forum

[Archived] osu! stopped launching after driver update.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli
So, I updated to the Windows 10 Creators update recently, no problem. the following day, Nvidia had a driver update to provide better compatibility with the new version, and ever since, I have been unable to launch OSU. Whenever I try, it just immediately crashes. has anyone else had this problem? wasn't sure where to put this, so sorry if this is the wrong location.
Lyawi
yeah it's the wrong location. I'm sure a moderator will move this to the help forum~
SigmaTheFox44
yeah I had the same problem. just downgrade to the version before that and it'll fix
Lacrimosa
Does a window with a crying girl pop up when osu! crashes? If so, click on the image and copy-paste the error log here.

Otherwise, there should be a log about the issue in the Event Viewer under Windows Logs -> Application.
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli

zLucarioMaster wrote:

yeah I had the same problem. just downgrade to the version before that and it'll fix

It seems to work if i put it on the fallback build, but it doesn't remember any of my local records for some reason.
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli

Nikosbks wrote:

Does a window with a crying girl pop up when osu! crashes? If so, click on the image and copy-paste the error log here.

Otherwise, there should be a log about the issue in the Event Viewer under Windows Logs -> Application.
my screen takes a light gray tint, and it says that Osu! has stopped working.
Lacrimosa

SupremeLoli wrote:

my screen takes a light gray tint, and it says that Osu! has stopped working.
In that case, open the Event Viewer and search for the error log.
holybuttsauce

SupremeLoli wrote:

So, I updated to the Windows 10 Creators update recently, no problem. the following day, Nvidia had a driver update to provide better compatibility with the new version, and ever since, I have been unable to launch OSU. Whenever I try, it just immediately crashes. has anyone else had this problem? wasn't sure where to put this, so sorry if this is the wrong location.
Ugh, same situation (Windows 10 Creators Update & Nvidia Driver Update) and also having the same issue. Turning on compatibility mode via osu!repair seems to be the temporary solution (although gameplay is significantly laggier)..
MetaPixel
Exact same problem here, i'll try to reinstall the nvidia drivers and see if it works.

I should never update windows again, EVERYTIME I update something bad happens...

Edit:
So I just fixed it by reinstalling the driver manually, easy http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Ps.: Maybe it's necessary to do a clean install
SigmaTheFox44
Uninstall the drivers completely and rollback to the 378.92 driver version. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us Just click on this link, insert what graphics card you have, OS version and language, download the second driver you see after searching and install it. That should fix your problem
SigmaTheFox44
the latest nvidia driver SHOULD have been to be more compatible with creators update but nvidia messed up