forum

General/Set-up Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lybydose
I'd play some mafia with the toohoos. Course you gotta give me Yuyuko, Sanae, Mokou, or Shiekeiekkeiekekiekiekeiiieikeiki though.
rust45
I really don't want to get into the commitment of a mafia game right now as I have school and plenty of other distractions. Maybe once I lower the amount of distractions I'll join another.
pieguyn
Oh great, Two already started a game :?

I guess I'll start mine once another game finishes, then...
Two_old
ya I called dibs a month ago :P
Sleep Powder
We're going to need a bigger place to fit all these mafia games.
pieguyn
Oh lol, I forgot about that post :P

Hopefully I won't be too busy being in 3 games at once... >.<//
Topic Starter
0_o
Great idea with the separate forum ^_^

Maybe sticky the active games or move the completed ones to a subforum?
Lybydose
Was thinking of sticking the active games. I'll just do that, and also (recent) games that are waiting for signups.
Mara
This forum needs thread music.

pieguyn
Wow, good idea~ >w<

Maybe having a separate forum will attract more players too owo
rust45
Wow, I have to say, nice job getting all of games in here, I may just look at my old games to see how horrible I've been.
NoHitter
I suggest we have a queue for the Mafia Games or something.
So that everyone can queue in their games.
I think maximum number of games we can have is 3.
Two_old
now all we need is a timer and a thread activity button thing

mafiascum has those things but the people there are too retarded to play with
Ivalset
You forum wizards should make a link to the mafia subforum from the main index, like how Forum Games is.
Quaraezha

Lybydose wrote:

Also, please don't bump very old threads. Those are just here for anyone curious about finished games and/or metagaming research.
How about we lock them? The ones that are old and finished.
Mashley
Subforum in a subforum... we must dig deeper.
Lilac
This should really be under the announcements section as well...

It makes me think there are 4 Mafia games going on.
Topic Starter
0_o
Now all we need is an IRC channel + mafiabot and we're golden.
Chris_old

0_o wrote:

Now all we need is an IRC channel + mafiabot and we're golden.
irc channel pls

I don't know anything about IRC so I just need one of those pre-arranged mibbit links ^_^
Kiddo-Kun

Ivalset wrote:

You forum wizards should make a link to the mafia subforum from the main index, like how Forum Games is.
James2250

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

There "was".... for about 5 seconds. Then Derek decided it looked stupid to have a sub-sub forum on the main page so it got removed :P
Will have to mention it again.
Derekku
tl;dr - phpbb is stupid and I'm too obsessive compulsive about the site showing hyperlinks for both subforums AND sub-subforums on the main index. ):
bmin11
:( It sounds lazy, but it certainly wouldn't cause a harm...
Ivalset

Derekku wrote:

tl;dr - phpbb is stupid and I'm too obsessive compulsive about the site showing hyperlinks for both subforums AND sub-subforums on the main index. ):
Have you considered just making Mafia a subforum of Off-Topic instead?
Derekku

Ivalset wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Have you considered just making Mafia a subforum of Off-Topic instead?
Yes, but that makes no sense because Mafia IS a forum game and thus should be inside Forum Games asdfsdfsdf
Ivalset
It doesn't matter. I'm asking you to do something that doesn't make sense but is more convenient for everyone.

Also, every other forum game is a fucking pile of shit and should be wastelanded anyway.
bmin11
It would help alot. Thank you
Derekku
I dunno about making Mafia a regular subforum outside of Forum Games, but I added the hyperlink back. It'll show both under Forum Games and on the main forum index.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW
bmin11
Thank you~
pieguyn
Mafia isn't a forum game, it's a way of life~

thanks =w=
Ivalset
Words cannot describe how pleased I am.

So I won't describe it.
Topic Starter
0_o
I'm thinking we should add a list of standard rules to the "What is Mafia" thread, so new games can simply list any modifications to the rules instead of writing up a complete ruleset every time.
pieguyn
That's a good idea, and for that I suggest LS rules because they seem to be the most widely copied/used (correct me if I'm wrong)...
NoHitter
But not all Mafia games have the same rules.
For example, I'm planning to change the rules in my games such that the flip of the lynched occurs the next day.
Topic Starter
0_o

NoHItter wrote:

But not all Mafia games have the same rules.
For example, I'm planning to change the rules in my games such that the flip of the lynched occurs the next day.

0_o wrote:

new games can simply list any modifications to the rules instead of writing up a complete ruleset every time.
foulcoon
IRC:

http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=1830 ... nel=%23wwg

if you guys could please test it out, I want to make sure it allows connections for all of you via mibbit if you so desire.

Alternatively, you may connect via your preferred IRC client:

host: 208.76.87.13
port: 6667

channel: #wwg

Ninja'd from the werewolf game thread. We can set up more channels if need be. I'll leave it to one of you guys to set up a mafia channel for IRC bot games because I don't know anything about that shit. If you guys want to have the bot on 24/7 just let me know how to set it up and I'll keep it on 24/7 with an IRC client on my dedicated.

EDIT: Fixed the linky
Salvage
Works great here. :D
Mashley
Yeah that's right guiz just lynch me while I sleep again.
Rolled
wasnt me
Two_old
THIS IS A LIBERRY! CAN'T YOU READ?! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO STUDY! HOW CAN YOU BE SO RUDE?! IF YOU CAN'T BE SILENT, I'LL BE VIOLENT.
show more