forum

How do I get my fingers to move faster? (Streaming)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Creyz
Hi guys,

Soo uhm I want to play more DT but my problem is my streaming speed. I can singletap up to 250 just fine but my streaming speed caps at 190 bpm.
I can acc 190 bpm just fine but anything higher than that and I either miss everything or I ruin my acc.
My fingers just won't move any faster than that no matter how long I practice or just play I just won't improve a single bit when it comes to 200+bpm streams. It's been like this since I was 50k and there's nothing I can do.
Are there any finger exercises I can do to make my fingers faster?

PS: If you have nothing more to say than "play more" pls gtfo thx
Yyorshire
play mania
Topic Starter
Creyz

Yyorshire wrote:

play mania
I'd have to play that for months before It would help me. So no
KupcaH
No, there aren't.
vinnicci
jesse1412

Creyz wrote:

Rafis plays more in a month than you do in a year lmao.

But nah ofc there's some other secret strat to getting good at streaming.
Genjuro
Sometimes you just have to push yourself, break your limits etc. You can start playing 200bpm maps that have alot of bursts to get your fingers used to tapping this speed and once you're used to it you can start practicing streams.
Topic Starter
Creyz

jesse1412 wrote:

I played for like 1-3 hours everyday for the past 2 months. I just can't play online because I don't have wifi.
Also how is Play More a helpful answer? They never say what to play more so how is this going to help anyone?
KupcaH
Isn't it obvious? Play more streamy maps.
Bad at certain part - practice.
dung eater
Play more maps difficult in the aspect you want to improve in. The more you struggle (get exhausted by trying) the better.
Nattsun

jesse1412 wrote:

Creyz wrote:

Actually he retries often when he farms, other pro players grind scores offline and when they are good enough they play it online. (not all ofc)

OT: If you can stream 190bpm (be honest to yourself, can you stream 30+ notes without dropping a single 100?) then 200bpm shouldn't be too much of a big deal. If you just want raw speed and don't care that you miss on millions of gr8 maps cuz you don't have stamina than play this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/830322&m=0 (insane diff)

Play it until the last part starts (there is a long break before it starts, after 2/3 of the map). Repeat this 5 or 6 times after every session. Don't doubletap, try to get all notes while trying to acc them, you'll feel how your fingers start burning and relaxing at the same time. If you do this for a week you should be able to burststream up to 220bpm.

PS: Your stamina will suck really hard if you do it this way, I'm the living proof. 220bpm burstreams are "easy" if warmed up, but I can't deathstream anything. (actually I can, but that's because I started spamming the 2minute streammaps lately 8-) )

NINJAEDIT: I assumed that you won't pass the last part (that's what happened to me when I first played it, now I can even get "respectable" accuracy scores)
N0thingSpecial
tfw jesse posted in a thread about streaming

may his fast fingers bless your soul OP
Pittigbaasje
For me, a big part of finding the stamina to stream (I think you mean bursting tho, but what I'm about to say applies to bursting too so that's ok) is to anticipate the stream / burst. Most maps follow the same patterns and rhythms throughout the entire song, making it easy to tell where triples and bursts will be. If I know it's coming and I know exactly how long the stream/burst is going to be, my fingers don't freeze up like they would if I wasn't thinking ahead.

Another tip I can give you is to make sure your fingers get enough rest. They have to restore before you can improve again. People tend to say "play more and you will improve". But sometimes the opposite is true. Sometimes, playing less (so your fingers can heal) means more improvement in the long run.

The last thing I got for you is to use different keys on your keyboard from time to time. If you have been using z and x since you started, the rubbers/switches or whatever is under them will lose their flexibility, which will increase the amount of force you will have to put in for them to register. Using less force equals an easier time whilst streaming.

Oh wait I got one more, I found out about this last week. My desk is kinda smooth, so sometimes if I stream, my keyboard gets pushed back a bit. Just by a bit, since I use force to kinda keep it from moving at the same time. Once I noticed I was putting force in just to keep my keyboard from moving, I went looking for a fix. Now I place a heavy object against the back of my keyboard so my keyboard doesn't move anymore even if I push against it. This way, I can preserve more strenght and put it in the actual process of streaming, rather than keeping my hardware in place.

I hope any of these will be useful!
Good luck and have fun out there.