forum

More realistic handling of sliders in auto and distance snap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I feel this was probably requested before, but I can't find an older post.

When players play sliders, they don't have to complete the slider to get the 300, and this is reflected in the SR. However when you watch an auto play, auto will always complete the slider correctly before moving onto the next note, not recreating what will realistically happen when a player plays the map. Instead it'll be far more helpful to watch auto show the ideal time of dismounting a slider to give a more realistic sense of a map difficulty.

Along that same line of reasoning, distance snap should be given the option to show the distance and time differential from when a player is ideally supposed to leave the slider to reach the next note to better reflect how a map will be played.
ztrot
but scorev2 does iirc it will eventually take over solving this problem in time i think but i love the idea for now!
Endaris
Just in terms of sliderleniency of the area around the sliderball or also that retarded
"he was never even close to the sliderend but he still gets a 300 because we checked cursorproximity 2 days ago and he was close enough back then"
?
o x
Auto isn't meant to be a realistic playthrough of a map, it is meant to be a perfect playthrough. This meaning it will always complete sliders how they are intended despite how leanient they could be.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

wwwww_ wrote:

Auto isn't meant to be a realistic playthrough of a map, it is meant to be a perfect playthrough. This meaning it will always complete sliders how they are intended despite how leanient they could be.
Most sliders at higher levels aren't intended to be completed though, and when was it ever said that Auto isn't supposed to be a realistic playthrough of a map. The only goal of auto is that you watch a perfect play of the map. I just want a more realistic perfect play

Endaris wrote:

Just in terms of sliderleniency of the area around the sliderball or also that retarded
"he was never even close to the sliderend but he still gets a 300 because we checked cursorproximity 2 days ago and he was close enough back then"
?
That would be cool, but not even sure how doable that is. I only brought up the current idea since I know SR already takes it into account, so the calculation is already there.

ztrot wrote:

but scorev2 does iirc it will eventually take over solving this problem in time i think but i love the idea for now!
Just curious, how will scoreV2 fix this. I thought the only change is that getting slider breaks will always generate misses, regardless if you hit the head of the slider or not. If you got a 300 from a slider, you won't get a slider break, regardless if you didn't finish the slider or not.
o x
A perfect play of the map is holding the slider until the very end. I don't see why you want something that is supposed to be perfect to take shortcuts just to make it look more realistic.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

wwwww_ wrote:

A perfect play of the map is holding the slider until the very end. I don't see why you want something that is supposed to be perfect to take shortcuts just to make it look more realistic.
A perfect play is a play that gets all 300s.

As for why, because players can learn how to play sliders correctly by learning from Auto.
o x
But auto isn't used for that purpose, if it was then the Auto mod would move at a realistic speed and wouldn't do near impossible patterns, this applies in ctb auto as well, the catcher purposely moves at an impossible speed to catch every fruit in the middle of the plate since it would be a perfect playthrough of the map.

And just because you get a 300 doesn't mean you did it perfectly, look at OD, I can click an obkect say 8ms early and get a 300 but that's not perfect, or I can only hit an object edge when I click, but that isn't perfect either. And look at spinners, just because I get a 300 on a spinner doesn't mean I completed it perfectly.

I won't be saying anything more on this since I feel like I've said what was on my mind, good luck with your request though!