F D Flourite wrote:
late late latethanks!
- should be fine if there's nothing wrong with metadata
- It doesn't feel right when every violin sound is labeled with hitwhistle at the beginning, as well as vocals on the latter half part. These whistles feel sharp while violin sounds are quite smooth. You can use several whistles to enhance the track but I don't think it's a good idea to give every long violin sound a whistle. On the contrary, piano sounds fit to whistle much better, as 00:14:259 (2,1,1,2,3,4,5) - . Highly recommend you to reconsider the usage of whistles before the break, especially for places like 00:06:946 (2,3) - that I have no idea what's going on with the whistle
- 00:13:134 (3,1) - 1.4x distance is large when music intensity is going down. need to be nerfed done
- 00:14:259 (2,1) - it doesn't look smooth in gameplay tbh. (but shouldn't matter too much) should be fixed with previous change
- 00:31:509 (2,1) - slope change is sharp on the transition from 2 to 1. Distance could be nerfed to reduce such feeling (with music intensity's going down). done
- 00:40:509 (1) - slidertail whistle is unneeded. if you try to whistle every vocal sound and piano sound, there's no actual emphasis for the whistle sound then.
- 00:53:634 (3,1) - 1.75x distance is better not used with direction change, which is harsher too much than patterns on similar sounds (e.g 00:50:634 (3,1) - . Nerf distance or change direction of slider 1 done the former
- 00:56:259 (2) - ^ similar. don't think it needs stronger emphasis as above
- 01:16:509 (1) - prefer more movement on this intro to the burst part instead of copying 01:09:759 (2,1,2) - , a pattern in calm part done
- 02:05:259 (2) - sliderhead should have addition of normal instead of sampleset of normal?
- same hitsound problem
- 00:26:634 (5,1) - not sure why no jump here added
- 00:39:759 (2,1) - 00:41:259 (2,1) - jumps here are ignoring the music imo. It keeps this part running in an intense atmosphere, where jumps occur often. But in fact instrument here isn't that strong. So jumps can be fewer. For example, 4 sections a jump, which means you should remove these 2 I quoted. done
- 01:25:509 (1,2) - Not sure if this is a jump or a walk. Now it's small for a jump increased distancing
- 01:48:009 (1) - tilt a bit more to the right or now it's much walkable done
- 02:05:259 (2) - sliderhead hitsound, same as Cup
- 01:56:259 (2,1) - doesn't need a jump imo, because the music difference is actually small (with soft piano sound added, tho) following the strong vocal line here, not instruments.
- hitsound here is not that bad because rhythm is more filled, and we can get softer 1/2 sounds from that. So we get difference among sounds, which is significant. But you can still consider to remove some whistles. For example, remove whistle at 00:30:946 (4) - 'cause constant whistles are too sharp, while this sound, being the start of a triplet in the music, is fine to give less enhancement.
- 00:19:509 - to 00:30:009 - this part has completely no HDash, which seems unbalanced to me. added some at the ending of the section
- 00:37:509 (1,2) - don't need a jump here. It's hard to map a real jump here anyway removed
- 00:50:259 (3,4) - yeah this part is a bit lack of actual sound. So I'd prefer smaller distance to walk. Now it's hard reduced
- 01:11:634 (6,1) - remove HDash? done
- 02:03:009 (1,2) - reduce this jump. Now the jump here occur back and forth frequently, which shouldn't happen imo. done
- 00:20:259 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - It's interesting that only 00:20:509 (5) - lands on an actual 1/6 sound. 00:20:321 (2,3) - should be changed to 1/4 snap instead done
- 00:41:071 (2,3) - under such flow, distance should be buffed by 0.1x (or a bit more) otherwise it's pretty easy to walk thru. done
- 01:47:259 (2) - a little bit easy to overshoot. need it be more horizontal done
- 02:13:509 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Nerf distance between 02:13:509 (1,2) - or change the entire flow. Now 02:13:509 (1,2) - is walkable but hard due to previous HDash. Same as 02:14:259 (7,8,9,10,11,12) - 01:09:009 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - done
- 00:28:509 (1,2) - distance can be smaller? reference at 00:21:759 (2,3) - 00:22:509 (1,2) -
- 00:30:009 (1,2) - not sure about this HDash. Now it's an option to move 00:30:571 (2) - to make 00:30:009 (1,2) - walkable, then 00:30:759 (3,4,5,6) - ctrl+H then move them left together. done
- 01:19:509 (1,2) - don't like this jump. 01:19:884 (2) - and 01:20:071 (3) - are not equally emphasized. You should walk to 2 then jump to 3. changed
Imo, Deif's diff isn't significantly harder than a general Overdose, but some patterns break the flow and cause insta-fail easily. So this diff can bring up the impression of having Deluge patterns. Let's see how Deif's gonna reply on those patterns first.
For me the spread isn't much confusing but the hitsound... Don't worry, I'm redoing the whole hitsounding for my diffs. Until now I just hitsounded the rain diff and copied its hitsounds to all other diffs, that's why the whistles were so dense. It shouldn't be that grating now.