t=NODE - Four Seasons [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ascendance
dedicated to every1 except me
Absolute Zero
just coming back for this quick stuff
00:55:475 (2,3,4,5) - Saw this as well--same overmap argument as mentioned before--I only hear sounds every 1/2.
08:37:249 - Two conflicting timing points here in terms of sample set. Change the uninherited to S:C5.
Ascendance
hi

08:34:490 (1,2,3,4) - please fix this as we discussed, should definitely be 1/1 and is not unrankable at all, dunno why afb said that
hp -> 6

6* marathon and it's hp5, too forgiving for sure

hopefully the twitter meme dies, gl
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina

Absolute Zero wrote:

just coming back for this quick stuff
00:55:475 (2,3,4,5) - Saw this as well--same overmap argument as mentioned before--I only hear sounds every 1/2.
08:37:249 - Two conflicting timing points here in terms of sample set. Change the uninherited to S:C5.
applied both, thanks :)

Ascendance wrote:

hi

08:34:490 (1,2,3,4) - please fix this as we discussed, should definitely be 1/1 and is not unrankable at all, dunno why afb said that
hp -> 6

6* marathon and it's hp5, too forgiving for sure

hopefully the twitter meme dies, gl
fixed the slider to 1/1 but im not gonna change the hp, i feel the map is too long and im not trying to kill someone at the very end after all the buildup

Ascendance
after closer inspection the snapping at 05:13:697 - until 05:15:197 - and maybe a few after are really really off. If it's noticeable simply by playing, idk if a simplification really covers it. The snapping i got is here: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10170166

You might want more opinions on it, I gathered a few myself
_handholding
05:13:697 (1) - the snapping in this section is off by a mile. The instrument lands on an awkward array of snaps so I can see why you would choose to simplify the whole thing. However, when you map 05:14:554 (1) as completely different when it's very similar to 05:13:697 (1) , it definitely throws the whole thing out of whack and makes it more apparent that you aren't playing along to the instrument itself and a rather artificial rhythm put in. I'm not quite sure if this is what you were going for I just wanted to point this out to see if you were aware. To add on top the hitsound doesn't do a good job either at covering this up, and infact, ends up worsening the problem.

I cannot 100% confirm what the snapping is but this is what a couple of my other friends agree on https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10170166
[]
I made this post as I was curious to know if this was intentional or not, on the off chance that you were aware of the wrong snapping
Absolute Zero
Had a very long discussion with Nokashi, celerih, Hareimu, and Fii about this a while ago and decided that it's best that we approximate in evenly for playing and to an extent (as much as I hate to use this word) aesthetics. The relatively exact snapping actually plays on 1/12 and 1/16 ticks, and looks visibly uneven in play. I'm not going to post the screenshot as it is a sore sight.
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina
05:13:697 - and 05:14:554 - are not mapped to the same instruments.
_handholding
@AZ Yes I can see that but having 05:13:697 (1) and 05:15:411 (1) play as constant 1/4s and 05:14:554 (1) as constant 1/6 does feel like a sin, given the fact there is almost no contrast between the 3 sections. This is why I stated it come across as very artificial.

edit: @wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what are the different instruments you're mapping?
Ascendance

Absolute Zero wrote:

Had a very long discussion with Nokashi, celerih, Hareimu, and Fii about this a while ago and decided that it's best that we approximate in evenly for playing and to an extent (as much as I hate to use this word) aesthetics. The relatively exact snapping actually plays on 1/12 and 1/16 ticks, and looks visibly uneven in play. I'm not going to post the screenshot as it is a sore sight.
there was no 1/16 and only 1 1/12 in the snapping I discussed with others. The "approximation" sounds not even close to resembling the music either. Like I said, it was very noticeable when playing that the snapping was wrong. A map should be timed as closely as possible, and as we saw with Despacito, CTB has no clickable aspect, making it easier to use complex rhythms without affecting playability. If aesthetics are a problem, follow different instruments.
Absolute Zero

Kisses wrote:

@AZ Yes I can see that but having 05:13:697 (1) and 05:15:411 (1) play as constant 1/4s and 05:14:554 (1) as constant 1/6 does feel like a sin, given the fact there is almost no contrast between the 3 sections. This is why I stated it come across as very artificial.

edit: @wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what are the different instruments you're mapping?

I'd be willing to accept consistent resnapping but I'm generally against specific snapping to a drunk accordionist.
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina

Kisses wrote:

accordion and then the percussion

Ascendance wrote:

there was no 1/16 and only 1 1/12 in the snapping I discussed with others.
the snapping you discussed with others is incredibly off as well.
Ascendance
find something that works better then instead of implying i'm not doing a good enough job fixing your map
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina

Ascendance wrote:

find something that works better then instead of implying i'm not doing a good enough job fixing your map
That wasn't my point. Snapping the notes to the exactly to how they're presented by the insanely off-time accordion results in something virtually unappealing to look at or play unless in a standstill pattern, and mapping a different instrument is not an option as it will not fit the entire rest of the section I already mapped.
_handholding
@AZ I hold the same opinion

-wwwww wrote:

Kisses wrote:

accordion and then the percussion
The percussion does include some 1/6 snaps but it's definitely not a continuous, maybe overmapping would be what some people would go for but it does clash with a problem that I'll state below.

You've mapped the accordion > percussion > accordion all in the space of a few seconds. Switching layers this frequently sounds incredibly off putting and focusing on one instrument is much preferred over mapping different instruments as you please. It does come off as awkward to switch to percussion from the accordion after when the accordion is still very much audible to the player and you've shown so much focus to it at the start
Ascendance
Don't really understand at all but I don't wanna start anything I guess. Kisses' post sums it up pretty nicely but I don't expect a change so I won't pursue anything, gl with your map
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina

Kisses wrote:

The percussion does include some 1/6 snaps but it's definitely not a continuous, maybe overmapping would be what some people would go for but it does clash with a problem that I'll state below.

You've mapped the accordion > percussion > accordion all in the space of a few seconds. Switching layers this frequently sounds incredibly off putting and focusing on one instrument is much preferred over mapping different instruments as you please. It does come off as awkward to switch to percussion from the accordion after when the accordion is still very much audible to the player and you've shown so much focus to it at the start
Yes, that's valid, I'll change it to the accordion.
Absolute Zero
In the end I just wanted to get more opinions on the issue so I decided to just bring it up again and if it's smoothest this way then I don't have too much of an attachment to the snaps cuz I was a little torn myself

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Topic Starter
Dea ex machina
Yep, we came to a consensus and found a way to make it work with as close to the correct snapping as we could.
Ascendance
The thread could have gone smoother but the snaps are much better now. The only other things that sound off to me are 05:16:348 (1,2,3) - , I have 1,2 a 1/16 tick earlier (gray) and 3 on 05:16:643 - and ending on red still. This section is really weird T_T
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina
@ascen applied

@whoever , giving ascendance a kudosu since he's basically posted a mod at this point
_handholding
does that mean I don't get a kudosu
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina
Yes
Absolute Zero
Did a last sweep to see if things were applied.

Bubbled!
Ascendance
Posted: about 24 hours ago
autofanboy
Recheck!

█ Optional to change --- █ Suggested to change --- █ Unrankable

[ General]

• Tags
  1. Remove 'phantasmagoria flower view' as these words are included in the Source.

[ Last Judgement]

• Gameplay
  1. 02:15:174 (1,2,1) - Movement here seems to be lacking a bit, so the emphasis at this point is not so well. Maybe you can try this: Ctrl+H 02:13:955 (1,2,1) - altogether and move this to x:428. In that way, the mentioned part will become back and forth movements which can emphasize the beat at 02:15:799 (1) - pretty well by the dash.
  2. 02:17:631 (1,2) - Why not a dash? Feels a bit inconsistent since most of these long slider patterns have dashes between each other (for emphasizing Whistles), such as 02:12:128 (1,2) - .
  3. 02:25:591 (2) - Maybe change this to 1/2 patterns? The beat at the red tick, i.e. 02:25:900 - is not mapped.
  4. 07:08:103 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Maybe just keep them being NC'ed every 2 complete white tick snaps? Only this part has denser amount of NC while the later-on parts are less dense (with at least 6-8 combo each).
  5. 07:53:710 (7) - How about inclining this more to the vertical? I think this is less intense than the parts at 07:52:535 (1) - and 07:54:102 (1) - .
  6. 07:58:997 (3,4) - I find the distance here a bit large, mind shortening it by moving (4) to x:444 or a few pixel larger? In this case the distance is likely similar to the inner distance of a 1/4 slider.

Poke me after.
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina

alienflybot wrote:

Recheck!

█ Optional to change --- █ Suggested to change --- █ Unrankable

[ General]

• Tags
  1. Remove 'phantasmagoria flower view' as these words are included in the Source.

[ Last Judgement]

• Gameplay
  1. 02:15:174 (1,2,1) - Movement here seems to be lacking a bit, so the emphasis at this point is not so well. Maybe you can try this: Ctrl+H 02:13:955 (1,2,1) - altogether and move this to x:428. In that way, the mentioned part will become back and forth movements which can emphasize the beat at 02:15:799 (1) - pretty well by the dash.
  2. 02:17:631 (1,2) - Why not a dash? Feels a bit inconsistent since most of these long slider patterns have dashes between each other (for emphasizing Whistles), such as 02:12:128 (1,2) - .
  3. 02:25:591 (2) - Maybe change this to 1/2 patterns? The beat at the red tick, i.e. 02:25:900 - is not mapped.
  4. 07:08:103 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Maybe just keep them being NC'ed every 2 complete white tick snaps? Only this part has denser amount of NC while the later-on parts are less dense (with at least 6-8 combo each).
  5. 07:53:710 (7) - How about inclining this more to the vertical? I think this is less intense than the parts at 07:52:535 (1) - and 07:54:102 (1) - .
  6. 07:58:997 (3,4) - I find the distance here a bit large, mind shortening it by moving (4) to x:444 or a few pixel larger? In this case the distance is likely similar to the inner distance of a 1/4 slider.

Poke me after.
everything applied! thanks for recheck :)
autofanboy
Here it comes!

Qualified!
Ollapeu
yass
JBHyperion

-wwwww wrote:

Yes
Ultima Fox
its happening
Foxy Grandpa
rank four seasons snosaes ruof knar