skins! Skinning Competition!

posted
Total Posts
78
show more
Topic Starter
CBullet

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

Locked theme?
The theme will be announced in about 13 hours. You must skin according to that theme.

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

About picture we can only draw or make own?
The skin must be 100% original and all the elements made by you. You may reference an image or have inspiration from it, but tracing/plagiarism is strictly forbidden. Textures may be used to an extent.

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

The competition is a team?
No, you'll be skinning this alone.
Jherk

CBullet wrote:

FruityEnLoops wrote:

User voting for #1 is not a good idea. The winner will be chosen not by people but by bots or by who has the largest community.
Vote manipulation has been accounted for, the skinners' identities will be anonymous until the winners are announced.
Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
Topic Starter
CBullet

Jherk wrote:

Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
What do you mean by brushes?
Jherk

CBullet wrote:

Jherk wrote:

Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
What do you mean by brushes?
Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
Kvathe

Jherk wrote:

Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
Why would the ruleset have anything to say about brushes? The community will decide whether they like them or not.
Jherk

Kvathe wrote:

Jherk wrote:

Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
Why would the ruleset have anything to say about brushes? The community will decide whether they like them or not.
Uhhhh, brushes are literally placeable images that were (usually) made by other people, personally i dont see it being an issue because they still have to be edited and changed to be more presentable, i just thought I'd ask...
hoichael45
2 questions:

1. Can you have transparent elementss (for example: Hit300 or combobursts.)

2. Can you use downloaded fonts if you edit them later?
Skulkan
Questions:
  • 1. Will hitsounds and interface sounds affect judging?
  • 2. Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?
  • 3. Is the use of 3rd party fonts allowed?
Topic Starter
CBullet

hoichael45 wrote:

Can you have transparent elementss (for example: Hit300 or combobursts.)
Yes, but remember that this is an art-focused competition, not gameplay. The skin only needs to be playable, focus on the looks.

hoichael45 wrote:

Can you use downloaded fonts if you edit them later?
Yes.

Skulkan wrote:

Will hitsounds and interface sounds affect judging?
It may affect the uservote for 1st place, but I have no intentions of focusing on the hitsounds unless they're extremely good or extremely bad. Normal hitsounds like Kamui or something would just be neutral.

Skulkan wrote:

Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?
Depends on the use, if it's stock audio of like ocean waves or something that's fine. Using full songs for completion/fail screen wouldn't be okay though.

Skulkan wrote:

Is the use of 3rd party fonts allowed?
Yes, but customize them at least somewhat to fit the theme.
-yuo-
I'm hesitant to enter....

Q: can we use community art? Such as art found on Google and art sites?

CBullet wrote:

Skulkan wrote:
Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?

Depends on the use, if it's stock audio of like ocean waves or something that's fine. Using full songs for completion/fail screen wouldn't be okay though.
What about hit and menu sounds not made from us?
.
Topic Starter
CBullet

-yuo- wrote:

I'm hesitant to enter....

Q: can we use community art? Such as art found on Google and art sites?

CBullet wrote:

Skulkan wrote:
Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?

Depends on the use, if it's stock audio of like ocean waves or something that's fine. Using full songs for completion/fail screen wouldn't be okay though.
What about hit and menu sounds not made from us?
.
Hitsounds & menu sounds don't have to be made by you, but I encourage that you do make them yourself/fit them to the theme somehow. More creativity = better influence on the uservote. I do, however, recommend managing your time wisely. Prioritize the important stuff first.
Royal22YTGaming
Wait Question: can I actually use the skin I already created to enter the comtest
Jherk
If you never released it who would be able to know? :P
-Snivy3000-
it's obligatory add "@2x" files?
Topic Starter
CBullet

Royal22YTGaming wrote:

Wait Question: can I actually use the skin I already created to enter the comtest

At that point it's an honor code, and if you're found to be cheating you'll be barred from all future competitions.

-Snivy3000- wrote:

it's obligatory add "@2x" files?
Not a requirement, but I would highly recommend it. Uservote I don't know about, but I know for sure that we'll be judging all of the skins in whatever resolutions we play at. I play at 1080p.
-yuo-
Thanks for the info and encouragement, i might put this contest behind for now then.... maybe make an oceanic skin but it'll be wayyy overdue for this comp

BTW MAKE A FAQ SECTION ON FIRST POST!
this would make it easy for people to read and come back to later if they need to check some rules

[img]FAQ TITLE IMAGE[/img]
[box=ENLIGHTEN ME]
[quote="Asker"]Question[/quote]
Answer

[quote="Asker"]Question[/quote]
Answer[/box]
Topic Starter
CBullet
:thinking: maybe will make a faq, kind of covered most of it on the release video though
Ephroximus
aiiigghhhht. time to join
elvicen69
Check it CBullet =D Its my skin for this Competition

Forum: DELETED

Skin: DELETED


Thanks for watching and greetings.
Topic Starter
CBullet

elvicen69 wrote:

Check it CBullet =D Its my skin for this Competition

Forum: [REDACTED]

Skin: [REDACTED]


Thanks for watching and greetings.
Submission link is on the original post, please do not leak that you made this skin in the future! I kindly request that you edit out your links.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply