forum

How good were you...?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlazingFX
at 3-4 months of gameplay? Were you able to play insanes with a FC?
I can only play a few insanes decently atm ;(
Sander-Don
I was yes, but everyone is different, it matters your play style, how you fair with rhythm games in general and, not everyone is as good as everyone else, so it might take some more time to get good :3~

Don't worry though, give it some time~
zerothefallen
I could do insanes with 93% almost FC's
Mismagius
Nowadays the average is FC insanes after 2 months of playcount. I only could do that after 1 year+, though
Shiirn
I still can't do insanes. Hell, I can barely do most hards.
Anzo
I can FC some Hard diffs... but Insane diffs, very rare.. (but I can finish them)
Hiyorin
I think I SS'd my first insane at 2 months or so, but it was one of those easy insanes, labeled insane but not really. I think your PC matters more than time since joined though.
Azure_Kite

Blue Dragon wrote:

Nowadays the average is FC insanes after 2 months of playcount. I only could do that after 1 year+, though
pooting this.

Standards have increased over the years, Which I'm not necessarily sure is a good thing, as it's usually difficulty > fun, nowadays.
SYSEN
plaing about 2weeks now...
able to FC hard..(2songs only)
never FC'ed insane though.... only can pass it
KRZY
3~4 months into playing this game I was still having difficulty with Hard difficulties.
Rantai
I still can't FC most insanes...

At 3-4 months I was probably getting the hang of hards.
Waryas
i got my first #1 with hd+hr on an insane after 4months of play.
Zetta
Took me about 2 months to do my first insane song. with 96%+

The thing is that "back in the day" maps we're SO goddamn different. The styles, such precise timing, and especially approach rate wasn't used like it is today. People joining osu in the last few months have had it extremely lucky because there have been some amazing maps which can challenge you, yet seem do able.

As osu ages and the maps get more fluid, you'll see people doing insanes in about 2-3 weeks of play time. Unforgivable you seem to hit a peak for a while after that where you can do any more than you're able to do. Once you finally get over that peak it's an amazing feeling though....until you realise that there was an everest behind that peak and you'll need to spend another 5 months climbing that.

JesusYamato wrote:

i got my first #1 with hd+hr on an insane after 4months of play.
Also I remember when you couldn't do songs with a slow approach rate. :P
xsrsbsns

KRZY wrote:

3~4 months into playing this game I was still having difficulty with Hard difficulties.
This really surprised me.. until I saw your playcount graph. I mean, almost no plays at all during first 4 months D:
RhaiizoN
Im about 4-5 month only I can pass any Dragonforce maps but not FC'd lol
And Im kinda good at streams :D
OzzyOzrock
I thought I was cool for S'ing insane diffs but not Taiko Onis.

OHO, STANDARD? OH WELL UH, I BARELY FC'D NORMAL DIFFS LOL
Wishy
After like 4 months I could pretty much FC all "normal" insanes in no more than 2 or 3 plays in a good day, an with effort I could FC those somewhat harder insanes (ofc no super insanes). I couldn't play HR at all and I had many ranked scores with DT or HD, but since the map's difficulty has been increasing with time (and no everyone FCs everything so damn easily lol), it really depends on when you started playing and how much you played in those 4 months... like really now you see some kind of very hard insane map and lol everyone has FC with somehow good acc, while I'm sure some time in the past those maps would have idk 15 FC only. A case I saw develop itself was Matryoshky (gowww's map). I remember when I joined it had like idk 20 FCs and Cookiezi was like top 1 or 2 with 1x100 nomod, and now you gotta do HD to get into the top 20. xd
Shiro
I was absolutely terrible in all three modes.
Hika
I've been here for 1 year. I only played CTB & a bit of standard, then I quit & came back in May.

I started playing standard since then & have improved greatly. ~
CXu
That was about the amount of time I needed to realise I had to turn off mouse precision or w/e it's called in windows ._. Yay me
KRZY

CXu wrote:

That was about the amount of time I needed to realise I had to turn off mouse precision or w/e it's called in windows ._. Yay me
I needed a full year before I knew that ._.
waterfall
I heard that mouse only wasn't a good way to play, and plus playing with just mouse was hurting my hand, so I mapped my left click to spacebar, and didn't notice that you could click with the right mouse button as well.

Basically I was trying to single tap my way through everything by pounding spacebar really fast. Streams baffled me because I couldn't figure out how people could tap one key that fast.

zx was something of a revelation :roll:
Satonaka
I started to pass insane songs when I learned that you can use two buttons for faster notes. Now I can fc most of the easy insane songs but still can't do 180+bpm insane songs.
Xaffy
I can't FC anything, I've been playing like 9months. I am terrible.
Sup A Noob
Four months in I started passing Insanes like normal. Two months later I was getting S'es on the wrong rig. Another two months later I was regularly first-try S'ing Insanes since I don't repeat play most of the time.

Now I'm trying to regular first-try SH Insane but it's hard as hell.
Naie
show more