Shifting from insane to extra difficulty

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
1Alone

Yolshka wrote:

1Alone wrote:

Damn I can't stand playing a single map over and over just to reach for the acc part, I'll rage quit before I even reached that
It's entirely possible to get 100% accuracy on insanes even on the first try.
I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I hear this, but you don't have to do that.
Yeah it's entirely possible. You have to be one with your mouse tho lol (100% mouse+eye synchronization rate in short, super muscle memory :D)

B1oody wrote:

Should probably shift to hards. You are not even ready for insanes.
Oh come on, I don't wanna go back playing that :? I'm still playing it tho, with DT or HR sometimes when I'm playing with friends.

Btw to those who post here,

1Alone wrote:

- How long does it take for you guys to shift from insane to extra difficulty?
^Left unanswered lol
Eskalade
Hey you're actually pretty similar to me. I have very low acc and find difficulty in fcing 4-5* maps. Extra difficulty has many jumps and streams, so what I did was do some stream practice maps and also for jumps, use dt on 3*s.

I still haven't completely shifted yet, since I loiter around 4*-6* diff, but the first time I passed a 6* was not too long after passing my first 5*. I forgot how long, but don't be discouraged and never give up :)
Hiro-Senpai
Man don't joke around and go back to 3*-4*
If you have to play insane maps with no fail it clearly shows that you are too bad to even play those.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Eskalade wrote:

Hey you're actually pretty similar to me. I have very low acc and find difficulty in fcing 4-5* maps. Extra difficulty has many jumps and streams, so what I did was do some stream practice maps and also for jumps, use dt on 3*s.

I still haven't completely shifted yet, since I loiter around 4*-6* diff, but the first time I passed a 6* was not too long after passing my first 5*. I forgot how long, but don't be discouraged and never give up :)
Hey look, a friend :lol: We're on the same pp level tho. I might overtake you sometime if you don't be careful and keep your combo up lol, and our play routine is really identical :idea: . But yeah thanks for the reassurance! :D

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Man don't joke around and go back to 3*-4*
If you have to play insane maps with no fail it clearly shows that you are too bad to even play those.
Lol,it's because everytime I start to play insane map for the first time, I ensure I used no fail so that any combo I reached there wouldn't be wasted if I failed and gives a little boost to my pp (My HP bar doesn't go down all the way though even if I miss like a beat or two during the first play). For some reason, my combo is higher when I first played the map vs. when I played it for like the second and third time without the no fail :lol: that's probably why the NF shows up in my top ranks instead of the ones without the NF (well, clearly higher combo gives more pp. Even if the No Fail mode reduces 10% of them :P ) The reason was probably I get scared watching the HP bar when I was playing without the No Fail lol.
dung eater
You can keep doing what you are doing, you'll improve at what you try to do. You need to know what you should be doing and how you fail to do it properly to improve. Things you don't pay attention to mighht be harder to improve later when you are very used to whatever way you've done it.
Topic Starter
1Alone

jaaakb wrote:

You can keep doing what you are doing, you'll improve at what you try to do. You need to know what you should be doing and how you fail to do it properly to improve. Things you don't pay attention to mighht be harder to improve later when you are very used to whatever way you've done it.
Wise words :D I'll keep that in mind
hayate13
1000pp
Extra diff
Is it just me that think its too god damn motherfucking early for people with 1000 pp to play extra diff maps?
FabOmega22

Don't rush yourself.

I know that you want to get there, to the point of the level of those pros out there, but still you have to play more with what you can.

I started playing January. I get used to Hard maps, then after to the point that I can fc every Hard maps (3 stars), I slowly shifted to Insane maps (4 stars), I practiced jumps and streams with no mods, and I didn't used any helping mods (like No Fail, and the others). I played more of Insane maps then with my rank right now, sometimes I do play Extra maps, but I'm only minimizing it because it will just exhaust me too much, and I can't even FC one. I know this is straightforward but practice those streams and jumps bro!

So basically, only play what you can up to now. Don't use mods. Again please, don't rush yourself. I know I'm only at the top 120k but yeah, as one of your fellow as the same bracket as you. I'm glad that I helped you a bit.

Don't forget, this is just a game, you need to enjoy playing to be able to be good with it. :D
Topic Starter
1Alone

hayate13 wrote:

1000pp
Extra diff
Is it just me that think its too god damn motherfucking early for people with 1000 pp to play extra diff maps?
Haha being the unique one here ;) you really resort to some amazing words in your sentence lol

FabOmega22 wrote:

Don't rush yourself.

I know that you want to get there, to the point of the level of those pros out there, but still you have to play more with what you can.

I started playing January. I get used to Hard maps, then after to the point that I can fc every Hard maps (3 stars), I slowly shifted to Insane maps (4 stars), I practiced jumps and streams with no mods, and I didn't used any helping mods (like No Fail, and the others). I played more of Insane maps then with my rank right now, sometimes I do play Extra maps, but I'm only minimizing it because it will just exhaust me too much, and I can't even FC one. I know this is straightforward but practice those streams and jumps bro!

