1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
show more
posted
User voting for #1 is not a good idea. The winner will be chosen not by people but by bots or by who has the largest community.
posted

FruityEnLoops wrote:

User voting for #1 is not a good idea. The winner will be chosen not by people but by bots or by who has the largest community.
Vote manipulation has been accounted for, the skinners' identities will be anonymous until the winners are announced.
posted
I'm up to this like an attack helipcopter taking off. NOW GIMME THE THEMES.
posted

suryae wrote:

I'm up to this like an attack helipcopter taking off. NOW GIMME THE THEMES.
Theme will be announced this Friday.
posted

CBullet wrote:

FruityEnLoops wrote:

User voting for #1 is not a good idea. The winner will be chosen not by people but by bots or by who has the largest community.
Vote manipulation has been accounted for, the skinners' identities will be anonymous until the winners are announced.
Good thing!
I'm in anyway :p I think there should be official skinning competitions, like the beatmap ones ; the winners would be added to the base game pack
Would be cool since, let's face it, the base skin is not that great.
posted

FruityEnLoops wrote:

I'm in anyway :p I think there should be official skinning competitions, like the beatmap ones ; the winners would be added to the base game pack. Would be cool since, let's face it, the base skin is not that great.
shhhh don't let peppy take this away from us ;w;
posted
and friday come, i'm want know about skinning competition theme :3
posted

CBullet wrote:

FruityEnLoops wrote:

I'm in anyway :p I think there should be official skinning competitions, like the beatmap ones ; the winners would be added to the base game pack. Would be cool since, let's face it, the base skin is not that great.
shhhh don't let peppy take this away from us ;w;
n_n
there should be more skinning competitions in my opinion ^^
posted

-Redya- wrote:

and friday come, i'm want know about skinning competition theme :3
Friday at noon PST, should've specified that, my bad!
posted
Locked theme?
About picture we can only draw or make own?
The competition is a team?
sorry,I'm still a little confused
posted

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

Locked theme?
The theme will be announced in about 13 hours. You must skin according to that theme.

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

About picture we can only draw or make own?
The skin must be 100% original and all the elements made by you. You may reference an image or have inspiration from it, but tracing/plagiarism is strictly forbidden. Textures may be used to an extent.

[ Reversal ] la wrote:

The competition is a team?
No, you'll be skinning this alone.
posted

CBullet wrote:

FruityEnLoops wrote:

User voting for #1 is not a good idea. The winner will be chosen not by people but by bots or by who has the largest community.
Vote manipulation has been accounted for, the skinners' identities will be anonymous until the winners are announced.
Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
posted

Jherk wrote:

Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
What do you mean by brushes?
posted

CBullet wrote:

Jherk wrote:

Except those people are going to know who made what skin because they probably already saw it in production lol. On another note, how are brushes treated in this ruleset?
What do you mean by brushes?
Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
posted

Jherk wrote:

Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
Why would the ruleset have anything to say about brushes? The community will decide whether they like them or not.
posted

Kvathe wrote:

Jherk wrote:

Dude you have photoshop, surely you know what a brush is
Why would the ruleset have anything to say about brushes? The community will decide whether they like them or not.
Uhhhh, brushes are literally placeable images that were (usually) made by other people, personally i dont see it being an issue because they still have to be edited and changed to be more presentable, i just thought I'd ask...
posted
2 questions:

1. Can you have transparent elementss (for example: Hit300 or combobursts.)

2. Can you use downloaded fonts if you edit them later?
posted
Questions:
  • 1. Will hitsounds and interface sounds affect judging?
  • 2. Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?
  • 3. Is the use of 3rd party fonts allowed?
posted

hoichael45 wrote:

Can you have transparent elementss (for example: Hit300 or combobursts.)
Yes, but remember that this is an art-focused competition, not gameplay. The skin only needs to be playable, focus on the looks.

hoichael45 wrote:

Can you use downloaded fonts if you edit them later?
Yes.

Skulkan wrote:

Will hitsounds and interface sounds affect judging?
It may affect the uservote for 1st place, but I have no intentions of focusing on the hitsounds unless they're extremely good or extremely bad. Normal hitsounds like Kamui or something would just be neutral.

Skulkan wrote:

Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?
Depends on the use, if it's stock audio of like ocean waves or something that's fine. Using full songs for completion/fail screen wouldn't be okay though.

Skulkan wrote:

Is the use of 3rd party fonts allowed?
Yes, but customize them at least somewhat to fit the theme.
posted
I'm hesitant to enter....

Q: can we use community art? Such as art found on Google and art sites?

CBullet wrote:

Skulkan wrote:
Is the use of 3rd party sound samples allowed?

Depends on the use, if it's stock audio of like ocean waves or something that's fine. Using full songs for completion/fail screen wouldn't be okay though.
What about hit and menu sounds not made from us?
.
show more
Please sign in to reply.