forum

Losing Aim and Skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tensku
For some reason, i have been losing my aim and skill. I can't seem to fc maps (not the easy ones). Just 2 weeks ago, i changed my arm positioning and it seems to be good for me. I can fc harder maps and getting higher pp but now I can't. I tried to play more but it didn't seem to work.

So is this normal?
How can i do good again :? ?

Also i am a mouse player not tablet.
Hiro-Senpai
Idk why are you complaining your progression seems just fine. You fcd with a good score 3 days ago.
Topic Starter
Tensku

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Idk why are you complaining your progression seems just fine. You fcd with a good score 3 days ago.
that was a really easy map.T he map only gave me 2 pp and not that much jumps and really easy streams.
Sayorie
You can't say you're losing aim and skill just because you're not getting any pp or not FCing. Train your skills first, then look for pp and FCs after.

Actually, you should think of pp as a reward from your training rather than a goal in itself.
Topic Starter
Tensku

Sayorie wrote:

You can't say you're losing aim and skill just because you're not getting any pp or not FCing. Train your skills first, then look for pp and FCs after.

Actually, you should think of pp as a reward from your training rather than a goal in itself.
Ok thx ill try
btw my aim can't be as good as before
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

Actually, you should think of pp scores as a reward from your training rather than a goal in itself.
FTFY.

OP: There are plenty of maps worth no pp, but insanely hard. FCing them is more satisfying than any FC on a farmmap that has been FCd 2000 times before. Just my opinion, though.
Sayorie
pp affects rank, not score.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

pp=/=skill

You don't have to improve to get pp, setting a new score (assuming you already have one on XY map) requires skill.
Sayorie
You're not coherent at all.

Cirno9 wrote:

pp=/=skill
pp (has some quantitative correlation to ->) skill

Cirno9 wrote:

You don't have to improve to get pp, setting a new score (assuming you already have one on XY map) requires skill.
The same way you don't have to improve to get a score on a new map, but setting higher pp (assuming you already have one on XY map) requires skill too.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

You're not coherent at all.

Cirno9 wrote:

pp=/=skill
pp (has some quantitative correlation to ->) skill

Cirno9 wrote:

The same way you don't have to improve to get a score on a new map, but setting higher pp (assuming you already have one on XY map) requires skill too.
The way you put it it sounds like you want him to chase for a new top play as reward. Seriously, he could've just play a techmap/streammap for 0pp too and be satisfyed with the score.
Sayorie

from OP wrote:

I can fc harder maps and getting higher pp but now I can't.
This is his testimony in regards to claiming that he's worried about losing aim and skill. This implies that OP worries about not FCing and getting pp.

Sayorie wrote:

Train your skills first, then look for pp and FCs after.

You're understanding me wrongly here, as you're putting it in a way that the goal itself is getting the reward, which I clearly didn't intend to say.

To explain my point before,

Sayorie wrote:

I believe that pp elicits a more rewarding feeling compared to score, as it directly affects rank. pp might not be a good representation of actual skill, but it correlates to your ability to some extent.

∴ You must probably hate me.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

I believe that pp elicits a more rewarding feeling compared to score, as it directly affects rank. pp might not be a good representation of actual skill, but it correlates to your ability to some extent.

∴ You must probably hate me.
And that's your opinion, though. I never felt as much satisfaction/hate when I "FCd" that old 7m demetori map from happy30 (missed last note, got pp but fuck that) or the axion map with those insanely spaced streams (4.9*ish, idk the diff name). To each his own I guess?

I don't hate you exclusively, you are just part of "everyone". No,
seriously I hate no1 in the internet except one retard on MAL.
Hiro-Senpai
PP is love. Score means nothing. Ok it means something if you are going for that top 50 score but not many people are good enough to get such scores. PP gives a lot more satisfaction (at least for me) bcuz it makes you to go up in "skill" rankings and shows you improvement
gooder101
Have you ever thought that you might need to take a break for one day at least?
When i couldn't play properly most of the time it was because i was tired so there is a posibility that you just need to go off for a bit.
Cheers
Topic Starter
Tensku
after a 5 day break (not really since i played after the 2nd day) I did got better but i got the idea from another forum but thx for the advice gooder101.
(Btw played offline cause wifi broke).

On Sayorie and Cirno9's kinda arguement idk.
I didn't really cared about my score because idk what scores even do to a player .
I followed Sayorie and it kinda worked cause i played more and thought of pp as a reward.
I also wasn't trying to get top pp.

So in the result of following Sayorie's advice of practicing and thinking pp as a reward and taking a break.
I skill and aim is doing good.
By knowing that i played relax on jump maps hitting a high combo and fcing jumps and playing and beating old scores.

I know that the people who replied might not see this.
But i wrote it so other players can see the result (if other players see this xd).
If english is bad pls sorry.
Sayorie

Tensku wrote:

after a 5 day break (not really since i played after the 2nd day) I did got better but i got the idea from another forum but thx for the advice gooder101.

I didn't really cared about my score because idk what scores even do to a player .
I followed Sayorie and it kinda worked cause i played more and thought of pp as a reward.

So in the result of following Sayorie's advice of practicing and thinking pp as a reward and taking a break.
By knowing that i played relax on jump maps hitting a high combo and fcing jumps and playing and beating old scores.

But i wrote it so other players can see the result (if other players see this xd).
It's okay. I'm cheering for you. :)
Topic Starter
Tensku

Sayorie wrote:

Tensku wrote:

It's okay. I'm cheering for you. :)
:) ty
Shanaxiss
Are you warming up properly before you try the usual harder songs? Have a bunch of songs that you can pass easily beforehand. I usually have a goal for accuracy and combos. E.g. get above 93% accuracy on a song and repeating this for a bunch of 4* or whatever difficulty you are comfortable with.
Try using tillerino for map recommendations by messaging it !r
Playing more often and building consistency by playing your favourite maps over a few times as a warm up is gonna help a lot.
Topic Starter
Tensku

Shanaxiss wrote:

Are you warming up properly before you try the usual harder songs? Have a bunch of songs that you can pass easily beforehand. I usually have a goal for accuracy and combos. E.g. get above 93% accuracy on a song and repeating this for a bunch of 4* or whatever difficulty you are comfortable with.
Try using tillerino for map recommendations by messaging it !r
Playing more often and building consistency by playing your favourite maps over a few times as a warm up is gonna help a lot.
I warm up with hard maps with streams and high jumps.
Ik what is Tillerino.
I play often :3