So basically, only play what you can up to now. Don't use mods. Again please, don't rush yourself. I know I'm only at the top 120k but yeah, as one of your fellow as the same bracket as you. I'm glad that I helped you a bit.

Don't forget, this is just a game, you need to enjoy playing to be able to be good with it. :D
Probably it's just me liking to challenge myself beyond what I can lol, but yeah I do agree you got a point. I'll try not to overwork myself with extra maps and play some more insanes, streams and jumps
kai99
<<1.5k pp
<<not too shitty acc
<<still stuck on insane
<<haven't even touched extra
<<just started 4* maps

:thinking:
Hiro-Senpai
:thinking: x2
AnotherDream
I personally wouldn't mind playing 4 stars every now and then at your current level as that would push u and give you a mark on your progress. However, you should mainly be playing 3* stars as you still got lots to train (consistency, accuracy, rhythms like doubles, technicals etc.). There's no point to play 5*. Your mind woildnt be able to keep up when trying to play it as its wayyyy too hard you atm.
From personal experience, it's no fun to go back to basics when you realise you can't go any further.
Topic Starter
1Alone

ABKirito wrote:

I personally wouldn't mind playing 4 stars every now and then at your current level as that would push u and give you a mark on your progress. However, you should mainly be playing 3* stars as you still got lots to train (consistency, accuracy, rhythms like doubles, technicals etc.). There's no point to play 5*. Your mind woildnt be able to keep up when trying to play it as its wayyyy too hard you atm.
From personal experience, it's no fun to go back to basics when you realise you can't go any further.
Yeah I wouldn't want that. But I think I probably stick to 4* instead of 3* because it seems like some 3* got a slow ar that I sometimes mistakenly clicked to early lol. And

1Alone wrote:

I'm still playing it tho, with DT or HR sometimes when I'm playing with friends.
^ This is for 3* maps. 1/4 of my time in osu daily is for playing with them lol

Seems like many people suggest me to be consistent at insanes first, I'll take that :D Thanks for the advices guys!
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

If you can consistently high-acc (95%+) insanes (preferably FCs too) then you're ready for extra. It's not repetitive, you just need to download more maps.
Honestly, even if you 99 insanes doesn't mean you are ready for extras. Only because you can nitpick your maps and play the most overweighted ones...

NINJAEDIT: At some point I thought I can play 4* maps :^)
Sayorie

Cirno9 wrote:

Sayorie wrote:

If you can consistently high-acc (95%+) insanes (preferably FCs too) then you're ready for extra. It's not repetitive, you just need to download more maps.
Honestly, even if you 99 insanes doesn't mean you are ready for extras. Only because you can nitpick your maps and play the most overweighted ones...

NINJAEDIT: At some point I thought I can play 4* maps :^)
I don't know about you but it worked for me. Any what I meant by 'consistently high-acc insanes' means 'getting high-acc on most of the maps' and not simply the overweighted ones.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

I don't know about you but it worked for me. Any what I meant by 'consistently high-acc insanes' means 'getting high-acc on most of the maps' and not simply the overweighted ones.
I was refering to the extra diffs. Only because you FCd "cold green eyes" or *insert overweighted pp size* doesn't mean you can play 5* maps. Period.
Sayorie
I don't get you. If you can 99% lots of insane maps, I could say you can already go up the ladder. There's no need for strict reaffirmation whether or not you can go up the difficulty ladder, since you have free will anyway. It's up to you to smartly discern if you're good enough.

fucking hell, you can do bad on extra after going from insane but that doesn't mean you can't play extra. It's part of the fucking learning process to learn what you don't know. Stop using buzzwords like overweighted because there's really no drawback on playing them unless you actually only play those kinds of maps
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

I don't get you. If you can 99% lots of insane maps, I could say you can already go up the ladder. There's no need for strict reaffirmation whether or not you can go up the difficulty ladder, since you have free will anyway. It's up to you to smartly discern if you're good enough.

fucking hell, you can do bad on extra after going from insane but that doesn't mean you can't play extra. It's part of the fucking learning process to learn what you don't know. Stop using buzzwords like overweighted because there's really no drawback on playing them unless you actually only play those kinds of maps
I don't play short maps in general, only if I want some quick pp. Most extra diffs are insanes that require more aim, there is nothing new to learn. And btw, I stand behind my opinion, if you can't sightread it you can't play it (shitmisses aside).

NINJAEDIT: Don't ask for it, we both know that there are plenty of 4* maps that you can't play. If jumpspam maps is all you enjoy (or all you can play, have fun).
Sayorie

Cirno9 wrote:

there is nothing new to learn
heh, that's where you're wrong kiddo
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

there is nothing new to learn
heh, that's where you're wrong kiddo
What? Out of the 200-300 5* pp size maps I played there were like 10 maps that were mapped with a not so generic style. You need aim, nothing else.
Sayorie
Nattsun
7ambda

Cirno9 wrote:

What? Out of the 200-300 5* pp size maps I played there were like 10 maps that were mapped with a not so generic style. You need aim, nothing else.

