forum

Standardization of Touhou sources

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Hello.

As you probably know, previously Touhou maps used "Touhou" in the source field. Later it got changed to "東方Project". Nowadays we often see maps using the proper Touhou game title in the source, like "東方風神録 ~ Mountain of Faith." or "東方文花帖 ~ Shoot the Bullet." along with maps using "東方Project". I don't think this is how it should be and I want to propose the standardization of Touhou sources.

As osu! aims to have the most official meta wherever it's possible, using the official Touhou game titles in source sounds like a proper metadata for those maps instead of simply putting "東方Project", because otherwise it looks like just writing "Anime" in source for every anime OST mapped. I want you to tell mappers to change the sources of their Touhou maps to proper Touhou game titles when you are modding them, and I want to prohibit usage of simple "東方Project" in sources just like "Touhou" was prohibited before, so metadata QATs would fix that in maps as well, when BNs miss the improper source.

It's not really a part of Ranking Criteria and it never was, that's why I open the discussion here instead of Ranking Criteria subforum.

Opinions?

EDIT: Metadata UBKRC members reviewed this and will release their opinion later, archiving this thread.