used these diffnames because if used before, it can be used now as well. She might have thought like that. That's what I mean, didn't use maps as "reference".

Nwolf: It fits to title name, I see no problem but it's up to Jessi though.

Edit:Forgot to say, it was me who tells to change "Inner OniLove" to "InnerLove" as explained above.
Surono
KantanLove
FutsuuLove
MuzukashiiLove
OniLove
Inner OniLove

or refer to Ono's post

change like this and I will checking this set (still have concern but not really serious on low diffs)
OnosakiHito
Recommending to remove the "Love" from all difficulties as well. There is no effect of this beside looking weird and having no really meaning aside of "personal preferences".
zigizigiefe
I still vindicate "Love" may be kept due to title name but as I said, it's up to Jessi.
Surono
yes related, both of that are good.. "Oni" Intensifies
ugh diffnaming discussion.
Topic Starter
JessiChan
Whatever, change the name of the difficulties does not cause any effect, people are only interested in playing it, maybe. Later I change it, it's 4 am and I'm not on the pc. Thank you all for commenting on their respective opinions.
zigizigiefe

Surono wrote:

yes related, both of that are good.. "Oni" Intensifies
ugh diffnaming discussion.
Yes, I hate long discussions :U
frukoyurdakul
Quote from Ranking Criteria:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username.
Let's look at all of the diffnames if it conflicts with the rule. They all include the diff names (a.k.a Kantan,Futsuu,Muzu (which is appopriate according to some ranked maps), Oni) with a suffix which is "Love". The rule says: It must indicate, not exactly the same. They all include the relative difficulty in all of the diffnames and one other point: "The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username." The InnerLove is the highest diff on the mapset, which also indicates relative difficulty, and it's unrelated to a username but related to the song. And, it's also the hardest difficulty which is allowed to use an appropriate custom difficulty name like InnerLove.

Please, stop taking this diffname situation this seriously and look at the gameplay elements first. You are examining it like the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is the difficulty name, instead of the patterns, streams, SVs, timings etc. Could you please give a better approach on this? Thank you.
Raiden
Once again: Muzu is NOT appropriate. Stop taking old maps as reference. It doesn't. Work. Like. That. Just stop.

And YES it is strictly unrankable as of TODAY's standards. So before making the white knight-ish "let's forget about diff name because it doesn't matter at all and focus on gameplay" remarks and throw your uneducated opinion here, try to take a step back and apply some basic logic.

It's actually pretty ironic that those who say "don't take this too seriously - it's just a diff name - relax it's a game" are the ones that do all sorts of questionable stuff and expect no one to speak up against them. Grow up. Seriously. You guys are the ones taking the wrong approach on this.

Muzu. Is. Not. APPROPRIATE. You are missing the entire point.
OnosakiHito
Let's cut it here: Muzu is not a valid difficulty name. You must change it. Stop discussing about obvious things.
Inner can stay. But then again, the difficulty-name setting is not recommended.
zigizigiefe

OnosakiHito wrote:

Let's cut it here: Muzu is not a valid difficulty name. You must change it. Stop discussing about obvious things.
Inner can stay. But then again, the difficulty-name setting is not recommended.
^ I agree, but I think "Love" should be kept though.

Raiden wrote:

Once again: Muzu is NOT appropriate. Stop taking old maps as reference. It doesn't. Work. Like. That. Just stop.

And YES it is strictly unrankable as of TODAY's standards. So before making the white knight-ish "let's forget about diff name because it doesn't matter at all and focus on gameplay" remarks and throw your uneducated opinion here, try to take a step back and apply some basic logic.

It's actually pretty ironic that those who say "don't take this too seriously - it's just a diff name - relax it's a game" are the ones that do all sorts of questionable stuff and expect no one to speak up against them. Grow up. Seriously. You guys are the ones taking the wrong approach on this.

Muzu. Is. Not. APPROPRIATE. You are missing the entire point.
Although I agree with Ono, I wonder why old mappers used to name their maps "Muzu". If someone explain, I will agree with it. Also at least try to get what fruko said instead of writing by bold text. I think he meant more than this.
Raiden
I got what he said and he is simply wrong. End of discussion. Let's stop loitering the thread with useless posts, shall we?