Cirno9 wrote:

Talks about pp size, links techmaps (some of em ain't even hard, smh).
Nice grammar. Way to make your argument confusing as shit to understand.
Shino Inuzuka

F1r3tar wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Ok, this sentence is confusing as fuck.
I think he meant "What? Out of the 200-300 5* pp TV sized maps I've played, there have been like 10 maps that were mapped with the same style as longer maps, with a balance of streams and jumps. You need aim, nothing else." X'D
7ambda
Nattsun

Shino Inuzuka wrote:

I think he meant "What? Out of the 200-300 5* pp TV sized maps I've played, there have been like 10 maps that were mapped with the same style as longer maps, with a balance of streams and jumps. You need aim, nothing else." X'D
Apparently I wasn't that hard to understand :^)

@F1r3tar I know these maps, now make a list with generic mapping styles and compare them. Oh and snapping consistently short distances is actually pretty hard and requires good aim. "Regular" means shit, aim=aim.

And why? Because I don't have "game knowledge" in a circle clicking game? If you are refering to my english, yes it's flawed, but I want to see you speaking/typing in your 3rd language.
Sayorie
Unironically saying "You need aim, nothing else." sounds arrogant and condescending, not to mention factually wrong. Improvement is still learning in itself, and learning how to do cross screen jumps still requires even just a slight change in approach and playstyle. For example, if I get stuck with anything, I try to learn more approaches and tips from forums and other places like asking pros, etc. Even just simple insight and "play more" coming from them can get you quite far.

I actually could have shrugged that off but it seems that you were serious, and seriously wrong.

LOL when players keep playing without learning, they eventually get stuck and ask here in the forums. That's what you call trying to learn.
Comfy Slippers
Extra's put more emphasis on streams and corner jumps appear more often (at least most 5* maps i played felt this way). Basically, if you can do well on insane maps and if you're solid at these aspects, you are set to go.
Shino Inuzuka

Cirno9 wrote:

Shino Inuzuka wrote:

Apparently I wasn't that hard to understand :^)

@F1r3tar I know these maps, now make a list with generic mapping styles and compare them. Oh and snapping consistently short distances is actually pretty hard and requires good aim. "Regular" means shit, aim=aim.

And why? Because I don't have "game knowledge" in a circle clicking game? If you are refering to my english, yes it's flawed, but I want to see you speaking/typing in your 3rd language.
Okay, I'm sorry, but I was supporting my friend Firestar here. He asked what it meant, so I told him. And honestly, you're very wrong. Most TV size maps have at least 1 burst stream here or there, but there are few with ONLY jumps. Maybe like 10 without a single burst stream that's 5*. That statement really pisses me off considering the time I had to put to learn streams just so I could FC some maps. Like honestly, normally I wouldn't even bother replying to a opinionated statement, but this is going too far. You need to think about all the maps, not just the ones you like because clearly we have a farmer here.
Nattsun
A farmer with 1500 FCs and more than 200SS ranks (all 4*+) and streaming is by far my best skill. Did I mention that I only spam old AR8 maps and techmaps lately? I am clearly a farmer :^)

Honestly, "hard" is subjective and I didn't skip maps that were mapped in a similar mapping style like the ones firestar linked. If you struggle with them I can't help you out, but I never farmed and played that shit instead. Guess what, I have an easier time playing them than your jumpspam map, that's why I say 5* maps require nothing but aim and that is partly true. Other skills are mandatory, ofc they are, but if you can play 4* maps you only need aim to play 5* maps (and stamina if you never played the old djpop stuff).
Shino Inuzuka

Cirno9 wrote:

A farmer with 1500 FCs and more than 200SS ranks (all 4*+) and streaming is by far my best skill. Did I mention that I only spam old AR8 maps and techmaps lately? I am clearly a farmer :^)

Honestly, "hard" is subjective and I didn't skip maps that were mapped in a similar mapping style like the ones firestar linked. If you struggle with them I can't help you out, but I never farmed and played that shit instead. Guess what, I have an easier time playing them than your jumpspam map, that's why I say 5* maps require nothing but aim and that is partly true. Other skills are mandatory, ofc they are, but if you can play 4* maps you only need aim to play 5* maps (and stamina if you never played the old djpop stuff).
Yes you are CLEARLY a farmer. And no I don't struggle with them, but that doesn't mean they aren't hard for others. It does NOT just require aim. Cus for one thing, try playing without tapping ^^
N0thingSpecial
lets just agree that the star rating system is flawed
Nattsun

Shino Inuzuka wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Yes you are CLEARLY a farmer. And no I don't struggle with them, but that doesn't mean they aren't hard for others. It does NOT just require aim. Cus for one thing, try playing without tapping ^^
Now you are just being ignorant. 8-)