General/Set-up Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
johnmedina999
Very interesting and cool.
MrThingyman
Thanks for posting this, Raging Bull :)

If you guys have any further questions, just let me know.
Nyquill
can our community even be considered active
MrThingyman
You've had games in the past year, so you're considered active.

And as long as you have one person who's willing to do this and thinks they can handle the activity, then you're good to go :)

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.
Raging Bull
I personally think it would be cool for someone to represent our community for the game. Just looking at the last few pages, it seems like there are people who (still?) want to play.
Nyquill
tbh I want to play noncommital games like irc mafia nowadays, I get too stressed out with an ongoing game.
Hika
what nyquill said

it's just kinda hard to keep a game going cuz i got two jobs and graduating school soon
Raging Bull
Oh well, no biggie. It is true that forum mafia games are quite time intensive. I wasn't planning on joining too due to other commitments (school etc) so it would be rude of me to force you guys. Thanks for the input. Hopefully in the future we can play more games in here or IRC again.
Hika
Yeah can we revive IRC? Would be boss.
Raging Bull
I only did IRC mafia with like 5-6 people once. Not sure if there were bigger games than that. I'm willing to join IRC if anyone makes.
Ace Timing
same
Ace Timing
well this new site design isn't exactly conducive to mafia
johnmedina999
Sadly.
Dawns
Sadly.
Raging Bull
the proportion of pippy's hand and her body/head is quite huge.

Also where is this new site design? I still have the "old" one I assume, since nothing changed for me.
johnmedina999
Here you go. This is the new website leading to this thread. You can explore from here, if you want.
abraker
anyone interested?
Sakura
do ppl even still play
abraker
we can start playing again
Hika
Our game got abandoned I’m so sad
Amianki
I'm kind of surprised this place still gets posts occasionally, tbh.
tn5421
I'm really not a fan of the new theme, to be honest.
Tupsu
shameless self-promotion on the top post in the subforum, what could go wrong.

I'm hosting a mafia game ft. mostly osu!/ex-osu! people. it'll be open setup because I got a specific request to make a noob-friendly game. the intent is to start off on approximately the 25th of June, but this is a hesitant early guess and might change depending on interest and people's availability. theme is cyberpunk, just to make it a bit more fun.

game is hosted off-site because I can't handle the new layout and because of certain GMing/moderation concerns: https://forums.tuuba.moe/viewtopic.php?pid=43142 everyone is welcome, just register for an account if you don't have one yet. please do try to be active though, inactivity kills the game.

e: game's started, but we do tend to host mafias at least twice a year (more can always be negotiated), which might be better than the current state of affairs on this subforum. for now you can sit back and enjoy the action, though.
abraker
The necro gods have blessed me. Come forth and raise from the grave, o' dying subforum.
it has been done

There is some renewed interest in Mafia coming from https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/852852 and I would like to see a game in here as there once was long ago. So far we have

1. abraker
  2. Penguin
  3. Husa
  4. Achromalia
  5. cravenfiner
  6. Westonini
  7. keremal
  8. Death
  9. GuyInFreezer
Mod: Sakura

Death might also join if we get a party going.
ACHIEVEMENT GET: Death joined the game! Just respond with /in if you are interested.
Penguin
We need to find a moderator as well
Husa
/in
Achromalia
/in, i suppose. i dunno if i'll really be able to keep up with it, though. pretty new to it as well.

i'll try it out.

*sigh*

that's how mafia works...
abraker
looking for at least 4-5 more people
Westonini
Hmm..

I think I get the gist of things about this game but how exactly would we be playing? Like, is everything happening in forum posts? Are there PM's involved as well? Etc.
cravenfiner
/in

ig ill try it out too
abraker

Westonini wrote:

Hmm..

I think I get the gist of things about this game but how exactly would we be playing? Like, is everything happening in forum posts? Are there PM's involved as well? Etc.
Look in this subforum which is full of these games. Here is a previous one if you can't decide which one to click on: https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/552912

day time chat is happening in forum posts
PM's are involved as well as far as moderation and role actions are concerned
mafia night time chat and dead chat is done over at https://www.quicktopic.com (example dead chat from previous game)
Westonini
Alright, I guess I'll give it a shot then.

/in
abraker
great, need at least 2 more!
keremaru
/in
Sakura
wow is this really happening?
abraker
So you in? Also we need a moderator
Death
/in

Sakura wrote:

wow is this really happening?
I suppose so.
Sakura
I can mod if needed, but I dont want to have to replace like half the playerlist midway through the game, I hope people can stick around.
abraker
Fingers crossed

I think we can start this soon
abraker
I think everyone who wanted to join has joined by now
I spent a couple weeks spreading the word, so if people are not here by now I don't think they will be

Also it just occurred to me that Death is the only one here who can't double post because moderators are forced to use new site
not sure how to go about this
show more