Bold text was so no one misses the point again.
zigizigiefe
I agree, that discussion shouldn't have been that long.
Skylish
Leave the final decision to Jessi. 'MuzuLove' has to be changed. Consider renaming 'InnerLove' this diff. name as well.

Call me back when you are ready again.
Ulqui
@JessiChan

En mi opinión, ponerle "Love" al final de cada diffname es muy poco estético. Pude ver tu post en el que dices que a la gente no le importa el nombre de la dificultad, pues eso no es cierto, es mucho más comfortable jugar un mapset el cual posee diffnames que se ven "limpias" u ordenadas, que ver un desorden de diffnames con Love al final, Pues el título ya tiene la palabra Love... para qué seguir colocando Love en las dificultades :c.

Mi sugerencia es cambiar el nombre de todas las dificultades, de tal modo que el mapset cumpla con todas las normas para ser rankeado. Si gustas, puedes conservar el InnerLove ya que es la última diff y puede adquirir un nombre customizado (aunque puedes cambiarlo a tu gusto).

Edit: Kantan - Futsuu - Muzukashii - Oni - Love (? awa
Gemu-
Surono
what the kwkw stop make a statment/pro contra/refering or blabla pls, at all it depends "mapper". dont waste your fingers to typing longwords or something called "dorama dezu" :^)

quoted my previous post again + editing

Surono wrote:

KantanLove
FutsuuLove
MuzukashiiLove
OniLove
Inner OniLove

or

Kantan
Futsuu
Muzukashii
Oni
Inner Oni
I've talked with jessi and yeah she choice with second setting diffnaming

my dumb simple post yah naah, so whats happening with those post walltext ugh idk idc. seems skylish wanna rebub it, I dont like such waiting.. dem qf XD
Topic Starter
JessiChan
Updated. o3o
Surono
back

seems density notes of low diff with mid diff are good, I just forget to update it in b4 :"D

22:38 JessiChan: I think the second option is fine, to end this ridiculous discussion, since others do not want the "Love" and does not really bother me, to the end are words without any meaning, I just want people to like playing my map , have fun.
Ulqui
awa
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Ulqui wrote:

awa
de uwu
zigizigiefe
se ve bien ahora, aqui vamos uwu
Surono
iyi sans :liukang:
Skylish
Qualify~

Sorry for causing inconvenience, gratz on your 1st ever qualified mapset :D
Surono
ewewewewewewewewewewewewe

ewe jessi
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Skylish wrote:

Qualify~

Sorry for causing inconvenience, gratz on your 1st ever qualified mapset :D

Haha, no problem Skylish. Thanks. ;)
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Surono wrote:

ewewewewewewewewewewewewe

ewe jessi

uwuwuwuwuwuwuwuw

uwu Surono
Gemu-
OMG congrats!! >ww< al fin tu primer mapa ranked! ♥w♥ espero ver muchos más proyectos de ti amor :33 ily <3 es un excelente mapa y agradecido por todo tu esfuerzo que hiciste en el mapa :333
Ulqui
Gratz, lo mereces.
yuzu__rinrin
gratz 1st ranked mapset ~ :)
Charlotte
omedetou :)
zigizigiefe

Charlotte wrote:

omedetou :)
ありがとう <3
Surono

zigizigiefe wrote:

ありがとう <3
sssssstttt u weebz, learn animemes.

you cant see me

zigizigiefe wrote:

o shit, busted
OSH IT, PUTYOU HANDSUP
zigizigiefe

Surono wrote:

zigizigiefe wrote:

ありがとう <3
sssssstttt u weebz, learn animemes.
o shit, busted
Ilham
congratulation!
Topic Starter
JessiChan
Thank you so much guys! :) :33
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hi, I would like to point out some spread issues existing in lower difficulties.

The difficulty gap between Gemu's Futsuu and Muzukashii is too significant in general, especially from 00:00:637 to 00:21:393 - as shown in the diagram above. Please provide smoother difficulty transition by increasing Futsuu's note density and using more 1/2 patterns in the kiais. I am willing to provide additional modding if you agree with my opinion.
show more